Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Baht Bus System

Khun Scalawag

Here is the best information I've seen so far on transportation is Pattaya,

http://www.pattaya-information.com/Transport.htm

The Baht Bus system is the cheapest form of transportation, other than walking in Pattaya. The charge for Farangs (that is you, a foreigner) is 10 Baht, for the Thai, 5 Baht.

If you ask a Baht Bus Driver to take you anywere directly, you have just hired him as a private Taxi and he will charge you, probably 100 Baht. Most Baht Bus drivers are honest businessmen, but some are a subculture into themselves and we should be allowed to hunt them down and :Hi-jack:

:Hug1:

Once when I didn't feel like walking I asked one how much to take me directly to my designation, expecting him to say, 100 Baht. When he said, 170 Baht, I told him where he could put his bus.

As you will read at the link above, don't take one that is parked unless you want to hire him as a private taxi. If you know the route you are on, wave one down, don't say anything, just get in the back. When you get into the area of your designation, ring the bell, get off, walk to the window on the curb side and hand the driver 10 Baht and walk away. Don't talk to him. Not necessary.

Always have small change. Don't expect them to have change. If you give them a 20 or 50 Baht note some of the subculture variety will try and drive away without giving you change. Don't let go of the note until he hands you your change.

When you are boarding or gettng off a Baht Bus (or out of any car or taxi anywhere in Thailand) watch out of the total idiots, Thai and Farang, on motorbikes who will try and go between the bus and the curb.

The Baht Buses that have a white stripe painted along the bottom of the door are suppose to go to Jomtien, but not always. The last 3 out 4 I've taken with the white stripe, as I wanted to go towards the south end of Walking Street, did not go in the direction of Jomtien and I had to get off at the corner of South Pattaya Road and Second Road. The drivers pretty much do what they want.

Good Luck.

Edited by Khun Scalawag

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a link to street maps of Pattaya and Jomtien?

Case in point :- I spent ages searching on-line street maps for the Rockhouse on Soi LK Metro.

I can't find it on any on-line maps (except the Rockhouse website :Chokdee: )

A link to a good (up-to-date) mongers street map of the Pattay and Jomtien would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Work Hard, Ride Hard, Play Hard, Stay Hard

Does anyone have a link to street maps of Pattaya and Jomtien?

Case in point :- I spent ages searching on-line street maps for the Rockhouse on Soi LK Metro.

I can't find it on any on-line maps (except the Rockhouse website :Chokdee: )

A link to a good (up-to-date) mongers street map of the Pattay and Jomtien would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I have just posted some Pattaya maps here.

Here is an image I catured from Wikimapia and edited. You'll need to rotate it in your mind to make it fit with the maps I gave you a link to above.

Soi_LK_Metro.jpg

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the best information I've seen so far on transportation is Pattaya,

http://www.pattaya-information.com/Transport.htm

The Baht Bus system is the cheapest form of transportation, other than walking in Pattaya. The charge for Farangs (that is you, a foreigner) is 10 Baht, for the Thai, 5 Baht.

If you ask a Baht Bus Driver to take you anywere directly, you have just hired him as a private Taxi and he will charge you, probably 100 Baht. Most Baht Bus drivers are honest businessmen, but some are a subculture into themselves and we should be allowed to hunt them down and :Hi-jack:

:Raspberry6:

Once when I didn't feel like walking I asked one how much to take me directly to my designation, expecting him to say, 100 Baht. When he said, 170 Baht, I told him where he could put his bus.

As you will read at the link above, don't take one that is parked unless you want to hire him as a private taxi. If you know the route you are on, wave one down, don't say anything, just get in the back. When you get into the area of your designation, ring the bell, get off, walk to the window on the curb side and hand the driver 10 Baht and walk away. Don't talk to him. Not necessary.

Always have small change. Don't expect them to have change. If you give them a 20 or 50 Baht note some of the subculture variety will try and drive away without giving you change. Don't let go of the note until he hands you your change.

When you are boarding or gettng off a Baht Bus (or out of any car or taxi anywhere in Thailand) watch out of the total idiots, Thai and Farang, on motorbikes who will try and go between the bus and the curb.

The Baht Buses that have a white stripe painted along the bottom of the door are suppose to go to Jomtien, but not always. The last 3 out 4 I've taken with the white stripe, as I wanted to go towards the south end of Walking Street, did not go in the direction of Jomtien and I had to get off at the corner of South Pattaya Road and Second Road. The drivers pretty much do what they want.

Good Luck.

Some of the information in the link is somewhat out of date. For example, it refers to 2nd Road being one way as far as Central Road. As most of you will know, it is some time since 2nd Road was 2 - way between North and Central Roads.

I stay in View Talay 2 and when travelling into Pattaya pay 10 baht as far as Central Road. When I go past Central Road I offer 20 baht and for some strange reason never get offered any change. :001_Sawasdee:

Last night, a group of 7 Americans got on the bus opposite View Talay along with myself. On the way into town, a couple of them were boasting about how low they manage to get the price down when haggling. In fact, they were of the opinion that if you didn't walk away and have the stall owner running after you you were paying too much!

