Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Who do you fly with and cost?

Guest Qwert06

EVA were the cheapest but now China Airlines seems to have the edge.

I used Orbitz to work out the route and flight numbers and then booked directly with EVA. I also got my flight from Ft Lauderdale to LAX separately and saved several hundred dollars.

Don't trust the automatic planning by Orbitz or any of the search engines.

Do it yourself.

It takes some work and it is often good to use the actual websites of the airlines once you have identified which you want to use via Orbitz.

You can also find deals if you are flexible. EVA is good for that. An example of planning separately was me plotting a trip to Ukraine in Sept 05.

Ft Lauderdale to JFK via Delta (then Song)

Aerosvit JFK to Kiev

Aerosvit Kiev to Odessa. Car to Kherson 4.5 hours Damn!

(who the hell are Aerosvit I hear you cry) :rolleyes: research, research, research.

The flight from JFK to BKK direct via Thai Airlines is expensive about 17 hours - It is the fastest way though. Same same from LAX.

I am planning a split vacation between Pattaya and Angeles City. At the moment it is cheaper to fly to Manila than BKK. So I shall go to Manila for a week, then use Air Asia for a return to BKK (via KL) 2 weeks in Pattaya - roughly $100. Finally return to AC for another week before returning from Manila.

If you check Fly China you will find the airfares much more expensive internally within SEA. It is always cheaper to buy there I think in a travel agent. I had the same experience in Guatemala. The fare back to Miami was about 1/3 what it was to buy from the USA.

Cheapest route to San Jose, Costa Rica right now is Spirit Air out of Ft Lauderdale. Like a bloody bus service for $200 RT. hotel Nuevo Johnson $20 a night. Free roaches.

Edited by izifaddag

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• izifaddag

• n0n4m3

• gizmo

• firemedicrrr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This whole thing with Virgin's upgraded economy looks promising. Soon as I have some extra money I will fly that one to England.

going for second time this year :D

i went pattaya in june, got back and booked ticket through travel agent for december, xmas and new year

paid 100£ deposit in june, and have to pay 740£ till 30 october, total 840£ Thai airways.

in june i paid about 500£ for thai airways in advance

so i think they give me good deal for new year and xmas

i paid only 100£ in june and it was booked for me, so after few months i had to pay 740£ whitch is 200£ more then i pain for low seson in june, so i think it was good deal, and gives me more time o save money for it :LMAO1:

what u reckon good deal ?

is it xmas time good fun in thai ? :LMAO1:

cheers

ps.

travel agent i use : http://www.silverbird.co.uk

in UK

www.Pattaya-Thai.com - Pattaya, Thailand News and Social Network.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

China air is cheapest for me. Eva starts with lower fare, but has more extra costs. One stop, one hour

in TPE. I can take train to LAX and I travel light. this time I paid 859$. prices were going up nearer

my departure date. And then just dropped to 790$ yesterday. I do not understand this airline, but if it gives

me more ST and BF cash then I am All for it.

I fly from Glasgow with Emirates to BKK. I'm on there sky awards system too which is handy. My flight cost's about £550 no matter what time of year i fly (always an open return) i have a 2 and a half stop in Dubai. I book it through a company that only does phone booking and i have never found it any cheaper than the company i use.. .......

I would put the name up but i aint sure what admins rules are on this.

So how much do you pay and who do you fly with?

EVA Air

$1100

Economy Deluxe (big whoopin seat)

Take a Xanex and wake up in Tapei. Almost home.

thay cheaper but not direct flights :DeadHorse2:

best thai airways :LMAO1:

there was some reports on some flights, like late second plane in ghoa, inda, so u get to thailand day late, sometimes risky :LMAO1:

and lost baggage reports :LMFO:

but i guess most time its ok :LMFO:

www.Pattaya-Thai.com - Pattaya, Thailand News and Social Network.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Im Flying from Manchester (Etihad airways) to bkk 1 hr stop over in doha then on to bkk cost £469 through some travel company i googled oh i booked 2 months in advance

ps should be there next tuesday first visit to LOS and cant wait................the joys.

i fly belfast-heathrow-bangkok

always use bmi and thaiairways.

usually ends up around £550 all in.

i fly belfast-heathrow-bangkok

always use bmi and thaiairways.

usually ends up around £550 all in.

swap belfast with glasgow and thai with eva and same same :Raspberry6:

flyin out 25 jan 3 weeks eva £489 bmi £66

can get eva cheaper during the lower seasons.

Pattaya september 17th bring it on

swap belfast with glasgow and thai with eva and same same :P

flyin out 25 jan 3 weeks eva £489 bmi £66

can get eva cheaper during the lower seasons.

i'd like to fly with eva (because i've been told everyone has their own tv) but even a slight delay would mean missing connecting flight to belfast. i simply couldn't be arsed spending a night in london before flying home.

i'm flying out 24nov for 11nights. thai £469 bmi £88.

