IGNORED

Up to Date Map and Reviews of Darkside Bars

forcebwithu

Excellent work! Hope to hop over to the DS on my next trip.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Brush Script MT';">Never Say Never</span></span></p><div><p><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">about 20 trips to LOS, next trip in Dec-15...</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">

The Pub is on the right-hand side of Soi Khao Talo when coming from Sukhumvit Road and The Local on the left-hand side.

It is not Kaho Talo Bar, but Khao Talo Bar.

Booze Lounge is on the left-hand side of Soi Khao Talo when coming from Sukhumvit Road.

Players Lounge on Soi Siam Country Club Soi 22 is at the other side (i.e. north) of the brook.

Due is on the left-hand side of Soi Siam Country Club when coming from Sukhumvit Road.

On the right-hand side of Soi Siam Country Club when coming from Sukhumvit Road, about 100 metres before (i.e. north of) Lucky Bar is The Venue.

Did have The Pub on the wrong side of Khao Talo. Corrected name of Khao Talo Bar. I see where the position of Booze Lounge appears a little off on Google Maps, but the position is correct when viewed in Google Earth. Since Google Earth is my starting point for ensuring correct positioning, I'll leave that one where it is. As far as I can tell, Players and Due are correct on both Earth and Maps, so not sure why you're seeing something different.

The new bar The Venue has been noted, along with the closure of Angel Bar Beer.

Should see the above changes next time I get around to uploading the files.

The Honey Pot on Nern Plab Wan has moved to the place right next door and some kind of cheaply furnished bar/restaurant has taken it's place.  I don't know the name of the place but they never seem to have customers or ladies, I wonder how long till they belly up and die.

Edited by Wolf Cat

The Honey Pot on Nern Plab Wan has moved to the place right next door and some kind of cheaply furnished bar/restaurant has taken it's place.  I don't know the name of the place but they never seem to have customers or ladies, I wonder how long till they belly up and die.

I'll have a look again, but I thought Honey Pot still runs both locations.

Did have The Pub on the wrong side of Khao Talo. Corrected name of Khao Talo Bar. I see where the position of Booze Lounge appears a little off on Google Maps, but the position is correct when viewed in Google Earth. Since Google Earth is my starting point for ensuring correct positioning, I'll leave that one where it is. As far as I can tell, Players and Due are correct on both Earth and Maps, so not sure why you're seeing something different.

The new bar The Venue has been noted, along with the closure of Angel Bar Beer.

Should see the above changes next time I get around to uploading the files.

I always look on Google Maps and I have to admit it is not always very clear on which side of the road the bars are.

The Venue on Soi Siam Country Club is a big venue (indeed) with a car park to match in front of it.

I have been at Angel Bar Beer recently and I am not really surprised to read they have closed.

The survival of the fittest I guess.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Bump to let BM's know the Darkside maps have been updated.

Updated: 30/10/2014

New Bars Added

- none

Bars Renamed

- Darkside2 Bar is now The Lair

- Rendezvous Bar is now The Ponderosa

- Blue Cat Bar is now Pacha

- Nana Bar is now Mobi's Bar

Added

- East Shore

Bars Closed

- Top 10 Beer Bar

Bar Reopened

- Anne’s Angels Bar is now reopened as Anna’s Angels Bar

Prev Update: 10/10/2014

Here are links to each format:

Google Maps (new link as the one in post #1 is busted)

Google Earth File To view you will need the Google Earth app on your computer. Also, best format for viewing on a smartphone. Once downloaded and opened in Google Earth you should see the date the file was last updated. Right clicking on the folder properties you'll also see in the description area a list of changes since the last update was published.

GPS xXchange Format (s/b able to import this file into any Sat/Nav system)

For those that would like the raw lat/long data.

Google Sheets (lat/long data for each bar)

Clicking the waypoints in Google Maps or Google Earth will display a photo of the respective bar.

If you know of new/renamed or closed bars, let me know so I can update the maps. If you can provide the GPS location and a pic, even better.

List of Darkside bars currently included on the map:

Anna’s Angels is Italian owned.

Rode by the bar several days ago and they still had the Mobi's Bar sign up. Someone let me know when the new name is up and I'll update the map.

The new Nifty's sign was up today.

Angel Bar Beer and New Bar are closed.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Does Peet Bar still exist?

Still there as recently as about 10 days ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump to let BM's know the Darkside maps have been updated.

Updated: 08/12/2014

New Bars Added

- Venue

Bars Renamed

- Mobi's Bar renamed Nifty's (they finally put the new sign up)

- Neptune's renamed My Friends

Bars Closed

- Angel Bar Beer

- New Bar

Prev Update: 30/10/2014

Here are links to each format:

Google Maps

Google Earth File To view you will need the Google Earth app on your computer. Also, best format for viewing on a smartphone. Once downloaded and opened in Google Earth you should see the date the file was last updated. Right clicking on the folder properties you'll also see in the description area a list of changes since the last update was published.

GPS xXchange Format (s/b able to import this file into any Sat/Nav system)

For those that would like the raw lat/long data.

Google Sheets (lat/long data for each bar)

Clicking the waypoints in Google Maps or Google Earth will display a photo of the respective bar.

If you know of new/renamed or closed bars, let me know so I can update the maps. If you can provide the GPS location and a pic, even better.

List of Darkside bars currently included on the map:

Good stuff, thanks. I am planning to visit the dark side during my upcoming January trip so this is most helpful! Cheers

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Brush Script MT';">Never Say Never</span></span></p><div><p><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">about 20 trips to LOS, next trip in Dec-15...</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">

Booms bar is closed,

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Booms bar is closed,

Thanks for the info. I'll update the bar list.

There's a new bar at the top of Nern Plab Wan, called "8 Ball" where the Honey Pot used to be (now Honey Pot moved next door).

There's a new bar at the top of Nern Plab Wan, called "8 Ball" where the Honey Pot used to be (now Honey Pot moved next door).

Thanks for the name. Wasn't sure what they were going to call it.

Bit a drama there a few weeks earlier. According to the owner, the cashier who used to work Honey Pot and moved to the 8 Ball, got into a spat with the owner and up and left with her small crew of ladies. Apparently they kissed and made up as the cashier was back last week.

Sorry doesn't have google earth. I apologise for asking but how do I get to Dark side from Soi 6?

You've done a great job here. Thanks. I'll have fun testing some of the goods.

Depend on nobody, rely on yourself

Sorry doesn't have google earth. I apologise for asking but how do I get to Dark side from Soi 6?

The darkside is in east Pattaya, the other side of Sukhumvit. The darkside is a large area. Easiest is to take a taxi and tell them to take you to Sukhumvit soi 53 which is one of the main bar areas in the darkside. It's a few kilometres long street with a bunch of bars. Have fun!

I think Go Gress has closed. Not been open for a couple of weeks now. 

Thanks for the update. I'll have a look next time I ride by to confirm.

Also noticed last night that USA Bar is closed, but the attached restaurant is still open.