IGNORED

Mid-range smartphone for Facebook and browsing

no_1977

Hi guys,

Last time I was in Pattaya my iPhone got rolled by a LB. Yes I know, not smart... Anyway, I still like to carry a smart phone around when in Thailand so I can check Facebook, PA etc. Does anybody have any recommendations for a cheap-ish model? Looked at Samsung S3 or S4 mini (anybody has any experience with those?) - but wondering if there would be other recommendations out there?

Thank you.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Brush Script MT';">Never Say Never</span></span></p><div><p><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">about 20 trips to LOS, next trip in Dec-15...</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">

Dont get a mini as they are just to small for browsing.Nokia lumia(to many in range so you would have to look which model)S3 are still really good and you can easy get a second hand one from ebay at a decent price

Moto g are the best cheap phone you can get but i just hate browsing on a small phone

Older model Galaxy? I was quite happy with the Galaxy S3. No idea if you can still get them new though, but if so, it's got to be mid range by now.

Thanks for all the responses. I ended up buying at second hand iPhone 4S fitted with a new battery for AUD220. Works perfect.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Brush Script MT';">Never Say Never</span></span></p><div><p><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">about 20 trips to LOS, next trip in Dec-15...</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">

• 2 weeks later...

If some one is looking True has some new smartphones cheap, 4" bt,1,990, 5'  3,999 and a 7" for 4,990. 

They also have a 4g, 5".   Manchester United special phone for bt1,990 down form 8,990.  Any case would cover the Manchester United part If your not a fan.

• 1 month later...

I bring a cheap nokia lumia, no idea the model but it was under $200 at harvey norman....bloody good little phone and has the added bonus of being windows.

• 4 weeks later...

My Nokia 625 (purchased in the UK 2nd had for about 5500thb - http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_625-5438.php   for specs) gets a fair few envious looks by the bargirls, it can do FB, tapatalk and browsing. Screen resolution is only fair, hence the price.  I guess they like the unusual user interface and super smooth scrolling.

Bought a lumia530 for 70$ new, ok size phone for browsing and good performance for the money.

You can now buy small medium and large phones at 7-11 in Thailand.  Interesting.

The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 looks good value for money.

I have a Galaxy Grand 2 and am very happy with it.  

I would recommend this phone all day.

The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 looks good value for money.

I bought one a few days back and its great, 5.25 screen + dual sim,.quad core snap dragon 400.

The screen is very clear and sharp + its responsive with no lags as of yet.

8400 baht at Tukcom was the best price but I wont spend that much on a phone from their, probably a copy.

Central Festival 3rd floor Power buy had it for 9900 but no freebie extras or discount, same floor opposite side "Banana Mobile" 9400 + I was given a pack containing a power bank, screen cleaner and fluid + a phone stand.

Could have got it cheaper on-line of course.

Was going to get the Note 4 but its just to big to carry around in my trouser or shorts pockets and its around 24k.

I looked at loads of phones and reviews and am very pleased, so far, with this one.

At this price level its not a heart breaker to loose or break it and the dual sim is just what I need in Pattaya, one number for the girls only..

Oppo, an Indian company, make some quite good phones at very reasonable prices but I'm used to Samsung.

Ive been using a Galaxy 3 over here since they came out but it kept dropping the wifi connections so I decided to change, definitely got my moneys worth from it though.

Galaxy Grand 2 is a cheapish phone I recommend.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

• 3 weeks later...

Asus zenphone 5 , Especially good sharp photos  best for that money in pesos 7 500 pesos.. me..Ive bought a Samsung Galaxy note 3 refurbished but as new recently, Lazada Philippines under 17000 pesos, its brand new returned repackaged I suspect . great value for money ,

• 3 weeks later...

Asus Zenfone 2 should be comming out in a couple months with various price ranges. You might want to look into it

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, agreed Nokia quality it good and the Lumias are cheap. I personally like anything from Sony but then I am biased. I'd go Lumia for $100 to $150 and they are pretty handy range of sizes too.

I have a Galaxy Grand 2 and am very happy with it.  

I would recommend this phone all day.

Going to jump on the Grand 2 bandwagon myself. Have one as my travel phone. Good mid range price, plenty of functionality and dual SIM to top it off. iPhone stays locked in the safe when in Pats.

It's the one you don't hear that gets you, and the one you don't see coming that traps you.

:WinkGrin1:

Archived