IGNORED

Swiss Food Restaurant and Hotel

buck011

Hi,anybody ever stayed at this place?

Im considering staying there for a couple of nigts during my next trip in march.

Its located on soi Diamond, should be close to Windmill.

The pics on the webpage look nice,some good reviews are to be found on the web,any members with personal experience?Thanks

I`ve only read stuff on the net,and it does look a decent enough place right in the heart of the action.Once put it on my list of `possibles` one year but stayed somewhere else.

If its only a two night stay give it a go then you can report your findings.

Yep according to the number of answers seems like i will provide the first report about this place  :)

Edited by buck011

• 1 month later...

I'm planning on staying there in March 2015.  Looking for some feedback on their Jacuzzi rooms.  

Thanks 

Can you report on the food as well, like Zurcher gescgnetzteltes and cheese fondue, rachlette and schnitzel?

I've been there for 3 nights in agoust 2013, low season 600 thb for standard room. Very cosy but nice and with a big and new bed; a lot of noise coming from the road till 4 am. I know it's W.S. but Jasmine hotel that is in the same area it is in a position where you don't have acoustic pollution. I won't pay more than 600 thb for staying there, but the overall impression was good also in terms of security. After a certain hour you can get in only dialing a code that the owner give u when u check-in, so no receptionist during night time between 01-07 am. Didn't try the restaurant.

• Like 2

Can you report on the food as well, like Zurcher gescgnetzteltes and cheese fondue, rachlette and schnitzel?

Can't guarantee about fondue but i will definitely report on Zuercher geschnetzeltes :)

Can't guarantee about fondue but i will definitely report on Zuercher geschnetzeltes :)

Barbera, the swiss poster did not try the swiss food - apparently too geared on thying the Thai - LOL. :Think1:

I appreciate that you buck will do the effort of trying the geschnetzltes :GoldenSmile1:  :hello09:

As for the cheese fondue I had not eaten for 30 years but went to Switzerland over the week end 3 weeks ago to join the 60th birthday of my flatsharing friend from my younger days. I got hooked on cheese fondue (again) and have since eaten it every Friday night. I brough some packs from CH but have also found it in the supermarket in my home coutnry.

A dash og white wine and then let the cheese "stew" with lemon pepper, kirsch and hacked garlic, drink the rest of the white wine - what a blissful existence ! My Thai wife's eyes are rolling over....when she sees this menu and ritual

Edited by Laid Back Larry

• 3 months later...
So I stayed here from 01-06 march.

Initially i booked a standard room with balcony which was 600 baht.

But the room was not available when i arrived and since I didnt want to take another room without balcony instead,I got the almost 3x more expensive roof garden suite :GoldenSmile1:

Considering the fact that i got the room without any sucharge it was really great.But think i would not pay the 1600 baht/day since the room itself is quite small but yes the 40 sqm balcony with jacuzzi is great.

Best of all...its right oposite my fav gogo - Windmill :Grin3:

Relaxing at the restaurant with a good cigar&glass of wine is for me a good start for a long night.

The food is also very good and not expensive,with the main dish the salad bar is free.

The rooms are very clean and the owner is friendly.

Definitely will come back.

20150301_125255.jpg

20150301_125312.jpg

20150301_125741.jpg

20150301_125752.jpg

20150305_230902.jpg

20150306_121845.jpg

Edited by buck011
  • Like 3

Sorry mate i hope i will give it a try next time...but the wiener schnietzel was good.

So I stayed here from 01-06 march.
Initially i booked a standard room with balcony which was 600 baht.
But the room was not available when i arrived and since I didnt want to take another room without balcony instead,I got the almost 3x more expensive roof garden suite :GoldenSmile1:
Considering the fact that i got the room without any sucharge it was really great.But think i would not pay the 1600 baht/day since the room itself is quite small but yes the 40 sqm balcony with jacuzzi is great.
Best of all...its right oposite my fav gogo - Windmill :Grin3:
Relaxing at the restaurant with a good cigar&glass of wine is for me a good start for a long night.
The food is also very good and not expensive,with the main dish the salad bar is free.
The rooms are very clean and the owner is friendly.
Definitely will come back.

Excellant review !

Photos and objective comments.

Thank you :GoldenSmile1:  

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

• 1 year later...

Last year a reviewed the roof garden suite,this time i will provide a short review of the standard room.

The room costs 600 baht and i must say its excellent value given the location.

Its very clean ok sized but no balcony but if you are ok with that you cant go wrong even with this cheapest room.

Attached are a couple of pics to give you an idea how it looks like:

uploadfromtaptalk1458897896224.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458897932482.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458897955372.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458898018746.jpg

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I tried this time Zuericher geschnetzeltes with Roesti and i must say i really liked it:

uploadfromtaptalk1458898304260.jpg

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I stayed at Swiss Food Restaurant two times, in 2014 and two weeks in 2015

I really always liked it, the location middle in the Walking Street is great and the rooms were always clean and nice. Great place to be right at the action, like right across from Windmill Agogo :)

They have a decent Restaurant too and i loved the Breakfast too, because they actually have selfbaked Bread every morning! I can only recommend it!

Have fun there!

post-129688-0-54993200-1459597263_thumb.jpg

post-129688-0-69306500-1459597299_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2014 at 02:49, buck011 said:

Im considering staying there for a couple of nigts during my next trip in march.

Its located on Soi Diamond, should be close to Windmill.

The pics on the webpage look nice,some good reviews are to be found on the web,any members with personal experience?Thanks

Windmill is just across the soi.

On 25/03/2015 at 03:50, nixonsbest said:

^and the fondue?

Wellcome back! Where have you been, monkey house Jakarta, without breakfast, perhaps?

It is about 40 years ago I ate fondue, both meet and cheese. Is the Raclette same?

• 1 year later...

Here is a recent youtube video I found about this hotel, this is not my video. I will be staying here for a few days in January, how's the noise level in the rooms?

Edited by soi boi

On 23/10/2014 at 20:49, buck011 said:

Its located on Soi Diamond, should be close to Windmill.

Its about 3 meters from the Windmill door to door, right opposite across the footpath. YOU COULD NOT BE ANY CLOSER You can grab the chics as they are going home at closing time and be in your room with her in less then a minute

An expat mate in Bangkok recommended it for food so I ate there early one evening in my June visit as I was also heading to see Mam at Windmill straight after .Food was nice but around 7pm I was the only diner apart from hotel guests coming in from their dining room for the salad bar.

Food was nice and typical Swiss/Austrian fare.

Can anyone who has stayed here comment on how the noise level from the clubs is in the rooms? I expect there will be some noise, but is it bearable? (ie; no trouble sleeping after a long flight)