Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A Review of Sanya Apartment

JASONTHAI

I stayed at Sanya Apartments on my last trip which is next to the big market on Soi Buckhow, this place had bad reviews a couple of years ago due to noise from the Karaoke bar next to it, but after looking at there web site I saw that the owner had done up the rooms and tried to sort out the noise problem, I had apartment no 14 and found out that the only noise can be at about 3/4 am when people talking/turning up outside the bar I did not hear any music from the Bar also the way the Apartment is the bedroom is at the back so you do not hear any noise unless you are in the front room so you can have a good nights sleep

The Apartment I had was 690 baht a day plus you had to pay for electric which was 7 baht a unit, I was using 23 units a day so the overall cost for the room worked out to be just over 850 baht a night

Here's some pics of Apartment 14 it is 45 sq meters in size

Picture_042.jpg

Picture_043.jpg

Picture_044.jpg

Picture_045.jpg

Picture_046.jpg

Picture_051.jpg

Picture_052.jpg

Picture_053.jpg

Picture_054.jpg

Picture_048.jpg

The room had a safe and also a mini bar, small kitchen area, a large AC unit, small TV with DVD player, you can borrow DVD's from them to watch, Remote controlled lighting for the bedroom & front room, hot water with good water pressure and they also had a small bath tub for kids, free WI-FI in room ( very good speed ) they also have a phone in the room which you can use to order food & drink from downstairs, breakfast is about 100 baht, all the furniture is new in the room as well, the room is cleaned daily and bedsheets are changed daily as well

Here's a link to there website

Sanya Apartment

Edited by JASONTHAI

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

Nice review. That's gotta be the biggest safe I've ever seen in a hotel room before. Too bad they don't have monthly rates for the rooms.

[center][size="3"][url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/21796-getting-to-los-in-one-piece-tips-for-surviving-the-flight/page__p__322708__fromsearch__1&#entry322708"]Getting to LOS in one piece, tips for surviving the flight[/url] [/size][size="3"] [color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Restaurant Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34723-benihanas-brunch-in-royal-garden-plaza/page__p__550523__fromsearch__1&#entry550523"]Benihana's Brunch[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40196-shabushi-restaurant-6th-fl-central-festival/page__p__642739__fromsearch__1&#entry642739"]Shabushi[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40224-central-festival-food-loft/"]Central Food Loft[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56291-rosabieng-restaurant-sukhumvit-soi-11/"]Rosabieng (Bangkok)[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34681-more-bar-and-grill-downstairs-from-the-marriott/page__p__549788__fromsearch__1&#entry549788"]More Bar and Grill[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34680-valentines-day-at-cherrys-on-third/page__p__549786__fromsearch__1&#entry549786"]Cherry's[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56293-bali-hai-sunset/"]Bali-Hai Sunset[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56294-so-who-wants-to-eat-shit/"]Shit[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56315-rogers-italian/page__gopid__879575&#entry879575"]Roger's Italian[/url] [/size][/center][center][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Hotel Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34823-mosaik-apartments-soi-daynight-2/page__p__551879__fromsearch__1&#entry551879"]Mosaik Apartments[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/37964-paragon-place-hotel-pattaya-nua-rd/page__p__605514__fromsearch__1&#entry605514"]Paragon Place[/url] [/size][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Trip Reports[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34867-a-short-visit-to-koh-chang/page__p__552510__fromsearch__1&#entry552510"]Koh Chang[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38011-khao-yai-national-park/page__p__606162__fromsearch__1&#entry606162"]Khao Yai National Park[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38006-songkran-in-the-village/page__p__606114__fromsearch__1&#entry606114"]Songkran in the Village[/url][/size] [/center]

Nice review. That's gotta be the biggest safe I've ever seen in a hotel room before. Too bad they don't have monthly rates for the rooms.

The safe is big enough to put your laptop inside, yea it is a pitty they don't do monthly rates but it's o.k for a few weeks stay

So it's an apartment, or hotel? You can do a week or so there, I suppose?

I'll have to check out the link. Only wish it was closer to Beach road.

Edited by jryanb

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

looks like a good place jason, cheers mate!!! defo one to keep in mind!!! looked like alot of space there too!!

looks like a good place jason, cheers mate!!! defo one to keep in mind!!! looked like alot of space there too!!

Yea there is plenty of space, 45 sq meters which is very big

Wow thats a great find, especially the bigger apartments, great value all round, their website has an occupancy chart so you can see what rooms are booked and when, unfortunately the only ones available when we will be there seem to be facing onto the market on the ground floor, and the owner himself says these rooms are not so private, and maybe not so quiet either, its a pity, if the larger apartments were available i would definitely stay here a few days,

nice find :-)

i did stay there in the past several times, but now it is on my black-list.

Until the karaoke next door opened, it was a great place to stay.

Loud noise from the karaoke is coming trough the walls, and it's LOUD noise, all night long.

Surprisingly, the noise is NOT loud on the street, but very annoying in your room, the bass-sounds ARE coming trough the wall.

Karaoke next door stays open until 6 in the morning, and fighting on the street between Thais karaoke-customers is common.

In the past, they did have a monthly rate, but, with their son coming into business as wel, only dayly rates.

