Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

"I Was Born In America"

When BGs ask where I'm from, most get confused when I tell them America. I'm Asian-American and apparently, my face causes them to think I'm Japanese. That may explain why I was quoted 2500 for ST. :D

Anyways, can someone teach me how to properly say in Thai where I was born? Thanks!

if you look asian.. believe me.. DONT SPEAK THAI TO THEM EVER!!!... EVER!!!!! IMO....

but if you must..... ( pom gard tee america ) or ( ma jark america / come from america)

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

I don't know about "I Was Born In America" but if you want to tell that that you are from America you can say kun bpen kun Am-er-i-ka. It literally says I be person America.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Just tell them you are an aussie they will love you long time ............lol.

Everyone knows we aussie are sexy man..............lol.

Born is "kert" so I guess just, "Kert tee America, paw mair maa jak asia" would be "I was born in America, parents are asian".

Edited by barney

I don't know about "I Was Born In America" but if you want to tell that that you are from America you can say kun bpen kun Am-er-i-ka. It literally says I be person America.

Pohm Bpen Khun Am-er-i-can

Literally: I am person american.

You don't want to say "kun bpen kun american" That is "You are person american"

Thanks gents for the tips. I can't wait to return in less than a month!

PE GOB, could you elaborate as to why an Asian-looking guy wouldn't want to speak Thai? Do local Thais get offended or something?

If I had to choose a way of saying it I'd use pom ben kon amerigan as that's the structure (x ben y) I hear Thais using. and it's easy.

They'll still be confused though. You can't look asian and be american. impossible!!!

Actually, I'd stick to speaking english after making it clear (in thai) you're american just to ram the fact home

Gotta agree with caltexman on this one. 2500 hey Millard, you poor bastard.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Just tell them you are an aussie they will love you long time ............lol.

Everyone knows we aussie are sexy man..............lol.

I don't know about male aussies being hot. I'll take your word for it! But your women, daddy likey. I think Nicole Kidman is one of the most beautiful women in the world. Naomi Watts, Elle MacPherson, and Kylie Minogue ain't bad either. Even now, Olivia Newton John still looks awesome.

Anyways, I think I'm going to try telling BGs in english that I'm American. If and when I get a doubtful response, I'll say in Thai that I was BORN in America. Surely, they can understand that it's possible for someone of any race to be born anywhere in the world. :Laugh1:

When BGs ask where I'm from, most get confused when I tell them America. I'm Asian-American and apparently, my face causes them to think I'm Japanese. That may explain why I was quoted 2500 for ST. :Party3:

Anyways, can someone teach me how to properly say in Thai where I was born? Thanks!

Crack open your wallet and make sure she sees NO yen; show her some American Presidents on that famous greenback, and just nod.

Then whip out the Thai baht and make both of you SMILE!

:)

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

I don't know about male aussies being hot. I'll take your word for it! But your women, daddy likey. I think Nicole Kidman is one of the most beautiful women in the world. Naomi Watts, Elle MacPherson, and Kylie Minogue ain't bad either. Even now, Olivia Newton John still looks awesome.

Anyways, I think I'm going to try telling BGs in english that I'm American. If and when I get a doubtful response, I'll say in Thai that I was BORN in America. Surely, they can understand that it's possible for someone of any race to be born anywhere in the world. :Hair_Out1:

Kylie Minogue ain't bad at all! BTW the rest of those ladies are actually American/British ... except for Elle MacPherson, I think shes actually Aussie :)

I've met quite a few Thai girls who seem really interested in American guys.

• 2 months later...