Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fault in the PCX bikes ?

Odense

I never put the side stand down while I'm waiting at traffic lights   :Think1:

I bet you regularly put the side stand down when you stop.  Those batteries don't just drain at traffic lights.   :Think1:

I bet you regularly put the side stand down when you stop. Those batteries don't just drain at traffic lights. :Think1:

The only difference is that normally you would take your key with you, when you park the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only difference is that normally you would take your key with you, when you park the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Normally" being the operative word.   Anyway, maybe the guy renting out the bikes has also disabled that function.  Just in case.   :WinkGrin1:

"Normally" being the operative word.   Anyway, maybe the guy renting out the bikes has also disabled that function.  Just in case.   :WinkGrin1:

Good idea.....I'm going to get on to that tomorrow.

Good idea.....I'm going to get on to that tomorrow.

Could save a bit on the brakes by disabling that pesky combi system while you're at it.   :WinkGrin1:

Could save a bit on the brakes by disabling that pesky combi system while you're at it.   :WinkGrin1:

You da man.

You da man.

Of course, but wouldn't it have been easier just to remove the bulbs?   Problem sorted.   :WinkGrin1:

Of course, but wouldn't it have been easier just to remove the bulbs?   Problem sorted.   :WinkGrin1:

Tried that years ago but the pesky customers kept replacing them.

What a lot of bollox I have a PCX NEVER had a problem I don't believe this has gone to so many posts incredible this bike has been around for a long time why has it now become a problem !!!!!!.

Buy a new battery !!!!!!!.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I have heard that people get killed in car accidents but that's bollox I have a car and I have never been killed

Your logic is impeccable

Tried that years ago but the pesky customers kept replacing them.

Sheesh!  You can't trust anyone these days!   :WinkGrin1:

Sheesh!  You can't trust anyone these days!   :WinkGrin1:

Tell me about it !

The next idea is to remove the engines and replace them with pedal power, so customers will reap the benefits, they get a PCX, they stay fit and healthy and at the same time reducing the Co2 content in the air, this will also help save a Polar Bear so everyone should benefit. We would of course supply a tow rope for emergency use. Good idea or not ?

• 4 weeks later...

This is a silly thread. What does the OP do when he gets a Fino/Scoopy/Elegance that does not have Idle Stop, which i believe is only PCX,  Click 125i  and the new Moove have.

Solution?

Somewhere in the rental agreement it states that due to the congested urban nature of riding in Pattaya traffic and the length of the wait at traffic lights the Idle/stop facility on any scooter so equipped has been disabled to reduce the possibility of the renter being stranded with a inoperable scooter. 

Honda should maybe monitor the battery voltage and automatically disable the Idle/stop if the voltage drops too low. maybe they do?

Honda should maybe monitor the battery voltage and automatically disable the Idle/stop if the voltage drops too low. maybe they do?

Honda has already addressed the issue ... it only applies to pre-2014 model bikes.

Good that settles it then. There was a potential problem that has been fixed for his customers by Kessaya. 

Apologies if I missed that before.

The OP should be grateful. Maybe next year he can rent a 2014 model?

I bought my PCX nearly 5 years ago and in that time I have replaced the battery once. Think it cost me 1000 baht. I was in Pattaya one whole year and for the last three years have been working off-shore for 6-8 weeks at a time and then back to home to Thailand where I ride it for 2-3 weeks.

One battery in 5 years IMO is a damn good run. Never had any problems with the PCX. It still runs beautifully after nearly 10,000km. I will be buying another PCX when I eventually replace this one.

I use the idle off option all thetime.

Love my PCX.

Good that settles it then. There was a potential problem that has been fixed for his customers by Kessaya. 

Apologies if I missed that before.

The OP should be grateful. Maybe next year he can rent a 2014 model?

He'll probably rent from another source, that's for sure.  

Doesn't mean Kessaya is bad. Simply that they/he has decided for one type of bike to take a certain action. Not to rent because the idle/stop, a feature only available on 3 models, doesn't work is a bit lame. 

But it is a free world so both can do what they wish!

Doesn't mean Kessaya is bad. Simply that they/he has decided for one type of bike to take a certain action. Not to rent because the idle/stop, a feature only available on 3 models, doesn't work is a bit lame. 

But it is a free world so both can do what they wish!

Not saying Kessaya is bad ... only that the renter has a choice.  Neither did I say that the guy wouldn't rent because of the idle/stop not being available ... I was thinking more about attitude ...

• 1 month later...

I bought my PCX nearly 5 years ago and in that time I have replaced the battery once. Think it cost me 1000 baht. I was in Pattaya one whole year and for the last three years have been working off-shore for 6-8 weeks at a time and then back to home to Thailand where I ride it for 2-3 weeks.

One battery in 5 years IMO is a damn good run. Never had any problems with the PCX. It still runs beautifully after nearly 10,000km. I will be buying another PCX when I eventually replace this one.

I use the idle off option all thetime.

Love my PCX.

Have to agree, i have had my pcx now for just over a year. I have 11,000+ Km on it so obviously i am on it everyday. Never a problem and i do use the idle stop even in traffic. I service the bike as scheduled and when i asked the guys at Mityon about the battery they suggested to replace it every 2 years. I will do it at 18 months just to be safe

When have rented the PCX have always used the idle switch as can be waiting for ages at the lights as the traffic just gets worse each year.

Never had a problem with it and surprised to see it on here but interesting.

From my memory you can turn the idle function off and on using the switch on the handlebar??

Be interesting to see the latest PCX model (3rd model) when there and what improvements it has.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Geez, if the OP wants the idle stop feature he should rent from another service. Of course, he'll be paying more than Kassaya charges and may find himself with a bike that won't start but that's the price of having the choice. Mark solved a known problem with his bikes and stopped "The bike won't start." calls from disgruntled customers. Other PCX owners who haven't experienced this problem have one bike, Kassaya has several and they're are used mostly in urban, short hop, rides that don't fully charge batteries.  

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

A friend of mine just rented a PCX150 for the bargain price of 400 Baht a day. Compare that to Kessaya's prices and be happy he disconnected the switch, which will give the bike a theoretical, only in a lab driving cycle useful function. In real life these things are meant to make trouble.

have had 4 pcx's now have the current model much improved, longest owned was my last 150cc of 2 years never replaced battery but from others am told 2 years even with car here 2 years seems to be the norm,

never had any problem with the idle stop i always use it does add to the already superb economic performance.

Archived