Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Soi 6 Queen Victoria Inn

Hi There,

Although still a newbie in the extreme I have now travelled to Pattaya 6 or 7 times.

I really really wanted to be in near Soi 6 which better suits my interests but unfortunately I also like quiet rooms.

The first and only place that I have stayed is in the Queen Victoria Inn which is about 2/3rds of the way up Soi Six. I was fortunate enough to get put into the upper floor on one of the back rooms and I have stayed no where else since. I was really really pleased with it.

The rooms that I have stayed have been spacious and clean and have proper sized safety deposit boxes in, the showers have good water pressure and a water heater under the sink ensuring that you don't have to get up at 0400hrs to snaffle a hot shower. The upper floor rooms also have access via a rear stair case from soi 6/1 which if you are a bit shy like myself not having got used to the walk of shame yet is ideal.

The food is british fare mostly with some asisn and thai choices which I found excellent value and good quality. The real treat is a Sunday carvery though which is very nice indeed.

The downstairs is a British Themed pub, which is homely, quiet and a little insulated bubble in the middle of the chaos of Soi 6.

They provide an airport pick up from BKK which has been exemplary, I have used them everytime. I only had one issue once where they used a new driver who drove at 200km hr all the way racing with a freind they happend to see en route, then drove too far up Soi Six, refused to turn around and dragged my bags in the pissing rain 100m back up Soi 6 through the puddles of ditchwater. I mentioned this to them and I have not seen the driver since.

I have been very late arriving after delays occasionally and still the driver is there waiting to take me.

On my very first trip I had a real bad experience with a psychotic bar girl who having refused to produce ID spent ten mins screaming and shouting and arm waving with a tit having fallen out. I was mortified and dumbstruck, the staff asked me what I wanted to do, let her up or kick her out. I chose kick her out and with that the staff rallied around for me and ejected her onto the street. After this I sulked in the bar scared stiff to venture out again but the bar staff put some beers into me, patched up my pride and confidence and coaxed me back out to have the best night of the trip.

All in all I can not say enough about the Queen Vic. It matches my expectations, budget, location, and room requirements perfectly.

It is a good 25/30 min walk for a fat guy like me or a 5 min baht bus ride from Walking Street but I enjoy the walk up beach road and looking/partaking of the freelancers so again I find it a plus to be at that end of town. It is also just around the corner from the Thai Airlines office and a top class dentist if you need them

Give them a try, ask for a high room at the back if you don't want to be kept up all night and you will not be dissapointed.

I will be retunring in January and am looking forward to getting out on the town again

Thanks for the review. I have eaten there several times and the food was always good. I also remember the cute girls working there were always smiling and polite. I actually recently booked my next stay at Queen Victoria. After reading this I have no doubt I will be satisfied. Arriving in a few weeks, can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Just stayed a whole month at The Vic, the staff was awesome and they always took great care of me, and also had some great laughs at my stupid young newb ways. Problem was staying on the 6 it started way too early, I was partying earlier and burned through my budget in 2 and half weeks. Good thing I always bring extra.

Is there a link for the Vic as I am thinking of booking. I read about the place in one of Vessey's trip reports.

www.queenvicpattaya.com 

Don't want to burst bubbles but they are booked out over Xmas. I tried this week to reserve. No go

• 4 weeks later...

Haha, any hotel in Soi 6 that isn't girl friendly would lose all their business overnight.

I assume its girl friendly guys?

& friendly to LB's as well   :P

................................................................................................................

Archived