IGNORED

Where can I rent a motorbike for a month without any scams ?

how122255

Hello, I'm looking to rent a motorbike for a month in Pattaya. It will only be used in Pattaya only. I know there are many places but I'm looking to get some recommendations from board members who have recently rented a motorbike and didn't have any problems. Thank you

The Cheapest and the best and is owned by a great English guy Mark is Kessaya motorbike rentals. Use the search box as he is a BM here and his BM name is Kessaya. Good luck.

The Cheapest and the best and is owned by a great English guy Mark is Kessaya motorbike rentals. Use the search box as he is a BM here and his BM name is Kessaya. Good luck.

Thanks but I called him and he is totally booked thru new years.

BM Pattayagolf excellent service, excellent bikes.

I had a friend who had a crash on one of his bikes, no scamming, just pay for the dammage without they add up the bill, i would recommend him to everybody.

What's the typical rate for a month? Thinking of escaping to Pattaya for a few months myself.

Pattaya, Thailand vs Angeles City, Philippines - Best City For Mongering? Cast Your Vote Here!

Try BM Pattayagolf and first stop motorcycle hire as both are BM here.

Two of the very best guys in Pattaya no bull shit from them new bikes and a dealers address ( very important when you have a problem ) you can visit and a first class service.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

What's the typical rate for a month? Thinking of escaping to Pattaya for a few months myself.

About 2000- 25000 baht.

Bootom of soi 8 on beach road are food,100bht per day,don't know monthly rates

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Two of the very best guys in Pattaya no bull shit from them new bikes and a dealers address ( very important when you have a problem ) you can visit and a first class service.

JDM

Yep there is a reason why Kessaya is booked out and that is his great service and great prices. Need to book early! He also has a business address on Soi Khao Noi as per his website, have been there myself as have other BMs I know. Rented a new click 125i off him earlier in the year, great bike, and only 2k a month.

Not heard of many bike scams, but be aware if you damage it in anyway you will have to pay, check the bike carefully and take pictures of any damage already on. Pattayagolf as mentioned above are excellent

Yep there is a reason why Kessaya is booked out and that is his great service and great prices. Need to book early! He also has a business address on Soi Khao Noi as per his website, have been there myself as have other BMs I know. Rented a new click 125i off him earlier in the year, great bike, and only 2k a month.

Yes, he is fully booked...

I agree and have been to his place of business a couple of times.

Collectively I have rented from Kessaya about 12 months and never had a single issue with the bike.

Rather have I locked my keys under the seat twice (in one week) and he showed up amazingly fast after I called.

IIRC Mark has been at my hotel waiting with the bike every time I have arrived in Pattaya

I'm booked with Kessaya right now, 2nd go with him.  He's said that he is fully booked as well, probably for a reason

"I'd pork her. Or, if her religion forbade pork, I'd beef her. If it turned out she was a vegetarian, I'd give her an extra firm slab of tofu."

• 4 weeks later...

Definitately not SP on soi Siam. Have problems every time I returned stuff to them.

Definitately not SP on soi Siam. Have problems every time I returned stuff to them.

"Every time"?

Does that imply 3 or more?

You can buy decent used scooter for 20 000 Baht. No worry about loosing it or damaging it. Then you can sell it for 15000 Baht. :) If it's for month or more why go through all that renting hustle and scams.

You should buy your own Kawasaki KSR (review). 26 yo farang living in Isan.

You can buy decent used scooter for 20 000 Baht. No worry about loosing it or damaging it. Then you can sell it for 15000 Baht. :) If it's for month or more why go through all that renting hustle and scams.

Am I getting that right?

Taking a loss of 5000 plus registration fees, trouble of purchase and sell is better than renting one hustle and scam free for 2000 per month.

Am I getting that right?

Taking a loss of 5000 plus registration fees, trouble of purchase and sell is better than renting one hustle and scam free for 2000 per month.

+1...The transfer fees and all the work involved would not be worth it to save 2000 baht.

Can you share any details of the problems you had ? Thanks

Mark at Kessaya, he is a board member here. My 2nd time renting from him, in Pattaya now with the bike from him for another 30+ days. Great pricing, good bikes, good paperwork, no issues. The only problem might be availability depending on when you come in.

[email protected]

"I'd pork her. Or, if her religion forbade pork, I'd beef her. If it turned out she was a vegetarian, I'd give her an extra firm slab of tofu."

+1 I have used them and they werea great value

Any of the the BM here who have a rental bike/car  business are good to go, some outside are ok but if the guys posting  here were no good then there would be posts about it.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

+1...The transfer fees and all the work involved would not be worth it to save 2000 baht.

It is interesting that AndyFTH will even make such recommendation as he posts a link in his signature to a site that makes this statement concerning buying a motorbike in Thailand:

Rarely are tourist visa enough, usually are 3-months non-immigrant visa required. Easier is register motorbike in name of Thai citizen. For example your girlfriend, boyfriend or wife. Of course you have to pick up somebody trustworthy, because they'll be owners of the motorbike. And since you're most likely will be paying in cash, there's not a single connection between you and the motorbike.

Archived