Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Who do you fly with and cost?

Guest Qwert06

I used to take etihad for about £380 return this january but they are quoting fucking mental prices for may/june so iv booked direct with thai airways for £585. I could have got it for 425 if I was staying a month or less but with this price now I can change my return date with no penalty. Etihaad had only 1hr stop in abu dhabi and the best in flight entertainment and big seats..

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• izifaddag

• n0n4m3

• gizmo

• firemedicrrr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just booked my may flight with china airlines. 22.5 hrs from san diego to bkk for 793.14 economy. could shave 2 hrs by driving to los angeles but the ticket would only be 40 dollars cheaper- the gas would cost that much. usually fly emirates from dubai business class for 1260. but as i am not in the middle east got to go from the west coast.

p.s. found a cheaper ticket by 70 dollars but would have to leave bkk at 0600 instead of 1705.

28278.png

flying LHR/BKK direct with EVA may 11th for £473, cheapest direct flight I could find. 50-60 more than last year but if your looking for a bargain lastminute.com has royal jordanian for £373 with stop in amman, 8 hour layover on return.

just booked my may flight with china airlines. 22.5 hrs from san diego to bkk for 793.14 economy. could shave 2 hrs by driving to los angeles but the ticket would only be 40 dollars cheaper- the gas would cost that much. usually fly emirates from dubai business class for 1260. but as i am not in the middle east got to go from the west coast.

p.s. found a cheaper ticket by 70 dollars but would have to leave bkk at 0600 instead of 1705.

That's about an six and a half hour lay over. I wouldn't take that routing to save money.

i could have got a 18 hr flight for about 500 less and i would have to leave from los angeles. i am used to getting the short end of the stick so i will deal with the time and spend the 500 in patts. i am trying to do a cheaper trip this time anyway.

28278.png

i could have got a 18 hr flight for about 500 less and i would have to leave from los angeles. i am used to getting the short end of the stick so i will deal with the time and spend the 500 in patts. i am trying to do a cheaper trip this time anyway.

I guess I'm just spoiled by the good routings out of SFO. Last two times I flew through Taiwan by the time I got to the gate the plane was about to start boarding.

you sir have the luck of the irish. everytime i fly trans continental i am usually in the air for 20-26 hrs. the only exception was houston to gatwick, i think that one was only 9.5 or so.

28278.png

you sir have the luck of the irish. everytime i fly trans continental i am usually in the air for 20-26 hrs. the only exception was houston to gatwick, i think that one was only 9.5 or so.

I guess I am lucky, when I went to London I took BA direct from SFO and it was only an eight hour flight.

I used to take JAL out of LAX because I was getting a courior rate but that was when I was short of money, now I'm always short of time.

Edited by BassGod

I fly the #1 airline flying to Pattaya and as always, First Class. Flight Attendants are available for ST but only when they are not providing food and drinks.

39932-9099.jpg

Edited by SinJin

Posted Image

Düsseldorf - Bkk non stop with LTU for € 580 all incl.

Though i live in Holland, Düsseldorf (Germany) is the closest airport to my home-address which have flights that fly non-stop to LOS.

It's only a 1 hour drive for me to Düsseldorf as it would be a 2 hour drive to Amsterdam.

Where else could you find a non stop flight for that money. :Dance:

Thai Airways - bought in advance 448£, direct flight! best airlines :P

www.Pattaya-Thai.com - Pattaya, Thailand News and Social Network.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• 1 month later...

Always combine some business in my trip so go via Singapore for couple of days. Brisbane/Singapaore/bkk/Singapore/Brisbane on Singapore Airlines,usually costs about 30,000bht.

Always combine some business in my trip so go via Singapore for couple of days. Brisbane/Singapaore/bkk/Singapore/Brisbane on Singapore Airlines,usually costs about 30,000bht.

hi ,my first post seventh trip but lowest ever flight £370 manchester / bangkok with qatar airlines june 5th 28 days .

Qatar & Eithiad for price.

EVA & Singapore Air for quality. :D

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

I checked for weeks and weeks for late June departure. Thai out of JFK was almost 1700 PLUS getting there from North Carolina. I ended up booking through Best Travel Store on line with American Airlines, my favorite since my ex works for them and I used to fly free or damn cheap.....and sadly now I pay for a full ticket. But now I get miles and don't have to jocky flights to make sure I get on the plane!! Paid just under 1500 RT including all taxes from North Carolina and going through Narita and switching to JAL to BKK. I have all my miles on AA and JAL so it makes sense for me to fly them BUT, if I could get it cheap enough on Thai out of JFK it would be a dream. I don't know of some of the prices quoted on Thai out of JFK include taxes or not. Prices have risen a lot lately and will go up higher I am afraid.

