IGNORED

King cobra irons

AlantheBuilder

There is a half decent golf shop at the factory outlets in Pattaya

But you  are going to pay through the nose for any golf product in Thailand

I can get the S3's for around $600-$700, id expect you will be up for well over $1000 in Thailand

ADDRESS

666 Moo 12 South Pattaya Thepprasit Road, on the corner of Sukhumvit Road.

Across from Greenway driving Range Sukumvit is a small shop with Many Full sets at a fraction of the cost of Large Golf stores....Nice Thai man that speaks decent English

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

ebay USA....3balls golf.....I recently picked up a half set (6 iron to PW) of 2011 Callaway irons for AUD$75.....postage was nearly the same .

I know this is probably not desirable for you but they usually have plenty of Cobras

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

ebay USA....3balls golf.....I recently picked up a half set (6 iron to PW) of 2011 Callaway irons for AUD$75.....postage was nearly the same .

I know this is probably not desirable for you but they usually have plenty of Cobras

Was wondering about eBay and Thailand. Most sellers are in the USA.

How about the shipping cost ? And doesn't Thailand want duty ?

Hows all that work ?

TIA

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

• 2 weeks later...

Was wondering about eBay and Thailand. Most sellers are in the USA.

How about the shipping cost ? And doesn't Thailand want duty ?

Hows all that work ?

TIA

Not sure what you mean by duty. There are no "extra costs" buying stuff from the USA and shipping to Australia. We have an excellent postal/freight system (albeit a bit slow sometimes) in Australia and usually something I buy on ebay from the US takes about 7 or 8 days.  I cannot comment on Thailand post or freight systems.

A set of golf clubs from 3-balls golf , a USA ebay seller, costs about US$70 to ship to Australia.

Not sure what you mean by duty. There are no "extra costs" buying stuff from the USA and shipping to Australia. We have an excellent postal/freight system (albeit a bit slow sometimes) in Australia and usually something I buy on ebay from the US takes about 7 or 8 days.  I cannot comment on Thailand post or freight systems.

A set of golf clubs from 3-balls golf , a USA ebay seller, costs about US$70 to ship to Australia.

I can't seem to find the email communications but when I was here in Thailand in early 2014 I tried to purchase a memory foam mattress topper from overstock.com(?)

The mattress was about $140 or so. Shipping was about $275 or so and there was another charge, which I could swear was Thai import duty for about another $250 bringing it to a total of over $600.

Obviously I said "No thanks".

As I say I can't find the email anymore but what else could that "extra" $250 or so have been except import duty ?

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

I can't seem to find the email communications but when I was here in Thailand in early 2014 I tried to purchase a memory foam mattress topper from overstock.com(?)

The mattress was about $140 or so. Shipping was about $275 or so and there was another charge, which I could swear was Thai import duty for about another $250 bringing it to a total of over $600.

Obviously I said "No thanks".

As I say I can't find the email anymore but what else could that "extra" $250 or so have been except import duty ?

yeah mate, different rules for different countries. I recently landed in Santiago (from Peru) and walking off the plane I noticed a sign saying "Australians and Mexicans This Way" Followed the signs to a booth with a serious looking dude inside. When I said I was an Aussie he asked for USD$117 EACH for me and my missus. If I was Mexican it would have only cost USD$23.....but what I'm trying to say here is it's ONLY Aussies and Mexicans who have to pay this money to stay in Chile. So, in regard to Thailand and buying stuff in, you'll probably need to do some research to find out what you're up for....and good luck with THAT.

I know there's a lobby in Australia now trying to get a GST (VAT) added to stuff bought on ebay from overseas....just our government trying to raise a bit more revenue.

There is a half decent golf shop at the factory outlets in Pattaya

But you  are going to pay through the nose for any golf product in Thailand

I can get the S3's for around $600-$700, id expect you will be up for well over $1000 in Thailand

ADDRESS

666 Moo 12 South Pattaya Thepprasit Road, on the corner of Sukhumvit Road.

I haven't been to the Outlet store in Patts recently, but was in the one in Udon Thani yesterday. They have some real bargains - Callaway X Irons 5-SW at under 10,000THB.

Archived