IGNORED

Meaning of here/hear?

bigbill340

Hi All,

During my last trip my LT told me to not use the word 'Here' when talking to Thais? I tried to ask her what it meant in Thai? but she either didn't know the English or she wasn't saying.

So what the hell does here/hear mean in Thai please???

Bill

son of a bitch ........ai hee-ah

bastard ......ai wen

bitch ........ hee-ah

old crow ..... ee-gah

Just found on website .. Hee-ah sound like here/hear .

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CAwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.knowphuket.com%2Fthai_language%2FL23_insults.htm&ei=Uzc-VLv1B6Hg7QblloG4Cw&usg=AFQjCNF2i2OWHEf6NrNfapwBLD9rxvdYkA&sig2=LDc1RR6j1hQdfkJTyWDj7g

I think it's bitch.

son of a bitch ........ai hee-ah

bastard ......ai wen

bitch ........ hee-ah

old crow ..... ee-gah

Just found on website .. Hee-ah sound like here/hear .

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CAwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.knowphuket.com%2Fthai_language%2FL23_insults.htm&ei=Uzc-VLv1B6Hg7QblloG4Cw&usg=AFQjCNF2i2OWHEf6NrNfapwBLD9rxvdYkA&sig2=LDc1RR6j1hQdfkJTyWDj7g

Thanks for that lads!

I wondered why she said Thai might box me if they hear me use it! 555

Bill

lol...looks like I have asked many girls 'How long you work bitch!?'

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

lol...looks like I have asked many girls 'How long you work bitch!?'

Hahaha I seem to always say that too, never again!

Say Ay hia to a Thai man and be ready to rumble!

Say Ay hia to a Thai man and be ready to rumble!

Been there, done that...LOL

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

"here" said with a Thai accent does sound like the Thai curse word but เหี้ย is said with a falling tone which a foreigner isn't likely to use when speaking English. Nothing to worry about.

Hear = Tii nii. Pronounced Tii= As in a cup of TEA, Nii as in knee to the groin.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

• 2 weeks later...

เหี้ย  hiia isn't really a bitch, it's just in insult to a despicable or low class person. preceding it with ไอ้ ai = damn or emphasizing a bad word, ai hiia is similar to calling a guy a fucking cunt, but the term is also used as an expletive of bad surprise.  Stub you toe on a table? Almost hit by a lorry? Someone scares the shit out of you? ไอ้เหี้ย ai hiaa is a good phrase to use, when said sounds more like ay ya. 

เย็ด yet is also another word to try to avoid.  yet = fuck.  I was in the midst of sending a work email and one of my friends asked me if I had already eaten in thai(gin laaeo reu yang), I answered "not yet" in english without thinking because I was writing english and the whole group erupted with laughter because all they heard was "no fuck!" 

Hear = Tii nii. Pronounced Tii= As in a cup of TEA, Nii as in knee to the groin.

not to be pedantic, but นี่ nee is technically this, ที่ thee is a location of something.  Here is indeed thee nee(location this), but understanding the words helps to expand your diction to thee nan(location there), yu thee nai?(located at which location?).  Hear can be expressed by to listen = ฟัง fang, or to enter the ear = เข้าหู khao huu, though be careful with hear because tone really matters.

Archived