Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Three Wheel Scooter

HarryL47

I am retired and planning a move to Pattaya in early 2015.  Instead of buying a normal scooter, I am exploring the possibility of purchasing a "three wheel scooter".  My question is are these type of Scooters sold in Pattaya?  

If they are sold, are they a practical mode of transportation for short local trips?  Below are some samples of the different styles.

http://www.extrememotorsales.com/motorcycle-scooter-trikes.htm

Thanks

Harry

Not sure about any of the stuff in your link - the Yamaha Tricity is available throughout Thailand though.  Around THB 80k+.

tricitybw02.jpg

Yes, there are some here.

Most are motobikes that have been modified.

There is a really good motorbike modification place on Soi Boukoew (my spelling might not be correct, the street running parallel between 2nd road and 3rd road) - Rudy's place: from 2nd road, go up soi Diana, turn right at the T junction and it is on your right.

If Rudy does not do it, he is sure to know where to do it. Rudy speaks English and other languages.

I've seen a couple of those T-Rod motorcycles where its two wheels at the front & one at the rear...so i'm assuming you can buy a trike of some type.    

This is such a coincidence, early today I was walking along Soi Buakhao and one of these things was trying to zigzag through traffic, it did not look at all stable, the front 2 wheels really don't make rapid turning safe as it was wobbling.

Looks nice though but perhaps it was just a poorly modified bike as it did look much like the photo above. 

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Few time past  I saw on Jomtien immigration the opposite from this yammaha bike ,..... a Honda PCX  tansformed to a trike bike  with two very  big large tyres on the backside , looked impressive ...and stable

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Not sure why you want a three wheeler but the Yamaha Tricitys look very unstable. I've seen them wobbling all over the place on a straight road and recently saw a TG nearly falling lowside at a slow corner with a foreigner on the back. I honestly can't see the point of a Tricity, they have all the disadvantages of a car and bike combined then a few more as well. They are wide, heavy, slow, unstable and expensive. It you are after a more conventional trike this guy appears to be turning out some ok conversions. https://www.facebook.com/ozimoto

I actually spoke to a guy in soi buakaow yesterday who has had one for a couple of months, the Yamaha. he loved it, said it cornered just like his previous scooter but was more stable around town and at slow speeds.

The Tricity is not stable as a 3 wheeler it will fall over if your feet aren't on the ground. I liked the look of them and tried one but was not impressed. It was heavy and didn't seem to have any advantages over the normal SX, which is 30k cheaper. If you want a real 3 wheeler you will have to get one of the conversions mentioned above.

I would want one of these, get to cruse around like Floyd's kid. 

There are gated communities where these are every where. Makes sense, small good on fuel even some electric & solar ones.

90f50331c2fe36876b66f1d0460f98a5.jpg hummer-golf-cart.jpg

WHEN IN THAILAND NEVER TRUST YOUR FARTS. :68: 

IT MAY BE A SQUIRT NOT JUST A FART. :SoWhat1: 

esSY2m9.gif

My Facebook.

I like to play Jenga on the first date. So she knows my pull out game is strong  :LMFAO: 

For BMs who want a cut-price 3 wheeler, try one of these  :GoldenSmile1:

The Salaeng is to be found all over LoS.

salaeng.jpg

For BMs who want a cut-price 3 wheeler, try one of these  :GoldenSmile1:

The Salaeng is to be found all over LoS.

it would be wayKEWL to get one of those and customize the shit outa it and cruise in style that way... not a side car, but a good utility type area where you can cart bags, dogs, etc - and have a real nice padded seat for passengers... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

it would be wayKEWL to get one of those and customize the shit outa it and cruise in style that way... not a side car, but a good utility type area where you can cart bags, dogs, etc - and have a real nice padded seat for passengers... 

....something like this?

samlaw.png

• 1 year later...

I live up country and there are lots of three wheel motorbikes called Champ, they seem

to come in both red and blue colours. the back looks like a sort of trailer.

I have never seen any for sale here. I think they may be Chinese.

I am retired and planning a move to Pattaya in early 2015.  Instead of buying a normal scooter, I am exploring the possibility of purchasing a "three wheel scooter".  My question is are these type of scooters sold in Pattaya?  

If they are sold, are they a practical mode of transportation for short local trips?  Below are some samples of the different styles.

http://www.extrememotorsales.com/motorcycle-scooter-trikes.htm

Thanks

Harry

Look for a golf cart or a tuk-tuk.

They have these in Udon Thani. Some of them are really tricked out.

IMG_0803.jpg

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

There must be a Market need in Pattaya for some of these, eh?

Fogey Mobile.jpg

Archived