Siam @ Siam Design Hotel Pattaya - Short review with pics

Zauberfee

Link: http://www.siamatpattaya.com/

Location: right at 2nd Road, between Soi 2 and Soi 3, opposite Big C

First impression:

- nice and friendly staff

- style over function

- awesome view from rooftop

- got a decent Leicsure Class room at 14th floor, room size is a little bit too small for me, but might be ok for many others

- quality of the room seems to be ok, but nothing special

- wifi works well in the room

- a little bit noisy, though you can hear the traffic of 2nd Road in the room

20044381ur.jpg

20044382uz.jpg

20044378rk.jpg

20044358qa.jpg

20044356hc.jpg

20044352fn.jpg

20044359dr.jpg

20044373om.jpg

20044376bw.jpg

20044366ye.jpg

20044369ic.jpg

20044370wo.jpg

20044372wz.jpg

20044374gd.jpg

20044367xk.jpg

20044365nb.jpg

20044351hk.jpg

20044360hh.jpg

20044363ou.jpg

20044368cm.jpg

20044375fz.jpg

20044357ku.jpg

20044364ri.jpg

20044361lh.jpg

Tomorrow I probably can add some informations about breaksfast and whether it's gf

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

I stayed there in March for one night only when they offered very low soft opening rate. The room was ok and it was a little noicey

Thanks for taking the trouble to post mate. I stayed a few yards up Second Rd at Sabai Empress on my last trip and I wondered what Siam was like. Good review buddy.

Unfortunately I can't say anything about the breaksfast because I overslept.

Actually I can say something about whether the hotel gf. It is! At least for 1 girl

Brought back a girl from Drinking Street last night. She had to drop her ID at Concierge Desk and I had to fill a paper that hotel takes no responsibilities from what happens in my room from joining guests. That's it.

When she left I got call from Concierge Desk asking if everything is fine and if she can go.

In the internet you can find reviews that they charge 1.000 THB for a second joiner, albeit I can't confirm that - yet -

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

Thank you for the review. Great pictures. Have fun

Can non guest go up to the rooftop pool for a drink and food? Is there a restaurant on the rooftop?

Unfortunately I can't say anything about the breaksfast because I overslept.

Actually I can say something about whether the hotel gf. It is! At least for 1 girl

Brought back a girl from Drinking Street last night. She had to drop her ID at Concierge Desk and I had to fill a paper that hotel takes no responsibilities from what happens in my room from joining guests. That's it.

When she left I got call from Concierge Desk asking if everything is fine and if she can go.

In the internet you can find reviews that they charge 1.000 THB for a second joiner, albeit I can't confirm that - yet -

Thanks for the great pixs Zauberfee....so what was the cost for your room per night? Cheers :Grin3:

....so what was the cost for your room per night? Cheers :Grin3:

I paid 2.285 THB per night w/o bf

No, mainly asian and western couples, few families

Unfortunately I can't say anything about the breakfast because I overslept.

Today I got off earlier, so I went to Big Fish Restaurant for breakfast. Though it wasn't included in my booked rate I had to pay 400 THB for it. For sure, there are many places around all of Pattaya where you can get a cheaper bf, but this isn't my benchmark.

Did i get a good and fair choice of bf for my money?

The jury is still out there on that topic. Actually they had everything that you can expect for a 4 star hotel: eggstation where your eggs were made by your order, different sorts of breads, cold cut, different thai/asian dishes (warm), sausages, bacon, pancake, fruits, yogurts. The juices are already filled up in glasses and you have to get your glass our of a vitrine, kind of odd system. The qualtiy of foods was ok, but the sausages and the bacon were cold. Overall nothing really to complain about, but also nothing to rave about. It was an ok breakfast, nothing more, nothing less. I would have expected a little bit more and a little bit better. In any way imho it's borderline fair value for what you get. I wouldn't pay again 400 THB for this breakfast.

No, mainly asian and western couples, few families

Just after writing that, a tour bus with lots of asian males arrived at the hotel ;)

Can non guest go up to the rooftop pool for a drink and food?

Sorry, didn't ask for that. Actually I doubt it, because you need a room key to use the lift to the roof top.

Is there a restaurant on the rooftop?

It seems so: http://www.siamatpattaya.com/dining/roof-sky-bar-restaurant-24th-floor/

And now I can also say something about bringing back more than 1 girl.

Last night I bf'd a showgirl and a waitress from Badydolls - again - . I was mentally prepared to take one for the community and pay 1.000 THB. But nothing happened. I filled out the form. The girls had to put in their names and mobile numbers, the girl at front desk wished us a good night and off we went.

Maybe they changed their policy for joining guest, maybe I was just lucky. I don't know, but I also don't care. Anyway this isn't definately a hotel that aims for mongering guests. Many (young) asian couples, some western couples, some asian families, very few single, western guests.

But from my experience the last 2 days the Siam @ Siam Pattaya is indeed guestfriendly.

Looks a lot like the one in Siam, I guess that's not unexpected though.

Great review indeed.... :Clap9:  :Clap9:  :Clap9:

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

Many thanks for the review and pics.

I quite like the location but it's probably a little expensive for me at the moment.

May be worth adding to my list of possibles if there's extra special offers from time to time.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 4 months later...

I paid 2.285 THB per night w/o bf

Hi, where did you found this  price?

i looking around on the web, but the "most cheap" price i found is 2.600++ w/o BF.

Hi, where did you found this price?

i looking around on the web, but the "most cheap" price i found is 2.600++ w/o BF.

I booked it last year through ebookers.de with a 20% discount code

Gesendet von meinem SM-T805 mit Tapatalk

I went there for the buffet 6th floor I think it was , the interior designer must have been from the seventies and still taking acid wow it is out there.

Stayed here last year & loved it but the prices have gone up & now its becoming expensive. 

Great feel to it but a hotel that I classed as a semi monger hotel as lots of couples there & the staff at reception did looked shocked at times when I went in with some slappers. LOL.  

I went there for the buffet 6th floor I think it was

the seafood buffet was good?

Archived