EVA were the cheapest but now China Airlines seems to have the edge.

I used Orbitz to work out the route and flight numbers and then booked directly with EVA. I also got my flight from Ft Lauderdale to LAX separately and saved several hundred dollars.

Don't trust the automatic planning by Orbitz or any of the search engines.

Do it yourself.

It takes some work and it is often good to use the actual websites of the airlines once you have identified which you want to use via Orbitz.

You can also find deals if you are flexible. EVA is good for that. An example of planning separately was me plotting a trip to Ukraine in Sept 05.

Ft Lauderdale to JFK via Delta (then Song)

Aerosvit JFK to Kiev

Aerosvit Kiev to Odessa. Car to Kherson 4.5 hours Damn!

(who the hell are Aerosvit I hear you cry) :P research, research, research.

The flight from JFK to BKK direct via Thai Airlines is expensive about 17 hours - It is the fastest way though. Same same from LAX.

I am planning a split vacation between Pattaya and Angeles City. At the moment it is cheaper to fly to Manila than BKK. So I shall go to Manila for a week, then use Air Asia for a return to BKK (via KL) 2 weeks in Pattaya - roughly $100. Finally return to AC for another week before returning from Manila.

If you check Fly China you will find the airfares much more expensive internally within SEA. It is always cheaper to buy there I think in a travel agent. I had the same experience in Guatemala. The fare back to Miami was about 1/3 what it was to buy from the USA.

Cheapest route to San Jose, Costa Rica right now is Spirit Air out of Ft Lauderdale. Like a bloody bus service for $200 RT. Hotel Nuevo Johnson $20 a night. Free roaches.

when i fly from Los Angeles, it takes me 17 hours. from NYC, its about 22. that's a LONG damn time.

Brilliant mate. ultra friendly trolly dollys. Good food, good selection of films etc. Them and Emirates and virgin are by FAR the best airlines. Singapore are owned by Branson aswell.

Singapore Airlines own 44% of Virgin, not the other way around :P

They also took delivery of their first A380 yesterday but, i don't think i'll be travelling on it for some time yet as they will not be using it for Singapore-Bangkok sectors :(

The past few years I have been loyal to Thai. Previous to this I would use any of the airlines who fly LHR to BKK direct; BA, Quantas, Eva and Gulf (who no longer fly direct I believe). I always fly direct now after a crazy day and night in Bangladesh that wasn't worth the 3000 Baht I saved.

In the past two years I have paid various fares ranging from 370 to 780 UK on Thai. My loyalty to them is about to pay off as next week I will fly to Thailand and the Philippines free of charge (if you exclude government taxes) First Class courtesy of Thai's frequent flyer scheme.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I flew into Thailand Sep 21st on Northwest Airlines from PDX (Portland, Oregon, USA) and returned Oct 10th and it cost me 1200 round trip.

PDX to NRT to BKK

BKK to NRT to PDX

Lou

I looked on travelocity, and boy-howdy it's expensive to go to LOS right now, nearly 1,000 S'es for the flight. Am I doing it wrong? Making my travel dates too far apart? Using the wrong service? Is there a cheaper way I can get there? Boat?! Or could it be San Fransico International sucks, and LAX is the bee's knees instead?

Edited by Shanks

I looked on travelocity, and boy-howdy it's expensive to go to LOS right now, nearly 1,000 S'es for the flight. Am I doing it wrong? Making my travel dates too far apart? Using the wrong service? Is there a cheaper way I can get there? Boat?! Or could it be San Fransico International sucks, and LAX is the bee's knees instead?

i would never use orbitz, travelocity, expedia to book a flight, especially within a 2 week window. in my experience, ive noticed they give good hotel/flight combos, but if youre not doing that forget it.

id always call the airlines you are trying with. much better prices when you call.

i would never use orbitz, travelocity, expedia to book a flight, especially within a 2 week window. in my experience, ive noticed they give good hotel/flight combos, but if youre not doing that forget it.

id always call the airlines you are trying with. much better prices when you call.

Really? Thanks for the huge tip. Because frankly, I don't plan on staying in any of the hotels they suggest.

• 3 weeks later...

10-10-07 I paid 1500.00 dollars for Business on united. I got lucky using my company travel service. One bad thing about united you leave LAX in the afternoon and land about 11:30pm. Stop over isnt to bad about 2 hours plenty of time go to duty free and get some snacks

Qatar, used them about 4 times from Manchester. Always a quick transfer and their Qmiles scheme is top for a lucky upgrade or two. Normally fly from Manchester via Doha and the cost is always around £500. I have just looked for a quote around Easter though and the prices coming back aren't looking good .....

