IGNORED

Baht Bus?

jhave67

This may be a stupid question, but how do you tell the difference between the baht busses that take a right at the end of Second Road, and the ones that take the left and circle around to Beach Road??? In my dozen or so trips to Pattaya, it seems about 80% of the time I'm on the ones that take a right when I'm wanting to head back to Beach Road. End up getting off the first one, walking back to the corner, and getting on another one.

I'm not sure there is a way to tell. If there is then it would seem that a lot of Thais do not know it either as I see many of them scrambling to get off when it doesn't turn the way they want. No big deal really, it just costs you a few minutes and a few more baht. BTW I think your luck is bad 80% of the time the one I'm on goes back down beach road. :Birthday_Cake:

You ask the driver before you get on. Just say beach road or if you want Big C and he will shake his head yes or no.

Wheelz

Or he'll charge you 100 baht when you get there because you just made a private hire. Or they shake their head yes and have no fucking clue what you said and turn the wrong way anyway.

word of advice=

better to not talk to driver if you are farang. he will just rip u off, take your losses and go. If you talk to driver, after the ride he will charge u more. Just give him his measly 10- 20 baht.. and go.

If you ask b-4 you board he will usually say a higher price than asked. For example if u say "how much to dolphin round about" he will say 50 baht, but in reality it would of cost u 10-20 baht at the most.

Rule of thumb: no speak to taxi.

Just walk to Second rd go left and stop one .

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"