IGNORED

Up to Date Map and Reviews of Darkside Bars

forcebwithu

Black Angel has never been “friendly” in the past, only cheap for booze.

Certainly was very friendly in the past - regularly got bj's in the bar off 2/3 of the girls sometimes together if quiet in there. Joy is working there again and was most apologetic that the new boss wasn't allowing it now and i would need to pay the 300 baht bar fine and go to the sofa in the back. Not sure why the signage says we have laotian girls here (in french) as they are all Thai.

Can't say whether the booze was cheap as didn't check what i was paying but it didn't stand out price wise from anywhere else on the DS.

At Black Angel on Soi Lablae I’ve never seen more than 2 girls.

I think you’re mixing up with Angels Bar Beer on Soi Khao Noi.

Great map!!  I know how much work you have put into it but I do have a suggestion.  As a newbee that doesn’t really know the DS bars that well  I would like to see the ones with a pool noted.  So if I want to bounce around to a few pool bars I know which ones to go to.  (unless I missed this feature and it’s already there, you know how I am with computers)

6728304043_a8629741f2_z.jpgLOS 2012 by Norcalkid, on Flickr

Good idea. Easy enough to do by adding a Comments column to the Google Sheets list of bars. Anyone recognize the location of the pool Norcalkid is sitting at?

La Guinguette was closed last time I went there.

Mango Pub ST fees are: 200 baht behind the BJ counter, 300 baht at the playground downstairs and 400 baht at the en-suite room upstairs.

The pool at Dao Cafe is in the restaurant area; it serves also as the communal pool of that village.

That being said most girls are water averse and you’ll not often see a girl in a pool, except at White Oyster.

La Guinguette was closed last time I went there.

Mango Pub ST fees are: 200 baht behind the BJ counter, 300 baht at the playground downstairs and 400 baht at the en-suite room upstairs.

The pool at Dao Cafe is in the restaurant area; it serves also as the communal pool of that village.

That being said most girls are water averse and you’ll not often see a girl in a pool, except at White Oyster.

Thanks for the info. Updated online spreadsheet to include additional info. Before I mark La Guinguette closed, I'll have a look to confirm next time I'm in the area.

La Guinguette (The guillotine) is open but lacks T/G's. The previous owner Bruno is back on the scene. Hopefully he will get a few warriors back on deck as he had done in the past! 

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

Newly opened  My Ways Bar open air bar  Soi 9 Khao Noi.  Well worth taking a look

50 meters up the road from the Clover Bar 

Newly opened  My Ways Bar open air bar  Soi 9 Khao Noi.  Well worth taking a look

50 meters up the road from the Clover Bar 

Opened in early January. Just checked my map updates and see it was added in 27 Dec update, so sometime late December it opened.

Thanks for the info. Updated online spreadsheet to include additional info. Before I mark La Guinguette closed, I'll have a look to confirm next time I'm in the area.

La Guinguette (The guillotine) is open but lacks T/G's. The previous owner Bruno is back on the scene. Hopefully he will get a few warriors back on deck as he had done in the past! 

Today at 4 p.m. La Guinguette was closed, no cars or motorbikes outside.

La Guinguette has got nothing to do with a guillotine.

Guinguettes were French style beer gardens (or rather wine and spirit gardens) in the countryside where Parisians went drinking to avoid excessive excise taxes on alcohol.

Are you talking about Bruno The Belgian who owns Papagayo on Soi Diana Inn and who owned Blue Cat on Soi Khao Talo before it became Pacha?

He is a very tall guy, whereas the previous French owner of La Guinguette was a dwarf.

Guillotine was it's nickname by most of us locals. Had nothing to do with translation!  :Think1:

This Bruno is short dark haired and partially bald! He was a former partner with another french guy!

I go past regularly and it seems open & closed all the time??? :Disease1:

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

For your information

I have included several Dark Side bars in the app GoPtty - Venues

The purpose is to have only "girly bars" and/or "swimming pool" venues 

See also here

google play link:

IOS version:

itunes link:

If you have comments on the available DS bars in my list, please let me know. 

