IGNORED

La Cerise Guest House

utd123

hi guys,

I have done a search but most of the info was from last year........

was wondering has anyone stayed here recently and could give their views on the place.........

it looks nice ....... i am just having a change of location from my usual haunt Mosaik Appartments............and i like this part of town......

http://lacerisepattaya.com/

i can get the SUPERIOR BALCONY ROOMS for 33k for the month............

Stayed there 3 times. Last time in September. Ask for Cheryl. She'll look after you. Nice rooms standard size. Good staff, 24/7 security. Website pics are honest. Street side rooms can be noisy at night. PM me if you have any questions.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I have stayed there several times (last time 4 weeks ago). It is an outstanding guest house in my view. Here are the + and -

+ Very well appointed rooms (classy furniture/comfy bed)

+ Choice of rooms, standard 850 which is nice, or luxury at 1,000THB 

+ Choice of front or back (personally i choose high floor front, but back quieter, but no view) 

+ Upmarket bathrooms

+ Spotlessly clean

+ Great customer service - Cheryl and her team are outstanding

+ In room safe

- The stairs are steep...no probs if your fit and healthy though

- No on premises food (don't do B&B, they send you next door..yuk. Try same soi Blue Heeler or Devonshire for Brekky)

I love La cerise, there are cheaper, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

One of my favourite places to stay. Haven't stayed there since last xmas but would recommend. Restaurant downstairs then with really good food.

One of my favourite places to stay. Haven't stayed there since last xmas but would recommend. Restaurant downstairs then with really good food.

Hi Mate - Cheryl has now closed the restaurant. So no meals served on the premises. Still a great place to stay. 

Hi Mate - Cheryl has now closed the restaurant. So no meals served on the premises. Still a great place to stay. 

That's a shame. They did a nice breakfast there. Maybe the rest of the menu didn't really suit the local traffic? Just goes to show how difficult it can be to operate a successful business. Hope they survive and keep the guesthouse running under same management.

FYI - I recommend checking out the Blue Heeler Bar across the Soi - good food at reasonable prices. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

That's a shame. They did a nice breakfast there. Maybe the rest of the menu didn't really suit the local traffic? Just goes to show how difficult it can be to operate a successful business. Hope they survive and keep the guesthouse running under same management.

FYI - I recommend checking out the Blue Heeler Bar across the Soi - good food at reasonable prices. 

Yes mate the quality of the food at La Cerise was top notch, but I think it struggled to find its market niche.

I went to a party night in the Blue Heeler and met the owner and the (free) food was delicious...OK that makes me a balloon chaser  :WinkGrin1:  The owner seemed a nice guy, there are no lady-drinks, it seems like an excellent sports bar, with good food. I don't know what the rooms are like, but it was fully booked when I was there last month.

Yes mate the quality of the food at La Cerise was top notch, but I think it struggled to find its market niche.

What a shame, food was excellent and good quality ingredients.

What r the rates for rooms now(since no breakfast included)?

I think I paid (high season) price last month was 950THB for luxury room and it's 850THB for standard. It costs a bit more than some guesthouses, but the rooms are to a 3star+ hotel standard.

I just called them and was quoted folowing rates (for march):

-standard room 950

-super.terrace 1100

-super.balcony 1200

So slightly cheaper than before but without breakfast.

Pity bcos the breakfast was one of the highlights imo.

Multiple Guest friendly ?

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

-standard room 950

-super.terrace 1100

-super.balcony 1200

Yes mate, they used to serve one of the best Brekkies in Patts. They will offer you B&B - hotel behind La Cerise...not good IMHO. As I say the Blue Heeler or Devonshire for brekkie.

We stayed in a Soi side room. Was EXTREMELY small. Only had access to one side of the bed.  The Balcony was nice in the evening.  Not noisy. Friendly staff. Good location.

Good old days :) 

That breakfast looks shite

Processed ham

Tinned sausage

Lettuce with fried eggs?

No wonder the restaurant shut

With all the options nearby

Processed ham

Tinned sausage

Lettuce with fried eggs?

:LOL2: I`ve looked on the website and although i agree the rooms look nice enough the breakfast looks weird,and thats putting it mildly,lettuce with baked beans on. :wacko:

Processed ham

Tinned sausage

Lettuce with fried eggs?

Thats only one of the options you could choose for breakfast.
Dont know why that lettuce is bothering you,for me its really nice decoration.

Multiple Guest friendly ?

Yup.. took 2 girls one night and nobody said a thing, both checked their IDs at the desk and up we went.

I don't know about more than 2 though.

-standard room 950

-super.terrace 1100

-super.balcony 1200

Wow.. sweet! the superior w/balcony was 1500 last year.

Since I don't eat there anyway, this is good news. Thanks mate.

• 3 months later...

Spent last week 1 night in la Cerise.Got a good price, 1000 baht for a superior balcony room,which is 400 baht lower than on my previous trip,altough without breakfast.I really like this place but its unfortunately going downhill and it was a bit sad seeing it what appears to be empty.

20150316_122409.jpg

20150316_122317.jpg

20150316_123130.jpg

20150316_122333.jpg

20150316_122354.jpg

20150316_122429.jpg

Archived