Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

iphone 4s unlocking and reccomendations for thai sim pls

stickyfingers

Hi I will be back to Patts in the new year and want to use my iphone4s as my local thai mobile when there.

Currently at end of contract with Tesco mobile (O2) and have got a new android mobile so will keep separate.

Where's best place apart from the rip off hyenas in Tukcom to get unlocked and which is best for local usage in Thai as need to be able to use the wifi and apps that go with it i.e.; whatsapp and Line etc..costs etc..

Have read you can do it yourself online??

Used AIS 1 to call before just wondering if Dtac/ True would be better??

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Every where there's good and bad also in Tukcom . Most girls i know use Dtac , 1 2 move . 

Let one of the girls take care of it , they usually know what shops are ok . 

Ok thx and anyone any idea of costs for unlocking the iphone too would be a help.

Be staying a month minimum n just thought if any other way apart from 1 2 call top ups as per the norm for me previously.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

I asked in tukcom earlier this year and they wanted 2500 baht and would take about 1 week to get done.

Had it done in Australia took about 5 days and was free from the company that supplied the phone.

Get it unlocked from o2

There will be no  problem using wifi, If you take the  sim out you could still use the phone in Thailand for wifi and apps

without it being unlocked.

And on the sixth day God Created Bobby Moore

• 2 months later...

Just wondered if any other good alternatives rather then using the mobs in Tutcom??

As will be using some free apps (whatsapp etc..~) and need inet use for facebook etc...

You can get a 'Turbo SIM' (Google for further info) from tukcom that sorts it out, 1500 baht and ready in 40 mins....I did it last month

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been with AIS 12call for 15 years same number no issues WiFi great as well

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I live in the US and use AT&T as my cell provider. I have an iPhone 4s that I was no longer using as I upgraded to a newer model. I requested an unlock from AT&T from their website and they unlocked it for me for free. They send you an email saying to connect the phone to iTunes and it gives you a message saying that your iPhone is now unlocked. It was really easy. My last trip I got a sim card and it works just fine in Thailand. I'm not really sure how it works with other countries and other cell providers.

• 1 month later...

I had AT&T with my iPhone. I had to wait for my 2 year contract to expire before they would unlock it. Tukcom will do it for about 3,000 baht. Ouch.

Currently at end of contract with Tesco mobile (O2)

If you have completed your contract with the iPhone, the provider should unlock it for you at your request. Just contact them and it should work like halfpint says.

As for a SIM, just pick one up at a service provider kiosk in the arrivals hall of Suvarnabhumi (assuming you're arriving by air) and choose a service plan that fits your expected usage. There are all different plans with various lengths/internet speed/bandwidth amount which are advertised at the kiosks.

Archived