IGNORED

Back in Jontiem next Week

nariad

Is Shenanighans still open and running the quiz nights ect.Is the Anzac Bar on Soi7 still open,spent many good nights in there last March.

thanks

Anzac bar is still open - I don't think its owned by an Aussie anymore though.  Don't know about quiz nights at Shenanighans,   Another bar named Anzac has quiz nights with an Aussie theme but is in Pattaya (Soi Chaiyapoon).

• 2 weeks later...

Arriving on Saturday. Nov 15th in the evening. 

Planned to hit the Rompho Complex for the first evening.

This will be my very first evening in Thailand (newbie alarm :) ) and wanted to start it on the quieter side. 

Reading the above indicates Soi 7 may be worth a crawl and is right opposite Rompho. 

Are both places as good as or should I prefer one over the other - or just walk both and decide then? 

Cheers

ghkl

Always look on the bright *sights* of live!

I love Jomtien.  There's a deckchair at the beach with my name on it just about.

I definately prefer Jomtien over Pattaya during the daytime.

I love spending my mornings and early afternoons on the beach after a night of boozing.

So relaxing and charges me right back up for another night in Pattaya.

Soi Whitehouse still my favorite Soi in Jomtien.

Will be in town in 3 weeks.

Arriving on Saturday. Nov 15th in the evening. 

Planned to hit the Rompho Complex for the first evening.

This will be my very first evening in Thailand (newbie alarm :) ) and wanted to start it on the quieter side. 

Reading the above indicates Soi 7 may be worth a crawl and is right opposite Rompho. 

Are both places as good as or should I prefer one over the other - or just walk both and decide then? 

7 is small enough that you can walk it on the way to Rompho, and stop in a few places for a drink if something catches your eye. I usually walk down 7 straight to Rompho - there's not a lot to see, at least the nights I've been there.

Coming back, I always seem to find an endless array of hotties on 7. I wonder if that's what they mean by "beer goggles" :)

Archived