Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

I'm in trouble - please help! (urgent)

Amaz

Hello,

I'm in Chiang Mai just now and the idiot that I am I only just realized my 30 day visa exemption stamp that I got on arrival at the airport expires TOMORROW.

Now I really need to get my visa extended tomorrow but don't know how to. I heard visa runs are no longer possible as of the changes in August this year and the Immigration Office is closed as it's sunday tomorrow. Do I need to get my ass out of Thailand tomorrow now? What can I do?

I actually found exactly this link earlier and was already working on preparing the paperwork when I realized it's sunday tomorrow and the immigration office will be shut. I can't go there tomorrow. If I go on Monday I will go there with an expired visa and get in trouble.

I Don't think you will get in trouble you just get fined. Overstays Fine are good tea money for Immigration officers.  AS long as you have the cash to pay you will be ok I am sure.

Okay thanks!

And visa runs to Burma are definitely no longer possible is that correct?

I could still catch a bus to Burma tomorrow if I can get a new 15 day VOA there.

I Don't think you will get in trouble you just get fined. Overstays Fine are good tea money for Immigration officers.  AS long as you have the cash to pay you will be ok I am sure.

If you get fined it's with a ticket (at least at the airport it is) so it's not tea money they are only following the rules everybody should be aware of and the money doesn't go in their pocket.

I had one day overstay last month and at the airport (Suvarnabhumi) i got send to a desk where a friendly officer  told me nevermind for one day,added one more day to my visa and asked me if i had a good time in Thailand. Have a good flight home and come back again soon, he added.

Now how is that for customs service? I don't know if they use the same policy at the land boarders though, probably not.

I think it's normal practice to skip the fine when it's only 1 day overstay. I've heard about it before.

You will be ok , go on Monday , max they will just fine you for a day .... But most probably they will not .

I think it's normal practice to skip the fine when it's only 1 day overstay. I've heard about it before.

Yep 1 day no charge

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

well Amaz what happened??

If we never see Amaz post again, let's speculate he's doing an extended stay in Immigrations Jail...  :Fuck_Knows:

well Amaz what happened?? can you share your experience to help others please that be in the same position in the future.. hope you can cheers

Haha should've reported back here sorry.

I decided to take my chances and go for a visa run on the sunday. Went to the bus station in Chiang Mai at 7am, booked a return bus to Mae Sai for roughly 700 Baht und was on my way at 8am.

When I got out of the bus I just jumped into the first songthaew with a couple other white guys assuming they were all there for the same thing and knew where to go. Got to the border and it was all super easy, you get stamped out of thailand, walk across the bridge, get stamped for Myanmar (Cost: 500 Baht or 10 USD) and walked back over the bridge and got stamped back into Thailand for 30 days. No questions asked, all done in a matter of a few minutes.

I did overhear someone talking to an immigration officer about the new rules and in what way they restrict visa runs and the officer just said that you're now only allowed to do a visa run once on your visit, not as many times as you like as it used to be.

Hope that helps!

Glad to hear everything turned out well for you!

The regulations remain the same, but the interpretation is prone to variation, so don't count on it being the same next time.

Cheers Amaz thanks for sharing .... we have stood  down the jail break :GoldenSmile1:

Yes good info thanks

Archived