IGNORED

Phuket hotel advice for first time

Chris P Bacon

Im thinking about going to Phuket for a few days in January for my first time,ill be bringing a lady with me so any advice on hotels i have a budget of 5000bht a night but could stretch it to 7000bht for the right place.

Ive been searching Agoda and tripadvisor but im not sure about the areas etc ,i would be looking for somewhere thats quite but close enough to the nightlife.

Cheers :GoldenSmile1:  

www.baipho.com   stayed here a few times and loved it. Close to Bangla Road nightlife, markets etc

If you already have a lady with you , then the http://www.mobile.thekeeresort.com would be great for that budget and Bangla on your doorstep , I like the http://www.phuketsalathai.com about five mins walk away from Bangla , or if you want something further afield then a Jacuzzi Room at http://www.deevanapatong.com is nice

Kee and Deevana charge a joiners fee , but if you are bringing someone then that doesn't apply , lots of good hoteld at your budget

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

If you already have a lady with you , then the http://www.mobile.thekeeresort.com would be great for that budget and Bangla on your doorstep , I like the http://www.phuketsalathai.com about five mins walk away from Bangla , or if you want something further afield then a Jacuzzi Room at http://www.deevanapatong.com is nice

Kee and Deevana charge a joiners fee , but if you are bringing someone then that doesn't apply , lots of good hoteld at your budget

Thanks,Deevana looks good ill add to my list 

Thanks,Deevana looks good ill add to my list

If you get a jacuzzi room ask for one on the left hand side of the pool bar , they get the sun for most of the afternoon :)

If you get a jacuzzi room ask for one on the left hand side of the pool bar , they get the sun for most of the afternoon :)

Is that the deluxe or junior jacuzzi room ?

I've stayed at Sawaddi Patong several times for up to 3 weeks. Just 5 minutes by motorbike taxi from the action. Nice pool, breakfast and staff. They will also negotiate on price if you write to them by email. Girl friendly...just book your room for 2. Same price as 1. 

I have stayed at two great places but different:

Option 1 (About 30 min from Patong):   Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket 

Option 2 (about 10 min from Patong):  The Senses Resort Patong

Is that the deluxe or junior jacuzzi room ?

Deluxe

Has anyone stayed in BYDlofts?,they look great and are number 1 hotel on tripadvisor 

Baan Orchid Guesthouse

About 10 min walk to Bangla (nightlife)

3 min walk to Patong Beach

Clean and nice garden with really cool owner named Eugen

I also like Expat hotel

Right at the top of soi Bangla so u can stumble home.

Nice pool and bar

Clean and friendly

Pool trny every Friday

FUN place

Serenity looks good,what did you think of it yourself ?

I enjoyed it.  The staff was very friendly and professional  The grounds were very quiet and the pool was empty most the time.  The bar and restaurant were very good.  Breakfast was a 8 on 10 scale.  Bed was very comfortable and had nice bathrooms.  

The only negative was the free shuttle to Patong gets booked fast. Book it before you arrive for the days you will want it.  If not it is 700-1000 baht to get the hotel shuttle (mafia) to get you to Patong, then the same to return.  

I am going back this month and I may consider renting a motor scooter to get around. 

I would also recommend The Kee Resort if you already have a lady friend in tow. However, keep in mind that it's right off Bangla Rd and some folks complain about the noise. I however, had no problem with the noise when I stayed there and my room backed up to Soi SeaDragon. I also like BYD if you like something a little further away, but not too far. However, from what I see, BYD can get pretty expensive during peak/high season.

Thanks for all the suggestions,i went for BYDlofts as they were the only hotel who did not look for the full amount up front,all the hotels i contacted either want full or half of the amount,i dont mind paying a deposit but not the full amount before i even stepped foot inside the room.

I actually found a very nice one bed villa with a private pool for just under 7000bht a night but same thing they wanted the full amount,in the end i booked BYD for 7 nights at 6965bht which is a lot but i hope will be worth it.

You'll be happy with BYD, I've been there three years running. It's very modern, has a nice bar, great food! There are also a bunch of street vendor food carts outside, which makes for a quick, cheap meal. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for all the suggestions,i went for BYDlofts as they were the only hotel who did not look for the full amount up front,all the hotels i contacted either want full or half of the amount,i dont mind paying a deposit but not the full amount before i even stepped foot inside the room.

I actually found a very nice one bed villa with a private pool for just under 7000bht a night but same thing they wanted the full amount,in the end i booked BYD for 7 nights at 6965bht which is a lot but i hope will be worth it.

In future , If you use Booking.com , no upfront fee , free cancellation

In future , If you use Booking.com , no upfront fee , free cancellation

Thats not with all hotels though and the price per night it more expensive,Agoda have the same and one place i was looking at came in as 6500bht if booked up front but if booked and pay nothing until arrival it was nearly 11000bht so a considerable difference. 

I actually booked directly with BYD when I went. This way, I got to use their Mercedes for airport transfer :)

I actually booked directly with BYD when I went. This way, I got to use their Mercedes for airport transfer :)

Yeah i have booked direct with them myself and while i am more of a BMW man the Merc will be nice :-)

Maybe check out Yorkshire Inn (there are 4 or 5 suites which are quite decent). Located on Sansabai at the top of Bangla road. I can't remember what suite I was in but it was pretty quiet and in less than a minute you're on Bangla Road.  

If you already have a lady with you. Then skip Patong. Go stay at Kata beach. The view is much nicer. Look at kata resort. If you insist on staying in Patong look at the Lantern. It's the soi opposite bangla road or Patong heritage. I stayed at several hotels in Phuket and heritage was one of my favorite.

I would suggest the secret cliff hotel 2,000 a night for a bungalow room with sea views off peak, so just rent a motorcycle for the trip into town for the night life. Park up outside your bungalow at night saves walking up and down the steep hill for breakfast. Bike rental 300 a day you can potter around all the beaches nai harn is nice to see if you have transport.

• 2 weeks later...

How far would you have to go from Bangla Rd to still be within walking distance but guaranteed to have peace and quiet at night, ie., not hear the noise of Bangla?

Archived