Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

IPStar Satellite internet

bigbadthaijohn

So I've signed up for IPStar satellite internet service from CSLoxInfo. I don't really have much choice. I got my phone number from TOT about a year and a half ago because they said that ADSL would be available in my area by the end of the month. Then they said it would be the end of the year (that's 2005) and so on and so forth. And it's still not available.

So I signed up for satellite. So I'd like to hear from y'all. Any opinions/experiences with IPStar? Bad OR good. It seems that when people use the forums, they only post if they have gripes. I don't seem to see anyone post to say that they have been fairly happy. Of course, maybe we're all a bunch of crotchety old bastards who are NEVER happy with anything... :rolleyes:

Anyway, just like to hear your thoughts.

BBJ

So I've signed up for IPStar satellite internet service from CSLoxInfo. I don't really have much choice. I got my phone number from TOT about a year and a half ago because they said that ADSL would be available in my area by the end of the month. Then they said it would be the end of the year (that's 2005) and so on and so forth. And it's still not available.

So I signed up for satellite. So I'd like to hear from y'all. Any opinions/experiences with IPStar? Bad OR good. It seems that when people use the forums, they only post if they have gripes. I don't seem to see anyone post to say that they have been fairly happy. Of course, maybe we're all a bunch of crotchety old bastards who are NEVER happy with anything... :Chokdee3:

Anyway, just like to hear your thoughts.

BBJ

You're not missing much not having TOT's shit awaful broadband service. When it works, it is pretty good and the last few days has been better than for some time APART from the fact that it crashes on a regularly basis - sometimes several times a day.

Alan

Had the service for almost a week now and I have to admit that I've been pleasantly surprised. Will keep you posted...

BBJ

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

BBJ,

what speeds you getting as a friend up by Maprachan was talking to me about getting satellite internet

• 3 weeks later...

Used them some time back, absolute s***, appalling connection speeds and signal drops most of the time and customer service you had to plead with!

Better option is mobile network connection with Hutch/CAT, or AIS (1-2-CALL) which is about as reliable as ipStar, but no need for an ugly sat dish and you can surf with your laptop anywhere, rather than sitting at home.