Jump to content

Visa help


Recommended Posts

Hello guys I'm going to Thailand for six weeks. For the first time do I need a Visa for that period of time. Normally only go for three weeks so I know I don't need.


Many thanks



Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd go to your Thai embassy or consulate back home and apply for 90 day visa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yes you need to apply to the thai emabassy get a visa for that length of time before you leave or get your 30 day on arrival and do a visa run once in Thailand to a neighbouring country think over land you get an extra 2 weeks that would cover you.


far easier to arrange if you have time before you leave. looks like you can apply by post a line just above the picture comes up "how to apply by post"




this service started January 2014 by all accounts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Make your visa in your home country is more confident and comfortable on your vacation.
The new rules also allow you to enter without a visa regime for 30 days and subsequently extend your visa in Thailand at the immigration office.
My opinion is that the first option is better.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019



Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can enter on the 30 day visa waiver and get another 30 days in Jomtien immigration for 1900Bht .


Or get a tourist visa (60 days) from the Thai embassy in your home country .   

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.