Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Vietnam info for beach side, Nha Trang, Phan Thiet, etc.

muffhunter1

I am planning on hitting Vietnam again in February. I was there a few years back and stayed in Saigon for 5 days, enjoyed the city and people very much. This time I would like to check out the beach area and was wondering about the quality of water (beach), beaches and small islands during the day and what kind of night activity there is and where to visit for that. Also, any recommendations on hotels.

From my research thus far I have found that Nha Trang is the most popular for tourists in general, some have wrote a few posts about it here on the board however, nothing in any detail.

Phan Thiet is another place I see mention and again no in depth detail. 

I also found the best airline (price) to travel from Saigon to Phan Thiet is Jetstar Pacific.

Would highly appreciate any help and recommendations. 

Thx

The folks listed below have posted several articles about Nha Trang. I'd highly recommend it as a beach destination although my experience there predates it's development for tourism. Enjoy. :)

http://www.liveandinvestoverseas.com/best-places-to-retire/vietnam.html

The folks listed below have posted several articles about Nha Trang. I'd highly recommend it as a beach destination although my experience there predates it's development for tourism. Enjoy. :)

http://www.liveandinvestoverseas.com/best-places-to-retire/vietnam.html

Did not find much there. It seems to be geared more for people retiring there.

Thx

In January I am visiting Vung Tau for a week or so. Any advice on girls, bars and hotels would be greatly appreciated. I live full time now in Pattaya so I know will not be nearly as exciting, but I promised to meet a buddy there. Will be 44 years since my government paid trip. I suspect it has changed somewhat..... Thanks. 

PS: Also, spending first 2 nights in country (Saigon) at Rex hotel so also need same advice about girls and bars for HCM City. Maybe somewhere I can find a honey to take to Vung Tau? Thanks. 

I am planning on hitting Vietnam again in February. I was there a few years back and stayed in Saigon for 5 days, enjoyed the city and people very much. This time I would like to check out the beach area and was wondering about the quality of water (beach), beaches and small islands during the day and what kind of night activity there is ..............................

Vietnam has superb beaches the length of the country, including those you've mentioned.

Nha Trang is generally popular as you've said and so is Phan Tiet/Mui Ne, especially with the Russians.

However, regarding the night life, your choice of Board Name suggests that you may be disappointed.

In January I am visiting Vung Tau for a week or so. Any advice on girls, bars and hotels would be greatly appreciated. I live full time now in Pattaya so I know will not be nearly as exciting, but I promised to meet a buddy there. Will be 44 years since my government paid trip. I suspect it has changed somewhat..... Thanks. 

PS: Also, spending first 2 nights in country (Saigon) at Rex Hotel so also need same advice about girls and bars for HCM City. Maybe somewhere I can find a honey to take to Vung Tau? Thanks. 

I sent you PM

• 3 months later...

Anyone recommend a cheap and cheerful hotel (or a few options) in Vung Tau.

Something under about 40 USD per day rate. And girl (guest) friendly.

And near enough to walk to some nightlife.

Any info would be very much appreciated as I'm off there next week.

No matter where you go, there you are....

• 5 months later...

Best to wait til you are there as you will walk past many hotels while looking for yours and until you view the place you don't know if it is the right one for you.

• 1 month later...

I stayed in Phan Thiet for a few months. A medium size town and 20 minutes from Mui Ne ( beach resort full of Russians)

A few expats have settled here. Lovely local girls...not money grabbing. Very little night life here though.

Phan thiet is 4 hour bus ride from HCM. The buses to get are the sleeping bus. Ideal for anyone 6" or less. Cost about 240Baht. I stayed in a hotel, but I can't remember the name. Vietnamese names are hard to say and remember. 400baht/night. Very nice rooms. sattalite tv, hot shower and aircon. Most hotels in Phan thiet are newly built.

Saigon Green is 20 baht in bars and about half that in shops.

I found Vietnam is neigh on impossible without a motorbike. Having much fewer cars than Thailand, it seems a lot safer on a motorbike.

I've booked Saigon - Nha Trang for Jan. I gave the chepo airlines a miss and booked Vietnam airlines. They are well pissing me around with flights (also booked them Bkk - Saigon )They have changed my flights twice already since I booked 2 weeks ago.

Out of the 3 destinations mentioned I would pick Nha Trang. Mui ne dead as a dodo..Vung Tau although the easiest accessable from Saigon ( hydrofoil )its crap.

• 1 year later...

Archived