IGNORED

Gulf Air - any good?

DRFRANKIE

Hi Folks,

Has anybody flown with Gulf Air, they got a good price of £465 going on.

It is from London Heathrow, a quick stopover in Bahrain.

Any good/bad reviews??

Seats are hard like a rock, unless you will pick the 1st or business seats.

1 more thing. Too many passengers lost their butts on arrival.

Older planes than the other Middle East carriers, Emirates, Etihad,Qatar etc. IMO, but good enough.

Airport not too big, a good duty free, I'm guessing you will have about 2 x 7 hours flights with them one way, if the price is good go for it, would be my advice.

The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental.

I think it is horrible... Bad service, bad seats, bad in-flight entertainment... Just bad. The flights are OLD, and it shows in the cabins.

Compared to other Middle East company's, it 3-4 steps down. The in-flight entertainment is the kind that go on a loop. Only half of the cabin has been upgraded (the front part). The food is better avoided, and I have yet to try that they will serve you a decent drink.

I have made the Bangkok-Bahrain and vice versa numerous times, and it's always a hell to got through.

Even the business class is shit. Sure, the seat goes completely flat, but again the in-flight entertainment is a joke. Last time I got handed some sort of Tablet-thingy with a bunch of movies. When I pay for business, I expect a decent screen. The food was better than economy though, they were just cheap on the portion size.

The airport in Bahrain/Manama is also pretty poor. It's always so damn cold, and there's nowhere to get a decent meal, if you are not hooked on junk.

The absolutely only good thing, is that the flights are often more empty than full. 3 times I have had the pleasure of sleeping across 4 seats in the middle.

Mind you, I have only done the Bahrain-Bangkok (and vice versa) leg with them, and some "domestic" flights between the neighboring countries. Still, it would have to be a very good deal for me to even consider them, if I have to pay myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have flown gulf air quite a bit between bahrain and Oman no issues

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

They are ok.  Definitely not in the same league as Qatar or Emirates.  The Bahrain airport is small but there are enough food and drinking options (although both bars are not easy to find).  They have seatback TVs in economy but they don't work well (limited choice of movies and lots of static on the screen).  As mentioned previously, the best part is that the flights are usually half empty so you can find some open space to stretch out.

Archived