Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Who do you fly with and cost?

Guest Qwert06

Guest Qwert06

I fly from Glasgow with Emirates to BKK. I'm on there sky awards system too which is handy. My flight cost's about £550 no matter what time of year i fly (always an open return) i have a 2 and a half stop in Dubai. I book it through a company that only does phone booking and i have never found it any cheaper than the company i use.. .......

I would put the name up but i aint sure what admins rules are on this.

So how much do you pay and who do you fly with?

Edited by Qwert06

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• izifaddag

• n0n4m3

• gizmo

• firemedicrrr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EVA. 2nd cheapest in cost behind China Airlines out of LAX. I usually fly coach and try to get a 777-300 ER

when possible. If I upgrade it's always to Deluxe on a 747-700. Economy is pretty darn good on the 777 and

Elite has not received many favorable reviews from what I've read. After my flight this spring I will be upgraded

to Gold Member frequent flier status. I hope it makes a difference.

Edited by The Mook

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

My first trip longhaul,and yes I booked the package!

Flight's and hotel's 1640 euro! But then I'm a newbie

it wont hapen again! [i promise guy's] Gizmo.

If she aint got a dick,she's just a chick

CountdownClockCodes.com

I use EVA air also but depart from Newark NJ. because of airmiles

i've accumulated i'm going to stick with them for now.

The airfares have been going up dramatically over the past 2 years

and this is starting to kill my budget. inflationary times are here.

They now quote on their website prices including fuel surcharges

which they never did before.

When adding in the taxes on top of that, the airfare is about $1140 USD

for a ticket in November 07.

Last summer after the London terrorist attacks the airfare was $940USD

total price to fly in Nov 06.These are economy seats i'm talking about.

I take 2 trips a year to SEA and with 2 more I get a free ticket, will probably

have to reduce my frequency of trips after this if inflation continues on this

course. Also I will then open myself up to another airline if it's a better deal.

My first trip longhaul,and yes I booked the package!

Flight's and hotel's 1640 euro! But then I'm a newbie

it wont hapen again! [i promise guy's] Gizmo.

Well you said Promise ok your in :Crossfingers:

I'll be flying from Birmingham and using Emirates.

Getting quotes of £528 right now.........stopping in Dubai. Never done a stop over before, so a little nervous about it.

Dumb question:

When changing planes, waiting in departure lounge in Dubai.........I assume the luggage for Bangkok is loaded automatically? I do not need to get luggage from belt and check it in again? Is this correct?

Edited by ben99

Guest Qwert06
Dumb question:

When changing planes, waiting in departure lounge.........I assume the luggage for Bangkok is loaded automatically? I do not need to get luggage from belt and check it in again? Is this correct?

CORRECT. You have nothing to worry about. I have flown a million times due to work and play and emirates are the best going.

I suggest you join Emirates Sky awards. it's free and has some great perks including usage of their lounge and free up grades etc http://www.emirates.com/uk/#

Don't worry about the flight mate i have done it many times and Dubai is an easy airport to use.

Can anyone tell me?

Probably a dumb question, but what's

singapore airline's like?

Are they ok? I told you I'm a total newbie!

Gizmo.

If she aint got a dick,she's just a chick

CountdownClockCodes.com

Guest Qwert06
Can anyone tell me?

Gizmo.

Brilliant mate. ultra friendly trolly dollys. Good food, good selection of films etc. Them and Emirates and virgin are by FAR the best airlines. Singapore are owned by Branson aswell.

Guest Qwert06
Thai air from JFK $1081.00 for economy class non stop

How long does that take and which way round the world do you go?

Can anyone tell me?

Gizmo.

Singapore Airlines would be my pick of Airlines, I use to fly Qantas being an Oz airline but the the last 5 years have been with SIA.

For my July trip Jetstar was about 150 dollars cheaper but stilled booked my flight with Singapore Airlines

I have an hour and a half wait in Singapore airport each time but this gives me time to go upsatirs and have a feed of chicken rice at the food court

How long does that take and which way round the world do you go?

17 1/2 hours and it goes right over the top of the world ...

Thailand Land of Smiles

Brilliant mate. ultra friendly trolly dollys. Good food, good selection of films etc. Them and Emirates and virgin are by FAR the best airlines. Singapore are owned by Branson aswell.

I believe you have it reversed... Singapore Air owns 49% of Virgin Atlantic...

San Francisco Cocksucka !!!

"Hey, you ever hear, Tom, the Chinese whore has a ancient way of milking ya of yer sorrow, your loneliness and that awful feeling of bein’ forsaken?"

"Seems to me that’d leave you with nothing."

I've been using www.angeltravel.com when I can not find good tickets. However, we just flew Chiang Mai to LAX round trip and back to Chiang Mai for 78,000 baht for 2 tickets...I believe this was the price. We flew China Air. In August, we flew United to the USA for 112,000 baht to visit my folks and see Disney World in Orlando. We did receive an operational upgrade to Business class from BKK to NRT for free. Over the years I've been a 1k with united and flown both Business and First Class from the US or Bangkok (rt) for free. I've flown almost every partner of star alliance. I think ANA via New York to BKK in their first class new cabin is the absolute best way to fly to knockers.

I'm a United Fan with there perks it's hard not to fly with them. I pay somewhere from $700.00 to $1,600.00 per rt ticket. I also like China air as they fly from my home in Chiang Mai to Taipae then connect to LAX for a very low fare we found tickets with our travel company for around 38000 baht with little notice. We had to fly to the states for a funeral last minute.

I fly Thai as much as I can, All my flights are payed for by my company so I don't know the cost.

Free flights is a bonus of living in Thailand and working all over the world.

:Question:

I have made three trip over the past two year to Thailand and I fly Cathay Pacific Airlines. I like the airlines and the stop over in Hong Kong as I sometimes make a stay there to see friends and explore Hong Kong and the out laying areas, like Macau or visit Mainland China cities. I usually try to wait for a Cathay Pacific e-mail deal and I have paid about $700 to $850 for my flights to Bangkok. But I am always on the lookout for deals to Thailand and Hong Kong from the San Francisco area.

Owl

Thai air from JFK $1081.00 for economy class non stop

Love the Thai Air from JFK. May have to change tho if they really do add a stop somewhere. Depends on the new arrival time.

Flying China Air in May tho just because I'm meeting a friend and using some FF miles to get to the west coast.

I need a woman who loves me for my money but doesn't understand math too well

wanker_racing_banner22.jpg

Flown with quite a few now. Prefer the direct ones from Heathrow but not always the cheapest option. IMO the food on Thai is the best and the entertainment on Eva is the best.

I have flown EVA, United and Thai Aiways I usually go premium economy

have flown both Qatar and Etihad from Manchester, most i have paid is £490 for this novembers trip,

Both are very good.

I pay about a grand sterling maybe a bit more. China Airlines biz class out of Amsterdam and non stop to Bangkok. Price also includes my flight from Norwich to Amsterdam.

Although that price is about £200 more than it was two years ago, I think it's the cheapest biz class fare around right now.

Baby-1.gif