IGNORED

Hotel close to BTS/MRT for Bangkok virgin

Bek

Hi,

I will be spending a few days in Bangkok in a couple of days time, as I need to get a visa sorted, and it's a part of Thailand I always have avoided for some reason.

As I quite enjoy the "adventure" of public transport (and of course the prices) I would like to find a hotel, that is nearby a BTS/MRT station.

Price range would be anything up to 2000 baht a day, if it's worth the extra money.

Any recommendations?

I will bring my girlfriend, so don't really need to stay near the bar areas. A friend told me to go see Khao San road and a market nearby... That's about as much as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip, which led me to find a good deal on a hotel in Soi 33, with 5 minutes walk to the BTS.

Manhattan is terrible unless it's undergone a complete re-do. There's no good hotel on 33 IMO. The Lotus is decent if you get a refurbed room. It gets a lot of annoying Chinese tour groups though. You're on the right track though. Go a short walk up a couple Sois to 41 to Adelphi Grande. It's 100m down a quiet Soi, across from BTS Phrom Phong & Emporium Shopping Center, has a Tops Supermarket on the corner, big rooms, great pool & gym. It's one of my favorite hotels in BKK. LINK: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293916-d1396639-Reviews-Adelphi_Grande_Bangkok-Bangkok.html

Eightville on soi 8 use Agoda.com read the reviews.....24/7 tuk tuk up the street to nana bts station....can't go wrong imho ymmv

the asia hotel, the first floor walks straight out to the bts, ratsachewi station(sp?)

its right near mbk and the other big shopping centres

bit old now, but clean was around 1300? a night, haven't stayed there for few years.

you cant get closer to the bts, perfect for exploring bkk imo

get out in the morning rush and see some absolute stunners going to work

Member since Dec 06.

I'm staying at S33 compact hotel. Got a deal at 1200 a night, which is fine by me. The room is nice, decent aircon, and a proper shower for tall people! I noticed the Lotus further up the Soi, but I really dislike hotels that try to look fancy... I know who's paying for the expensive lobby and the nice water fountain outside ;)

stay away from khao san road. Only tourist, nothing to see ! Bangkok has much better to offer !

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

I'm staying at S33 compact hotel. Got a deal at 1200 a night, which is fine by me. The room is nice, decent aircon, and a proper shower for tall people! I noticed the Lotus further up the Soi, but I really dislike hotels that try to look fancy... I know who's paying for the expensive lobby and the nice water fountain outside ;)

I'd consider S33 for a layover. The room pics looked pretty good. Me, I need a good pool & gym. When you said 2000 baht, I thought you meant it. At that price you can get a really nice place.

I'd consider S33 for a layover. The room pics looked pretty good. Me, I need a good pool & gym. When you said 2000 baht, I thought you meant it. At that price you can get a really nice place.

I did mean it, but I was short on time for the booking, so took what I could find. I only spent two nights there - and the bed was actually pretty good!

Your suggestions are noted for next time, though.

Archived