Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Phuket hotel advice for first time

Chris P Bacon

How far would you have to go from Bangla Rd to still be within walking distance but guaranteed to have peace and quiet at night, ie., not hear the noise of Bangla?

Not that far although I would avoid staying on Soi Sansabai since that's where all the girls park their motorbikes while heading to Bangla. I stayed at The Kee which was almost on Bangla and to be honest, it wasn't very noisy at all. BYD is away from the noise of Bangla while still a short walk. 

• 11 months later...

I have stayed at two great places but different:

Option 1 (About 30 min from Patong):   Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket 

Option 2 (about 10 min from Patong):  The Senses Resort Patong

The Senses is great, with some caveats:

definite joiner fee if the girl isn't with you at check-in

shuttle to Jungceylon has to be booked in advance, and stops running at around 21:00

at the top of a very steep hill, which leads to ...

the tuk-tuk mafia is trying on an extra 100 Baht to go there from Bangla; if you stick to your guns, they may give in, but you might have to try three or four touts to get one who will take you there for 200B instead of 300B.

Having said that, the actual accomodations and amenties are top-notch, and the price is well below other hotels of a similar quality. Would definitely recommend.

I spent 4 nights at the Patong Bay resort. The best location in town on the beach. I paid 3000 bat per day. goggle it it is the best location town. try to get 2 floor ocean view room.

• 5 weeks later...

The Senses is great, with some caveats:

definite joiner fee if the girl isn't with you at check-in

shuttle to Jungceylon has to be booked in advance, and stops running at around 21:00

at the top of a very steep hill, which leads to ...

the tuk-tuk mafia is trying on an extra 100 Baht to go there from Bangla; if you stick to your guns, they may give in, but you might have to try three or four touts to get one who will take you there for 200B instead of 300B.

Having said that, the actual accomodations and amenties are top-notch, and the price is well below other hotels of a similar quality. Would definitely recommend.

i agree with this assessment.  I normally take a TGF with me to the Senses, so I never really knew about the fee for the girls.  But it makes a little sense.

i agree with this assessment.  I normally take a TGF with me to the Senses, so I never really knew about the fee for the girls.  But it makes a little sense.

Never taken a BF to The Senses either. But the TGF and I have gone out for the evening a couple of times and come back the worse for wear, and reception has tried on the joiner fee and had to be disabused of the fact.

Archived