Qatar, used them about 4 times from Manchester. Always a quick transfer and their Qmiles scheme is top for a lucky upgrade or two. Normally fly from Manchester via Doha and the cost is always around £500. I have just looked for a quote around Easter though and the prices coming back aren't looking good .....

I am also using them from Manchester for the first time and I have to say I wished I had never bothered...

Hopefully you will never need to change your flights, they cutely change the ticket type AFTER you have booked online and then charge a rip off price to change your flights, when I asked they quoted me just over 100.00 making it 200.00+ if you need to change both outbound and inbound..

We are locked into the two trips booked the one for the 6th Dec and the one for March 16th after these I will never use them again, I truly hate being ripped off...

And for completeness I phoned the Manchester Office told them we need to change flights quite often any issues and can it be easily done, no problems sir we charge 35.00 (same as Emirates and Etihad) When it came to actually making a change its gone up almost 300% add in no air bridges at Doha so if its raining as it often does in December its a wobble down the steps and a wait to get on a bus and yippe your sat in wet clothes for the second leg of almost 7 hours...

Perhaps its also worth a mention you have to pass through airport security again, some have reported you can Q for quite sometime to get into the terminal....

I have been in contact with customer services, my friend who is travelling with me is quite badly disabled, no mention of the lack of air bridges when booking and of even more concern we made a point of contacting them to say that disabled passenger was travelling and they had made NO note of this on the computer...

So we are destined to start our trip from a very negative low point...

However once we land in Bangkok the journey is forgotten in a instant and joys and delights of Pattaya are once again within touching distance and finally I can start the 7 week trip of celibacy and no beer can in earnest...

The poor diet of two bowls of rice a day bought with the money begged off the rich affullent BM's who seem to think a 1/2000 baht bar fine is reasonable for a "good looker" Perhaps they could think of what my old dad used to say "god bless him" 78 years old on his last trip and never paid a BF in over 30 years. he always said when eying the ladies up, you never look at the mantlepiece when poking the fire, all you want a nice tight fit and if you don't like the look of her face then you always close your eyes...

Perhaps some are making a rod for others to beaten up with by paying any bar fine over 300 bahts, my attitude over the many years is I will always take good care of the girl but I will never support a greedy bar owner who is exploiting the girls, there are some really well run bars, maybe worth the effort to seek them out and do as I do walk past the Go Go bars and spend your money where I am made welcome by the girls the mamasan and the owner if present...

As I was saying the diet which may well improve as BM's will now be saving a fortune in BF's if they say yep no BF over 300B this trip, coupled with the hot climate will reduce the waistline by several inches, the painful piles will shrink away to nothing and once again my farts will have a nice double bass sound nice and deep to them and not an high C due to air being forced out through a narrow opening caused by merging piles....And best of all due my celibacy the scabs on the end of my little willy entirely due to rampant nights of bareback sex with the girls of the Chelsea Set who BTW I have always found to be, are less well mannered than any bar girl in Pattaya and certainly cost more, will dry off and drop off when swimming in pristine seas off the beach near where all brown stuff comes floating out of the water enhancement pipe as City Hall once described it, many will know precisely of where I am talking about and they will know it's by far the best place to swim in Pattaya I always direct our friends from ???? there...

Speaking of my little willy any BM's ever got a discount for oral sex on account that the girl doesn't have travel up and down has much as those who are well endowed, thus having less jaw ache and muscle fatigue, got to be worth a discount when you think about it, as they will be more productive any to do more "jobs per hour" due to the energy saved, anyone suggest a good starting point to ask for a discount would say 20% be a good starting point or perhaps more...

I ramble on time to retire and iron my long johns ready for packing...

you sound like the travel company are ripping you off,as for qatar they for me are one one the best airlines i have ever travel with,they are even rated as a 5 star airline by skystax which do independent passenger surveys,but it does sound like your getting ripped off by someone,just think of all them little brown girls waiting for you,that will make you feel lots better,

EVA...2nd cheapest from LAX to BKK (China Air less expensive)

with a good fleet, acceptable food and attentive flight attendants...

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

• 2 weeks later...
EVA...2nd cheapest from LAX to BKK (China Air less expensive)

with a good fleet, acceptable food and attentive flight attendants...

So you buy directly from the EVA website or through an agency like Orbitz?

513 pounds from hamburg to bkk return , flying with emirates 4hr stopover in dubai ,booked through ebookers , emirates are a great airline great entertainment package with tellys built into every seat and loads of booze , both of which are very important over a long journey .

other booking options , traveljungle.com , expedia.com , opodo.com . i always find it cheaper through the internet than direct from the airline as the internet booking agents buy up blocks of seats at cheap prices 6 months before the flight date and of course it is almost always cheaper than a high street travel agent , if you dont find anything with those addresses then surf the web a little

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany