Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Up to Date Map and Reviews of Darkside Bars

forcebwithu

Thanks for all your work on this project.

• Like 1

Awesome work, 

the Top 10 bar has been closed for about 6 months, but one of the girls now working in another DS bar told me it will open back up in a few more months.

Today Butterfly Bar, Michelle Happy Bar and Dukes Lounge were indeed open, but Top 10 Beer Bar was still closed.
The closures were probably due to the Buddha day (Awk Pansa, the end of the Buddhist Lent) last Wednesday.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

As a fun side project I’ve put together a map of the Darkside bars in Google Earth and Google Maps format. The location data is also available for downloading to sat/nav systems and in raw format via Google Sheets.

Here are links to each format:

Google Maps

Google Earth File To view you will need the Google Earth app on your computer. Also, best format for viewing on a smartphone. Once downloaded and opened in Google Earth you should see the date the file was last updated. Right clicking on the folder properties you'll also see in the description area a list of changes since the last update was published.

GPS xXchange Format (s/b able to import this file into any Sat/Nav system)

I’ve also created a new format for those that would like the raw lat/long data.

Google Sheets (lat/long data for each bar)

Clicking the waypoints in Google Maps or Google Earth will display a photo of the respective bar.

If you know of new/renamed or closed bars, let me know so I can update the maps. If you can provide the GPS location and a pic, even better.

Map Updated: 10/10/2014

New Bars Added

- Happy Moon's Bar

- Stars Bar - Restaurant

Bars Renamed

- Ying Bar is now Mac's Bar

- Darkside is now The Pride

Bars Closed and Removed

- Friendship Coffee Shop (Soi Khao Talo)

Bar Reopened

- The Pub

Prev Update: 03/09/2014

Stars Bar on Soi Khao Talo is rather a girlie bar and had many new girls today.

The seating around the pool table is very cramped.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

Nce job again mate. 

Nana Bar is now Mobis Bar, but that is already for sale, so name might chance again in the near future. A couple of cute girls in there by the; one gives me an instant hard on the moment I enter because she looks like filth, but alas, no way I could dabble any of the girls in there for a couple of reasons. 

Darkside 2 is now the LAIR. 

Darkside 1 is called something else as well. The Pride I think? 

Peacock Cafe is now Serenty. Seems to be dying on its arse though so watch out for a change there soon. 

Rendesvouz is now called something else as well (name escapes me) 

Nce job again mate. 

Nana Bar is now Mobis Bar, but that is already for sale, so name might chance again in the near future. A couple of cute girls in there by the; one gives me an instant hard on the moment I enter because she looks like filth, but alas, no way I could dabble any of the girls in there for a couple of reasons. 

Darkside 2 is now the LAIR. 

Darkside 1 is called something else as well. The Pride I think? 

Peacock Cafe is now Serenty. Seems to be dying on its arse though so watch out for a change there soon. 

Rendesvouz is now called something else as well (name escapes me) 

Thanks for the update. Rendesvouz is now Ponderosa.

Thanks for the update. Rendesvouz is now Ponderosa.

I’ve been to 777 Nikky Bar on the shore of Mabprachan Reservoir.

There was a fat woman who was apparently the owner and there was an extremely fat girl of 21 years who wanted to give “massage”, but didn’t like “boom boom”.

Both spoke very little English.

The proper bar area is much smaller than the complete complex.

Inside there were a bar with stools, some sofas, some chrome poles and some more bar stools.

I paid 80 baht for a bottle of beer.

Blue Cat on Soi Khao Talo Soi 9 has become Pacha.
It is French owned now and the ladyboys have been replaced by a couple of fatties and super oldies.
Ann’s Angels Bar will reopen this week and will be renamed Anna’s Angels Bar (one letter more).

Blue Cat on Soi Khao Talo Soi 9 has become Pacha.

It is French owned now and the ladyboys have been replaced by a couple of fatties and super oldies.

Ann’s Angels Bar will reopen this week and will be renamed Anna’s Angels Bar (one letter more).

Noticed them working on the old Ann's Angels Bar last week. Not a good location, but wish them luck with the new bar.

Thanks for taking the time to create this map and update as things change.

It will come in very handy for people new and old that want to do some exploring on the Darkside.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Nana Bar is now Mobis Bar, but that is already for sale, so name might chance again in the near future.

