IGNORED

how to compare phone tarifs in Thailand

bargepole

hi All,

Now here's a silly question!  Does anyone know of a site that compares mobile phone tariffs for the three major companies in Thailand.  A simple table showing what you pay and what you get for voice, sms, and data, for both pre and post pay sims.

I go into AIS, DTAC and Truemove sites and can't even find a table for their own tarrifs.

Conversely any advice would be good.  I use mainly calls, a few sms, and I have only just got line, but can see myself using that more in the future.  I already have an internet dongle from true, but it might make sense to ditch that and tether my laptop from the phone (ie to include a larger data allowance on the phone).

Thanks for any help

David

The Thai phone companies have more promotions than a millipede has legs.

I am sure that you will get many opinions here.

I know a Thai girl, who maintain 3 numbers to maximize value.

AIS: Day to day calling and SMS

True: International calls (1 baht US/CAN (All) and EU (Landlines))

DTAC: Internet.

hi All,

Now here's a silly question!  Does anyone know of a site that compares mobile phone tariffs for the three major companies in Thailand.  A simple table showing what you pay and what you get for voice, sms, and data, for both pre and post pay sims.

I go into AIS, DTAC and Truemove sites and can't even find a table for their own tarrifs.

Conversely any advice would be good.  I use mainly calls, a few sms, and I have only just got line, but can see myself using that more in the future.  I already have an internet dongle from true, but it might make sense to ditch that and tether my laptop from the phone (ie to include a larger data allowance on the phone).

Thanks for any help

David

DTAC and AIS have plans/promotions that are usable, but none that combine voice + sms + data

I don't use SMS anymore, just receiving.

So my plan is Voice + Data (unlimited data at slow speed for 199 baht is enough for me)

There are several packages that are good value, depends on your volumes and if you are on postpaid or prepaid.

http://thaiprepaidcard.com/ussd-keypress-codes/#.UQ-a43dWrMX

This link was posted by a helpful person on this site a while ago.

Looks fairly upto date, but cannot vouch for it being completely accurate.

I have that information (and more) available on my site in an easy to read side-by-side setup.

Mobile Phones & SIM Cards in Thailand

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me the current state of the 4G rollout in Pattaya? Which carriers and what bands (frequencies) are they using?

You can never take back ......
  • A moment after it's missed
  • A word after it's said
  • Time after it's been wasted

• 4 months later...

I have that information (and more) available on my site in an easy to read side-by-side setup.

Mobile Phones & SIM Cards in Thailand

Thanks thats helpful. I just to make calls to my buddie when he goes missing and no doubt to my wives and hopeful to use sat nav

Never say never

Archived