And for sure, the son is out for your money, no more, no less. Ask him a question and he wil bite your nose.

Besides, have a look how he treats the girls working there, then you wil know about him.

These apartments wil be remebered to me as the place where sleeping is hard to do (unless you sleep at daytime)

Very unfriendly son (= the manager also), and spying eyes when you take someone to your room, they even rebuided

the enterance to the rooms trough the bar so they always see when and with whom you go to your room.

Because i did have a very bad encounter with the son overthere, my advice is: stay away.

But, the descision is all up to yourself. If you are deaf, you wil have a good time .

The good things: the rooms are unbelievable, VERY nice and VERY big rooms, DVD-player attached, thge best place to stay IF....

...these rooms on another location, and under friendly management would be simular to 2000-bath and up hotel rooms.

Ofcourse, could be they changed management and solved the noise-problem, but i am not willing to take the risk to stay there to find out.

So, if youy stay there, let us know how it is going these days..and if you did have a good sleep overthere.

And, watch out for the son, some Dutch Pattaya residents who know him, cal him "ettertje", that's something as "pain in the ass" in English.

Did u check the meter for electricit ? (check in-check out)

Some customer had problem with that before..

23 units per day look like a bit over the top..

I stayed at Sanya for 5 nights last October. Staff was good and helpful. Room was good and food brought in form ouside was also great.

Only problem was noise from karaoke next door and it was annoying.

Rooms look really good , don t fancy the karaoke next door , did it have many channels on the tv ?? cheers..................

I also have stayed at Sanya in April this year, strangely enough in room 14, it is on top floor, so 4 flights of stairs to climb. I could not fault the place, the staff are friendly, even gave my mate and me flowers when we left.

The son as refered to above is young, but I never had a problem with him at all. In fact booked to go back twice more this, the rooms are excellant value, get cleaned every day, laundry on site, not at hotel rates.

The karaoke is on the right side of building, if your room is on the left, you cant hear a thing.

Did u check the meter for electricit ? (check in-check out)

Some customer had problem with that before..

23 units per day look like a bit over the top..

Yea I checked at the beginning and every day to see how much I was using some days could be less than 20 some days more

Your have to remember that I was there with my family so the TV was being used from 6-7am until the afternoon also this place has a very big AC unit which we were using often, That uses a lot of electric and there is a notice on the door about using the AC also I did have my laptop with me and we left the kitchen light on all night as we had a small child with us , but I do agree with you 23 units in 1 days does seem high our house & shop in Korat only uses about 13 units a day but if we use the AC then this can go up to 19 units a day

I also have stayed at Sanya in April this year, strangely enough in room 14, it is on top floor, so 4 flights of stairs to climb. I could not fault the place, the staff are friendly, even gave my mate and me flowers when we left.

The son as refered to above is young, but I never had a problem with him at all. In fact booked to go back twice more this, the rooms are excellant value, get cleaned every day, laundry on site, not at hotel rates.

The karaoke is on the right side of building, if your room is on the left, you cant hear a thing.

Yea that's how I worked it out, get the room away from the bar, room 14 is great I can not speak for the rest but for 850 baht a night and to get a room this size and so close to all the action is great, I never had a bad nights sleep due to noise and the bosses son's seemed o.k,

• 1 year later...

i think iv found my hotel 4 my stay dont care about the noise coz ill probably be the one singing away on the kareoke till 6 am

• 2 weeks later...

This review was very helpfull as I have been looking at various reviews about this place but you mention room 12 is not noisy which is the room I have booked.

I have only stayed in apartments 14 & 15 in both rooms I never had a problem with any sound when I was sleeping, I have booked apartment 14 again for my August trip, if you look at there website they are offering 15% off in May, June & August, so rooms will cost between 500 - 600 baht a night plus electric

I have only stayed in apartments 14 & 15 in both rooms I never had a problem with any sound when I was sleeping, I have booked apartment 14 again for my August trip, if you look at there website they are offering 15% off in May, June & August, so rooms will cost between 500 - 600 baht a night plus electric

Thanks again Jasonthai

My only concern is that it will be Songkran and as you know they party all night long in Pattaya, anyway I think I will give it a shot and stay there.

• 5 months later...

LATEST UPDATE

The bar next door has closed down so no problem with sound in any of the rooms, Sanya has brought the bar and she is at present converting it into more apartments (about 10 more) rooms have also been upgraded with new big digital safes

I stayed here 3 weeks ago and again another great stay, and it was almost fully booked in the low season !

have just booked five weeks at sanya apartments and have just got a email back that said that the karaoke bar is no longer there as they have taken it over and have turned it in to more apartments so with the price and what i have been reading about the place on site i think it good value

have just booked five weeks at sanya apartments and have just got a email back that said that the karaoke bar is no longer there as they have taken it over and have turned it in to more apartments so with the price and what i have been reading about the place on site i think it good value

This is what I have just said lol

This is what I have just said lol

hi jason you said you have stay there what are the bar girls like just incase i come back one night by myself then change my maid lol

hi jason you said you have stay there what are the bar girls like just incase i come back one night by myself then change my maid lol

I have heard that the girls that work there are available after they finish work :D

Good review. I have stayed just a few meters down the road at QD sweets and like it quite a lot as well. It's only a touch pricier.