Pattaya Live Streams >> Pattaya Girls Live Youtube | Pattaya Girls Live Facebook | Pattaya Girls On Tour YouTube | Pattaya Girls on Tour Facebook | Pattaya Girls on Tour YouTube 2 | Nightwish Girls Payment Portal |

IGNORED

Is Duty Free Booze Worth Getting?

bob_ny

On my next trip I'm thinking about picking up a bottle of spirits for my hotel room play dates.

I'm wondering if it's worth it and if there is even any savings over just drinking the locally purchased variety at 7/11 or food mart.

Anyone have any experience with this lately?

What are you thinking of geting, i got a bottle of JD last trip for a thai friend, they loved it cos its way better then the JD they get in pattaya

I pick up a bottle of Vodka on the way in  and bring a bottle of Sangsom home with me. The cost thing i don't think about,  i can drink both so it makes sense for me.

Stevie

I always take litre of jack for the room, however I don't usually think about the cost, the savings wouldn't be huge I'd assume

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

What are you thinking of geting, i got a bottle of JD last trip for a thai friend, they loved it cos its way better then the JD they get in pattaya

I was thinking about a mid level scotch like dewars or a tanquery gin.

I was thinking about a mid level scotch like dewars or a tanquery gin.

I think most imported named brands (on anything)are similarly priced due to import taxes etc

Plenty in the UK still cross the channel to buy cheap booze but half the time with the deals and incentives it is just as cheap locally!

I think most imported named brands (on anything)are similarly priced due to import taxes etc

Plenty in the UK still cross the channel to buy cheap booze but half the time with the deals and incentives it is just as cheap locally!

Thanks sleuth.

I've been thinking the same, but I hadn't personally checked.

Used to be duty free was a big advantage but times seem to have shrunk any savings.

I don't have a particular fascination with any one elite brand so enjoying the local brews for less seems like the better option.

Thanks sleuth.

I've been thinking the same, but I hadn't personally checked.

Used to be duty free was a big advantage but times seem to have shrunk any savings.

I don't have a particular fascination with any one elite brand so enjoying the local brews for less seems like the better option.

I don't live in Patts but when I have been there and looked round the shops brands seem to be similar priced and if they are cheaper not enough to worry about. Never been to the bigger supermarkets like big c or lotus though.

One of the best savings is to buy Champagne in the UK as it is extremely expensive at around 5000 Baht per bottle in LOS and it isn't one of the major brands either (Moët, Veuve etc)

How can a bottle of JD purchased in Patts be any different to a bottle purchased anywhere in the world?

JD is JD unless snide

How can a bottle of JD purchased in Patts be any different to a bottle purchased anywhere in the world?

JD is JD unless snide

Not necessarily counterfeit but possibly cut.

I bought a bottle of patron from friends market in patts and it didn't taste the same.

Fuck King Power. They're known scam artists & they're prices suck anyway. Don't give them any $$. A couple years ago, they actually would plant some item in your bag, grab you when you walked out. Then a cop would take you to a room and extort the shit outta the victims. I'm talking > $10,000. It got so much bad press that the government made them quit that shit. There might be some deals at your stopover though.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I think that apart for tobacco the is little to be saved buying stuff at duty free or at least or us Brits. Booze prices aren't that much different from the uk and things like electronics, chocolate etc. Are cheaper at home. Don't belive me? Try sending an email to dubai duty free asking for a price on,a specific camera or phone and then compare prices in the uk

3 Bottles of Sangsom from 7/11 into Australia is cheaper than any saving made on other Dark Spirits Duty Free.

7-11 and food mart have very limited selections. Supermarkets have a bit more.. If it's a special brand, you might want to bring it from home.

The only deal I've ever gotten (other than a Cuban Cigar here & there) in any duty free was on a SQ plane - $95 for Johnny Blue maybe 6 years ago. ps: i just recalled a funny story. Around 5 years ago, 3 of us were returning to BKK from PNH. We had stayed up all night pretty much & I was dicking around in Duty Free while my friends went to the only bar. They were at the bar drinking something in a snifter. My head was still pounding & I went off on my degenerate associates or trying to me drink Cognac at 10 am. They said "shut the fuck up Jack. Look at the menu". All the XOs were $3 !!! Remy, Hennessy, & Courvoisier XOs - 3 fucking dollars.a shot. My bottle cost wholesale (I owned a bar) in the States was $150-200. I offered to buy a whole bottle (or 2) at that price (25 1 oz shots at $3 or $75 total) & the bartender & manager both turned me down. On a trip 6 months later we noticed it was raised $5 for VSOP, & it was all my fault. I should have kept my fucking mouth shut.

Personally I think that apart for tobacco the is little to be saved buying stuff at duty free or at least or us Brits. Booze prices aren't that much different from the uk and things like electronics, chocolate etc. Are cheaper at home. Don't belive me? Try sending an email to dubai duty free asking for a price on,a specific camera or phone and then compare prices in the uk

Cigarettes are about 30% cheaper in LOS than UK duty free, booze excluding wine & champagne is about the same.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

I was planning to take a bottle of single malt for a friend when I visit TLOS. It is considerably cheaper to buy it when on offer in Tesco or Asda than it is in the so-called duty-free at Heathrow.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Fuck King Power. They're known scam artists & they're prices suck anyway. Don't give them any $$. A couple years ago, they actually would plant some item in your bag, grab you when you walked out. Then a cop would take you to a room and extort the shit outta the victims. I'm talking > $10,000. It got so much bad press that the government made them quit that shit. There might be some deals at your stopover though.

not heard any of those stories for a while. When I walk through a JD Power I make sure I don't play around with the Toblerone lol. Just in case.....

Archived