Nce job again mate. 

Nana Bar is now Mobis Bar, but that is already for sale, so name might chance again in the near future.

Sold apparently - new name is Nifty's.  

Sold apparently - new name is Nifty's.  

Rode by the bar several days ago and they still had the Mobi's Bar sign up. Someone let me know when the new name is up and I'll update the map.

Bump to let BM's know the Darkside maps have been updated.

Updated: 30/10/2014

New Bars Added

- none

Bars Renamed

- Darkside2 Bar is now The Lair

- Rendezvous Bar is now The Ponderosa

- Blue Cat Bar is now Pacha

- Nana Bar is now Mobi's Bar

Added

- East Shore

Bars Closed

- Top 10 Beer Bar

Bar Reopened

- Anne’s Angels Bar is now reopened as Anna’s Angels Bar

Prev Update: 10/10/2014

Google Maps (new link as the one in post #1 is busted)

Google Earth File To view you will need the Google Earth app on your computer. Also, best format for viewing on a smartphone. Once downloaded and opened in Google Earth you should see the date the file was last updated. Right clicking on the folder properties you'll also see in the description area a list of changes since the last update was published.

For those that would like the raw lat/long data.

Clicking the waypoints in Google Maps or Google Earth will display a photo of the respective bar.

If you know of new/renamed or closed bars, let me know so I can update the maps. If you can provide the GPS location and a pic, even better.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 3

Just discovered this one and exactly what I was looking for last year for Darkside Exploration.

Big thanks for all your efforts in producing the waypoint list and keeping it up to date  :GoldenSmile1:

Tippy has moved Moonies bar to a double unit just down the road, nearly opposite The Roadhouse. The old bar is still open awaiting sale.

prices would make this a perfect thread

If you mean the girls, it's irrelevant. They will take the highest offer.

Long term stayers and ex-pats generally know the rules, I will not pay more than B 1000 long time and have never been refused. Tourists throw money around and fuck it up for everyone else, harsh, and up to them, but true nonetheless. 

Excellent! All the Darkside info I was looking for! Great job!

The best time to visit DS Bars - a difficult question as there are a number of bars that are the 19th hole for golfers so they are busy early afternoon but quiet after 2 7.00pm. 

Basically it is difficult to predict - some bars like the Birdcage have always a good team, others are take it as you find it. The secret is - if not much happening in the bar then move on as there is always some bars rocking.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump to let BM's know the Darkside maps have been updated.

Updated: 30/10/2014

New Bars Added

- none

Bars Renamed

- Darkside2 Bar is now The Lair

- Rendezvous Bar is now The Ponderosa

- Blue Cat Bar is now Pacha

- Nana Bar is now Mobi's Bar

Added

- East Shore

Bars Closed

- Top 10 Beer Bar

Bar Reopened

- Anne’s Angels Bar is now reopened as Anna’s Angels Bar

Prev Update: 10/10/2014

Google Maps (new link as the one in post #1 is busted)

For those that would like the raw lat/long data.

List of Darkside bars currently included on the map:

The Pub is on the right-hand side of Soi Khao Talo when coming from Sukhumvit Road and The Local on the left-hand side.

It is not Kaho Talo Bar, but Khao Talo Bar.

Booze Lounge is on the left-hand side of Soi Khao Talo when coming from Sukhumvit Road.

Players Lounge on Soi Siam Country Club Soi 22 is at the other side (i.e. north) of the brook.

Due is on the left-hand side of Soi Siam Country Club when coming from Sukhumvit Road.

On the right-hand side of Soi Siam Country Club when coming from Sukhumvit Road, about 100 metres before (i.e. north of) Lucky Bar is The Venue.

prices would make this a perfect thread

Beer prices can vary from some 45 baht (happy hour) to some 90 baht.

Lady drinks are usually around the 100 baht mark, but more expensive for bottled beers.

Barfines are 200 baht for “smoking” in the bar (only in a couple of bars), 300-400 baht for ST and 400-500 baht for LT.

Some bars, but not all, have ST rooms that are included in the barfine.

ST rooms in motels are some 250-350 baht, depending on comfort.

All “girls”, young or old, slim or fat, cute or ugly, threeholer or not, seem to expect 1,000 baht ST nowadays.