Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Considering the location of the Sheraton on Phra Tamnak Road

LTGTR

is the nearest baht bus on Thapparaya?

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Course there is plenty . Every minute on Therappya rd . Sheraton !! Mayb you need to walk up 200 meters to get that Bahtbus route . Are you saying that you are near to Royal Cliff hotel ? That is where Sheraton is ? That is out of bahtbus route range , but there is private Bahtbus available or motorbike taxi which may cost you 60-80 bt . Don't know about the cost of private bahtbus .

Thanks,I think. So the nearest baht bus is on Thapparaya, correct? I know it is a ways from the hotel but looking at the map the hotel supplies, I don't see any other route closer.

-Frank Zappa

Any reason you want to stay there? Hilton on beach road would be much better for the same price ranch, with no daily transport costs, there is nothing around the Sheraton at all

Thanks,yes Hilton is more convenient but I'm getting a 50% off deal at Sheraton and wondering if it is worth the effort. All the time I lived in Jomtien and never went to the Sheraton area. 

-Frank Zappa

Thanks,yes Hilton is more convenient but I'm getting a 50% off deal at Sheraton and wondering if it is worth the effort. All the time I lived in Jomtien and never went to the Sheraton area.

If you lives in Jomtien all the time , why ask us about the bahtbus route in Pratumnak , 5555

the sheraton is well out of the way if you want to go out and get back later.

if you are happy to put your feet up and relax it would be ok.

but it is a long walk none of it level to reach the main rd you are going to need a motorcy taxi or charter a baht bus

Well jocky king,its obvious to everyone who has responded except yourself. If I was familiar with the Pratumnak area, I would not have asked for help. Is my English is a struggle for you? I liveD (past tense) in Jomtien in 2008-09,not living there now. Whether you have 10k posts or not,don't talk down to me with questions like,"If you liveS (sic) in Jomtien all the time why ask us about bahtbus (sic) route in Pratumnak,5555."

Thanks striderman.

-Frank Zappa

Well jocky king,its obvious to everyone who has responded except yourself. If I was familiar with the Pratumnak area, I would not have asked for help. Is my English is a struggle for you? I liveD (past tense) in Jomtien in 2008-09,not living there now. Whether you have 10k posts or not,don't talk down to me with questions like,"If you liveS (sic) in Jomtien all the time why ask us about bahtbus (sic) route in Pratumnak,5555."

Thanks striderman.

Ok , sorry , never meant to hurt you that way . peace brother .

No harm done. I simply can't remember everything from 5 years ago,specially in my 60s. Thanks for your replies.

-Frank Zappa

No harm done. I simply can't remember everything from 5 years ago,specially in my 60s.

Very understandable .. I think from what I have seen on google map , it is about 20 minutes walk up the hill to the therappya Rd if you prefers a 10 bt bahtbus ride , likewise me , but coming back in the dark is the problem , I,m bit nervous walking down the hill at 4am in the morning , never happens to me yet .

That out of the way hotel is great if your on a honeymoon or running from DSI. That's it. Marriot or Hilton is premium rooms with location. Close to all the action. That is why you came here isn't it?

Kind of. Actually coming for LPGA tournament primarily but of course any ancillary carnal action is a close 2nd!  :Grin3:

-Frank Zappa

Sheraton pattaya is a great family holiday property. Nothing to do with mongers. They avoid mongers.

I stayed there on my 1st trip, they are fine with mangers, no issue what so ever, just it's always a couple of hundred baht for the taxi as you have no alternative, you really can't walk anywhere from it

• 2 weeks later...

Had friends who stayed at Sheraton and they were very impressed.

They had no problems with transport as hotel had heaps on tap.

The hotel operates a free shuttle to Central Festival but only between noon and 10 PM.  You're at the mercy of the taxi mafia returning at 2 AM or later.  But if you go out to the bars late you can catch a cheap ride from a taxi that just dropped someone off because they're returning to Walking Street anyway and will gladly take 40-50 baht.

Retired

I stayed there on my 1st trip, they are fine with mangers, no issue what so ever, just it's always a couple of hundred baht for the taxi as you have no alternative, you really can't walk anywhere from it

That's good to hear they allow mangers. I assume there is no joiners fee for Magi?

No joining fee or fuss made at reception, most of the guests are tucked up in bed by 12 !

I would recommend the Marriott though as you'll save anything between 600/1000 baht a day

Sheraton also is on a hill so i believe there is a lot of walking to go up and down to the restaurant and beach and road. Not fun if you're not fit

I stayed at the Sheraton last November, and it is, indeed, out of the way.  That said, it was by far the nicest hotel/property at which I have stayed in Pattaya, and I have spent a lot of time at both the Marriott and Hilton.  It is far more of a resort than a hotel.

I never found a baht bus route near it, but paid for my own "private" bus each night -- think they hit me for 250 baht, but it may have been 200.  There are usually taxis right at the entrance to the Sheraton, as I recall there being a taxi stand there.  They also have a shuttle that drops you off at Central Festival (also picks up).  I can't recall the times, but I think the last run was at about 9 p.m.

No issues whatsoever bringing girls back.

Once I "replenish" my Starwood points (a VERY long, slow process, as I am about to kill 20,000 for 2 nights in Macau), I hope to spend another 5 nights at the Sheraton in Pattaya.

Until then, I am cashing out my Marriott points later this month for 7 free nights, and -- like Starwood -- I am working on building up my Hilton points so I can get back there for another 5 night stay.

Thanks Piece Corp- I saw that shuttle was available on the website. Wish it left before noon but a least it drops you in a good location.

-Frank Zappa

Archived