IGNORED

Gyms in Jomtien Area

Mr Reo

Hi All

Never having used a gym in Pattaya I was hoping some of our longer term or resident addicts might be able to offer a little advice. I will be there for five weeks in December.

Firstly could anyone offer any info on the sort of prices you would pay to use decent gym facilities in Pattaya on a non membership pay by use basis. I know yet another price thread.... :GoldenSmile1:

Secondly would anyone know if there are any good Gyms in the Jomtien area and if so be able to offer any words of recommendation or experiences. I should note that I am not a hard core body builder but do like to have a mix of free weights and cardio machines in my little routines so would prefer the sort of place that offers some variety.

Thanks in advance for any feedback  :hello09:

There are at least two Muay Thai Gyms in Jomtien, open for all levels. You can train there with instructor or just on your own with the punching bags and equipment they have there. There is also a small training studio at Rompho market. But if you are in Thailand, why not try out their national sport?

there is a Tonys on Phra Tam Nak Alley 4 (Soi 4 to me, but that's how its marked on the map) on the Jomtien side of Budda hill about halfway down the hill on the L. I recall it being before the golf course. Its an outdoor place with netting and fans but was full of new equip when I was there in the spring. Has the machines you want. No idea on price. I use the meathead place Universe at the top of Central and Sukhumvit, 10 visits for 800B punchcard at Universe iirc. I'll see if I can find the Tonys on a google map for you and update this if I can

"I'd pork her. Or, if her religion forbade pork, I'd beef her. If it turned out she was a vegetarian, I'd give her an extra firm slab of tofu."

There is a Tony's gum just past Hanuman Statue, take the first left. I think it is around 220 baht for the day. Not a great gym but it has enough. There is a new one i just saw on i believe soi wat boon. About 300 meters from Suk on the left hand side going towards suk. Haven't checked it out yet

I go to the Jomtien Tonys twice a day, its not too far from the traffic lights where you turn off to Jomtien beach.

There is a Tony's gum just past Hanuman Statue, take the first left. I think it is around 220 baht for the day. Not a great gym but it has enough. There is a new one i just saw on i believe soi wat boon. About 300 meters from Suk on the left hand side going towards suk. Haven't checked it out yet

I've not seen that and I drive past often, I will take a closer look today! Or do you mean Bear gym opposite Jomtien sauna?

Thanks for the feedback guys and much appreciated. Looks like I have no shortage of possibilities. Soi Watboon would be most convenient as that is where I will be residing so very nice to know that there is one there to check out. I will be the man scouting these out within my first few days. I know the area pretty well as I have always stayed at View Talay before but never done any keep fit on previous trips. Would be rather a shame to set back the excellent progress so far of my pre Pattaya diet and fitness plan so determined that I will be this year.

For anyone else interested in this subject I did a little internet digging

This was the map for Tonys which is just a few minutes walk from View Talay where I have stayed previously

Jomtien JPG.jpg

The website can also be found here where there are maps for the others

http://www.tonydisco.com/Locations.html

And this is the current price list as of today

FITNESS PRICES master 16 - 09WEB.jpg

However I also managed to find the gym in Soi Bunkanchana (Soi Watboon)

http://lovepattayathailand.com/pattaya-gym/bear-gym-pattaya/

Looking at the scenery coupled with the fact that this one is about a hundred meters from where I am staying I think I might be giving this one a try  :GoldenSmile1:

1406738682929screencapture.jpg

Monthly membership at this one also comes in cheaper at 2,300 baht aparently.

Now if I can just stop drooling long enough to lift a few weights my life will be complete ....

Yes LaaMok, Bear gym was the one i had mentioned. Glad Mr. Reo found it

Tony the man.

Y'all don't need to know anything else in terms of Gyms and fitness in Pattaya.

Tony is to Gyms what Mr T is to taxis.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 3 weeks later...

I like the Universe gym up on Sukhumvit...cheap as chips and not a bad gym.....But I guess the opposite side to where you want to be.

Is it some sort of rule that all the elliptical machines have to be worn the fuck out at any gym you go to? Hopped on the ones in Tony's Prat Soi 4 yesterday each one was beyond raggety

"I'd pork her. Or, if her religion forbade pork, I'd beef her. If it turned out she was a vegetarian, I'd give her an extra firm slab of tofu."

Archived