The worst part about it is it takes about 27 friggin hours to get to BKK and I arrive about 11:30pm. But luckily, my GF is there no matter what time I get there, has a car and we just zip out after I clear immigration, get to the room and fuck our brains out!!!

Yes, you can fly pretty cheap out of LAX or the west coast of USA, but you then have to factor in the price of getting to LAX or SFO or SJO. If you can find a real cheap discounted fare from east to west coast, you are in. And the only problem I have found with EVA is they don't fly 7 days a week out of the USA. So you have to be able to move your dates around to get out on them.

Booked with EVA Round trip from Bangkok-Phoenix,AZ - Elite/Evergreen Deluxe Class and the best price I have found from a travel agent so far is 53,000 THB up from 42,000 THB for last year's trip. From Thailand you cannot book direct to PHX from the EVA website as you can do on the US side. Strange but that is the way it works so you need to book your flight and then shop around for a price.

The advantage of booking direct from BKK-PHX is the luggage is routed all the way and that saves hauling it from Tom Bradley Terminal to Terminal one and checking in again.

If I rent a car in LAX and drive to Phoenix I will save about $170 for the air fare and also get around the excess baggage fees with US Airways.

EVA allows me three bags @ 70 Lbs and US Airways allows two bags @ 50 LBS. That is not an issue going to PHX but I always stock up for the return trip.

Surprisingly the same rental car if picked up in Phoenix is almost $400 more than picking it up in Los Angeles. I have to decide about it though, my trip is in Nov 2007.

LAX to BKK 1,300 USD direct flight Thai airways 8/4/07-8/20/09

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill

I have been to Thailand twice this year on United Airlines. This last trip I was in BKK for a month and paid $840 USD roundtrip, I thought that was an awesome rate for te time of year. I had to chnge planes twice though I went from Dallas, TX to San Francisco, CA to Narita, Japan to Bangkok, Thailand. I alsways use sites like cheaptickets, expedia, tralelocity, etc. I alwaysshop around and in my 4 trips I have never paid over $1,000 USD and that includes taxes and everything. I have talked to people that have been on my flights that paid nearly double what i did, shop around guys there are some great deals out there :D

P.S. I hope you enjoy the random photo, you can barely see me with all the ladies ontop of me, this is in one of my Bangkok hangouts

BKK_JIM.jpg

Jim

• 4 months later...
I'll be flying from Birmingham and using Emirates.

Getting quotes of £528 right now.........stopping in Dubai. Never done a stop over before, so a little nervous about it.

Dumb question:

When changing planes, waiting in departure lounge in Dubai.........I assume the luggage for Bangkok is loaded automatically? I do not need to get luggage from belt and check it in again? Is this correct?

Internationally you don't have to collect baggage but you do domestically in the USA. It is a pain in the arse although usually well organized. At LAX it involves grabbing your luggage from a conveyor belt after immigration and moving it to another belt. You will get warned though it is pretty obvious what is going on.

Edited by izifaddag

I heard Singapore Airlines is the best, but you have to dig deep in to your pockets to fly w/ them!

Probably the two best airlines I have ever flown was Malaysian Air and Singapore Air. Also, in both cases, any layover time in either KL (Kuala Lumpur) or Singapore is a pleasure. The airports are really nice. Taipei sucks and bring a sweater if you are there for any length of time - it is frigging freezing. I ended up spending a small fortune on a sweatshirt in an Adidas store there because I was in fear of frostbite!

I use Southall Travel everytime and like flying with Etihad. Its only about 45 mins stopover and even the economy seats seem bigger than the ones on thai airways. Also really good in flight entertainment with your own tv, video games, etc. Good service too. Thai direct is okay though coming in at alot more money and no inflight personal entertainment. Flew with Royal Jordanian first time-big mistake, absolutely shittiest airline Ive ever flown with anywhere..

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Just got a great deal through www.westeasttravel.com, here in London. Non stop on EVA for £465 saved £200 as I'm a regular customer of the travel agent, they spoke to EVA to get me their midweek deal.

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."