IGNORED

Fondue

nickatnight

along Soi Diamond, a short way in off of 2nd Road there are some ?Swiss? restaurants - have seen them advertise fondue... worth a try - and/or maybe other BMs have tried or have better ideas...

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

along Soi Diamond, a short way in off of 2nd Road there are some ?Swiss? restaurants - have seen them advertise fondue... worth a try - and/or maybe other BMs have tried or have better ideas...

I have eaten racklette (Swiss cheese with potatoes and small cucumbers in a swiss restaurant in one of the streets behind Wst. Cant remember the name anymore. I would think they serve swiss cheese fondue as well.

By co-incidence I was in Zurich last week - end with my family in tow to an old friend's 60th birthday celebration. We did not get time to eat cheese fondue so he gave me a pack of fondue cheese which I cooked myself yesterday night. I haven't eaten it for 30 years and found it absolutely delicious. My thai wife found the entire concept very alien but could observe my apparent delight.

I will seek out cheese fondue every once in a while again from now on - not usre if I can find it in shops in my home country or in Thailand. Anyone from Switzerland her who have looked arround for it?

I use to live in BKK and got a craving every few months for it. My TGF was not impressed with the cheese but LOVED the chocolate fondue after.

Hope to find a good place in Pattaya!

This is the one to go to.

http://www.swissfood.net/

Fondue page:

There's another one on the same soi other side with a similar name.

This is the one to go to.

http://www.swissfood.net/

Fondue page:

There's another one on the same soi other side with a similar name.

That's it - recommendd if you like swiss food

I use to live in BKK and got a craving every few months for it. My TGF was not impressed with the cheese but LOVED the chocolate fondue after.

Hope to find a good place in Pattaya!

Would you know where to buy the fondue cheese, alternatively whiere did you go yo eat it?

There is a place on soi 11 near Cheap Charlies but facing the street and not in the ally. Run by an old Swiss guy. Is known for dart tournaments. Hidden up some steps but have a sign.

There is also a German place on soi 4 just past the entrance to Nana entertainment complex.

The beer garden on soi 7 has it also but AWKWARD AS HELL. They bring out this burner and all the freelancers start looking at you like what the hell. LOL.

You can also buy kits in the grocery store at Terminal 21 (basement). Cheese section.

There is a place on soi 11 near Cheap Charlies but facing the street and not in the ally. Run by an old Swiss guy. Is known for dart tournaments. Hidden up some steps but have a sign.

There is also a German place on soi 4 just past the entrance to Nana entertainment complex.

The beer garden on soi 7 has it also but AWKWARD AS HELL. They bring out this burner and all the freelancers start looking at you like what the hell. LOL.

You can also buy kits in the grocery store at Terminal 21 (basement). Cheese section.

That's terrific - the SOi 4 option gives me the perfect excuse for a ST whilst picking up cheese!

Lol. The soi 4 place is open during the day also. I think it is called Hiedenburg but not sure. It has been there a long time.

A hidden gem, and much cheaper than the other swiss restaurants in Pattaya is Chalet Suisse off Central Pattaya Road.  www.chaletsuissepattaya.com

Have tried their cheese fondue beginning of this year and it was good as expected. They got also the raclette and the other types of fondues. Nice and relaxed atmosphere and fair prices.

A hidden gem, and much cheaper than the other swiss restaurants in Pattaya is Chalet Suisse off Central Pattaya Road.  www.chaletsuissepattaya.com

Have tried their cheese fondue beginning of this year and it was good as expected. They got also the raclette and the other types of fondues. Nice and relaxed atmosphere and fair prices.

Keep 'em coming! :GoldenSmile1:  I foundd swiss fondue cheese for home consumption in my local supermarket today.!

Archived