IGNORED

Cathay Pacific Was Just Named The Best Business Class Airline In The World — Here's Why

QuotaMan

http://uk.businessinsider.com/cathay-pacific-best-business-class-2014-12

Cathay Pacific Airways was just named the world's best business class airline for 2015 by AirlineRatings.com.

And no wonder. 

Each business class flight comes with incredible amenities, from noise-canceling headphones and chairs that transform into fully flat beds to on-demand movies and restaurant-quality meals. 

The Hong Kong-based airline also has great business class lounges all over the world. 

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I had never heard of airlineratings.com. I thought airlinequality.com (Skytrax) was the site most folk referred to.

I'm a BIG fan of Cathay's business class, but have heard spectacular things about Singapore (no experience with them).

While Cathay has great lounges in Hong Kong, their lounge at BKK SUCKED ASS when I was there last week!  Maybe they're doing some renovations or something, but I was shuttled into some temporary lounge that was hardly marked and had very little food options.

I'm a BIG fan of Cathay's business class, but have heard spectacular things about Singapore (no experience with them).

While Cathay has great lounges in Hong Kong, their lounge at BKK SUCKED ASS when I was there last week!  Maybe they're doing some renovations or something, but I was shuttled into some temporary lounge that was hardly marked and had very little food options.

I've done FC and BC with TG, CX, and SQ.  Here's my impression:

Ground Service - TG

Lounge Service - TG

Professionalism - SQ

In-Flight Attentiveness - CX

Overall In-flight - ...... man, this is a hard one.   Don't think I can pick one. 

CX lounge in BKK, as you said, sucked ass.  However, I am told you could use Quanta's.  I should try that next time.

When it comes right down to it, in-flight service they all run neck to neck, it's really hard to tell.

Yes, the lounge in BKK sucks. Only have cup of noodles, chips, and some terrible snacks. Lounge of TG is good in BKK but just OK in HKG.

• 3 weeks later...

I have flown with CP business many times to manila via HKG,its the only direct flight,london-HKG apart from BA, which has bad connecting flights,the lounge in manila is one of the worst in the world ,worse than BKK. on the plane, I dont like the way the seats all face the aisle with the window behind you.i would prefer another airline,but take CP to use my BA airmiles

• 3 weeks later...

im flying there business class to America.

Looking forward to it.

Archived