Also when a bar is nowadays not a "girly bar" anymore

Beer & Coffee is now called Amare Residence - Agoda entry says: Amare, formerly known as Beer & Coffee...

Photo from the Agoda hotel site:

Amare.jpg

PenXV

Now I'm in Thailand long-term  :Fantastic:

Lolitas :BJ3:  is my venue of preference when I'm in Bangkok

But I spend most of my time in Isaan; Khon Kaen or Nakhon Phanom

Beer & Coffee is now called Amare Residence - Agoda entry says: Amare, formerly known as Beer & Coffee...

Photo from the Agoda hotel site:

attachicon.gifAmare.jpg

PenXV

Thanks for the info. I think the old name is more informative, so will probably leave it listed as Beer & Coffee on the map until the old sign is replaced.

555   i live next door at chok chai 7 and havent even noticed the sign change.....

MAGNIFICENT MAROVO LAGOON :  A 4 WEEK FISHING ADVENTURE INTO THE WILDS OF THE SOLOMON ISLAND'S

WickedInstagram               WickedFacebook                 WickedTwitter               WickedTumblr

pattaya-addicts/TITS              SCOOTER RENTAL               Biking around Thailand and Beyond              

for more travel tales inc other countries, bike trips, check out my blog - Noddy'sAsianAdventures

I think Amare will be for the residence and Beer and Coffee for the cafe/bar. But I have not got any inside information.

Excuse my ignorance, but are all these bars basically "beer bars" with working girls in them?

Excuse my ignorance, but are all these bars basically "beer bars" with working girls in them?

Quite a few are beer bars with available ladies. Some are just places to eat and chill with a beer with no bar fineable ladies. And a few are a bit more upscale with swimming pools and available ladies.

Quite a few are beer bars with available ladies. Some are just places to eat and chill with a beer with no bar fineable ladies. And a few are a bit more upscale with swimming pools and available ladies.

Thx for the answer mate.

Looks like the bar on Soi Khoa Noi, previously Welcome inn has reopened as "Old Hounds". Hope it's not a description of the gals that will be working there.

Looks like the bar on Soi Khoa Noi, previously Welcome inn has reopened as "Old Hounds". Hope it's not a description of the gals that will be working there.

Noticed the new sign several weeks ago, but it's been dark every time I've gone past. Have you seen it open for business?

Was open last night but I did not drop in.

On Soi Khao Talo, between Emmy’s Bar and M Pub a new small girlie bar has opened: Rich’s (Lom) Bar.

On Soi Khao Noi Bamboo Bar has been closed for several days already.

On Soi Lablae Black Angels Bar has reopened with a whale sitting outside.

Northwest of Mabprachan Lake White Oyster Lounge is doing very well with more than ten girls in all ages and sizes.

If you throw some coins in the swimming pool the girls will get naked and dive to pick them up.

On Soi Khao Talo, between Emmy’s Bar and M Pub a new small girlie bar has opened: Rich’s (Lom) Bar.

On Soi Khao Noi Bamboo Bar has been closed for several days already.

On Soi Lablae Black Angels Bar has reopened with a whale sitting outside.

Northwest of Mabprachan Lake White Oyster Lounge is doing very well with more than ten girls in all ages and sizes.

If you throw some coins in the swimming pool the girls will get naked and dive to pick them up.

Thanks for the update. I'll update the map with the new bar and try and get confirmation that Bamboo is closed for good.

Some days ago I stopped at My Ways on Soi Khao Noi Soi 9.
There were a cashier/owner, a mamasan and a sturdy 38-year-old “girl”.
I was told their ladyboy had a day off.
Bottled Heineken 80 baht.
Barfines: ST one hour room included 350 baht, ST two hours room included 500 baht, LT 400 baht.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Was down at Aew yesterday. Took this photo on owner (to the left) and one of the ladys work there. Remember someone here say they dont have ladys.

But for some reason I cant post images ?

Was down at Aew yesterday. Took this photo on owner (to the left) and one of the ladys work there. Remember someone here say they dont have ladys.

But for some reason I cant post images ?

Click on the More Reply Options, you'll then see a screen to add photo attachments.