IGNORED

FB Messenger

nixonsbest

It's a pain in the arse! Is there away around not using it.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Delete it !

If you uninstall it, you can't send a message!

iPhone or android?

Android

If you uninstall it, you can't send a message!

Android

Uninstall the messenger app then use the facebook app to send messages that will only appear as a notification but will come up as a message when you open facebook

Facebook: Damo Damo

Thai Phone: 09 4332 9734

First Report (not first trip)

Next Trip - SONGKRAN 2015

Pattaya Pattaya......... Poo ying love you mak mak

Uninstall the messenger app then use the facebook app to send messages that will only appear as a notification but will come up as a message when you open facebook

I uninstalled the messenger app! On the facebook app message comes that I have to install messenger and can't send a message.

Shouldnt do

Facebook: Damo Damo

Thai Phone: 09 4332 9734

First Report (not first trip)

Next Trip - SONGKRAN 2015

Pattaya Pattaya......... Poo ying love you mak mak

Step 1
Uninstall Facebook messenger

Step 2
Make sure you have Unknown sources enabled from device settings

Step 3
Create a new (empty) android project with the package name com.facebook.orca

The only validation that the facebook app does is checking to find if an app with package name com.facebook.orca is installed on the phone, when it finds the project you have created it stops trying to download messenger and you should be able to use facebook messages without it.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

Step 1

Uninstall Facebook messenger

Step 2

Make sure you have Unknown sources enabled from device settings

Step 3

Create a new (empty) android project with the package name com.facebook.orca

The only validation that the facebook app does is checking to find if an app with package name com.facebook.orca is installed on the phone, when it finds the project you have created it stops trying to download messenger and you should be able to use facebook messages without it.

Thanks mate! how do I create a new android project.

Sent from my GT-S7560M

using Tapatalk

OK you might not want to try this, as it is developer level but the answer is here http://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/creating-project.html#CommandLine

I can create an apk file for you I.E. the project file and write instruction of how to install it, if you want to try that?

Or try this...

After uninstalling messenger

1. Go to Play Store and disable Auto-Update for Facebook.

2. Go to Apps - Facebook and Clear Data. Then Force Close the application.

3. Start Facebook, login and go to messages, click "Remind Later"

This should re-enable native chat in facebook, I think.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

A couple of months ago FB wouldn't let me send a message without first installing messenger. I refused to install messenger and just started using my browser for FB where I had no problem sending messages.

I read at that time a lot of complaining about this new FB strategy and within a week FB stopped insisting on people installing and using messenger.

I use iphone but I think the problem was universal.

If all else fails, use your phone browser instead of the FB app.

OK you might not want to try this, as it is developer level but the answer is here http://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/creating-project.html#CommandLine

I can create an apk file for you I.E. the project file and write instruction of how to install it, if you want to try that?

Or try this...

After uninstalling messenger

1. Go to Play Store and disable Auto-Update for Facebook.

2. Go to Apps - Facebook and Clear Data. Then Force Close the application.

3. Start Facebook, login and go to messages, click "Remind Later"

This should re-enable native chat in facebook, I think.

Thanks again, I've had a few beers tonight so will give it a go tomorrow.

In the messenger app can you stop the contacts profile hovering around?

Archived