Anyway, the driver of the baht bus stops at the lights at Central Pattaya Road and asks them where they were going. They tell him BigC and he quotes a price (I didn't hear the price but it could have been 20 baht each (?). The Americans were adamant that they wouldn't pay any more than 10 baht. The driver shakes his head and the Americans proceeded to get off the bus without paying. No doubt they'd be boasting about this later. Fucking ignorant arseholes! I suspect they would have done the same if the driver had just turned left without asking first.

I stayed on the bus in the hope that he would go straight on to spite them but he didn't so I too had to get off. He almost drove off again before I could pay but I hurried round and paid my 10 baht - to make the point that I had nothing to do with them if nothing else.

Alan

Had a right to do with a baht bus driver a couple of weeks a go. Well not so much me as my girlfriend. Went down the alley from Walking Street past the JP bar/Blues Factory out on to the main road to get a baht bus up to Soi 2. We want a private hire and the girlfriend asks the driver how much. It's usually 100 baht. The driver wants 150 baht. Thanks but no thanks. However the girlfriend starts to get into an arguement with this baht bus driver. I mean they are going hammer and tong at it in thai. From what i cant gather afterwards the driver says to my girl friend she sells her pussy for money. She comes back with something about his mothers pussy. At this the driver gives her a full on right hook to the chin. Can this girl take a punch or what, she hardly flinched. At this point she is ready to tear his heart out and he's up for some more so i quickly get in between them and stop it going any further. She storms off to the police in Walking Street to report the driver to the police but they didn't want to know. She wants to go the the hospital, ok we'll go to the hospital. While we are waiting for the xray results the baht bus driver and a couple of his family arrive at the hospital asking her not to go to the police. She says ok for 2000 baht but agrees to 1000 baht. This female member of the family gets out the biggest wad of thai money i have seen and gives the girlfriend 1000 baht. Really great piece of haggling dear, the hospital bill comes to 1300 baht !!.

• 2 years later...

Can someone answer a question..So, I am standing out in front of The Avenue and I am too lazy to walk to beach road to get the baht bus to Walking Street....If, I get into a baht bus going North-as long as- I don't say anything to the baht bus driver, and stay on- will HE- eventually, do the loop around one of the sois, and then head down beach road to Walking Street, or does he stop somewhere else? Do I need to ask him --then, driving up the cost???? What are the routes??

Or, do I just need to suck it up and walk down 13-1 to beach and then take one?

I wish some enterprising expat monger could come up with a booklet with the baht bus routes,map, colors of the buses, etc. and directions--for newbies to purchase..I would buy one..Hell, A book with Monger hotels, no joiner fees, recommended restaurants, recommended go gos, average bar fines, good bars, bar fines...Someone could make some money I am sure.... It's probably already been done??? Has It? and where do I purchase it.. Thanks...

Can someone answer a question..So, I am standing out in front of The Avenue and I am too lazy to walk to beach road to get the baht bus to Walking Street....If, I get into a baht bus going North-as long as- I don't say anything to the baht bus driver, and stay on- will HE- eventually, do the loop around one of the sois, and then head down beach road to walking street, or does he stop somewhere else? Do I need to ask him --then, driving up the cost???? What are the routes??

Or, do I just need to suck it up and walk down 13-1 to beach and then take one?

They may loop left or right, so you may have to jump off anyway to grab one heading towards Beach Road.

In my experience it also depends if you're the last guy on the bus. If you are, he may just pull over and kick you out after the "work" of driving you a hundred yards beyond where the last people got out. That happed to me a couple times. But although annoying as hell, it's usually no big deal since you'll likely be able to continue on another one a minute or two later.

So as satisfying as it might have been to watch the driver vainly try to fish his broken teeth out of a puddle of his own blood with two sets of broken fingers, it's probably better to avoid the confrontation and just move on when that happens.

-Smelly

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Had a right to do with a baht bus driver a couple of weeks a go. Well not so much me as my girlfriend. Went down the alley from Walking Street past the JP bar/Blues Factory out on to the main road to get a baht bus up to Soi 2. We want a private hire and the girlfriend asks the driver how much. It's usually 100 baht. The driver wants 150 baht. Thanks but no thanks. However the girlfriend starts to get into an arguement with this baht bus driver. I mean they are going hammer and tong at it in thai. From what i cant gather afterwards the driver says to my girl friend she sells her pussy for money. She comes back with something about his mothers pussy. At this the driver gives her a full on right hook to the chin. Can this girl take a punch or what, she hardly flinched. At this point she is ready to tear his heart out and he's up for some more so i quickly get in between them and stop it going any further. She storms off to the police in walking Street to report the driver to the police but they didn't want to know. She wants to go the the hospital, ok we'll go to the hospital. While we are waiting for the xray results the baht bus driver and a couple of his family arrive at the hospital asking her not to go to the police. She says ok for 2000 baht but agrees to 1000 baht. This female member of the family gets out the biggest wad of thai money i have seen and gives the girlfriend 1000 baht. Really great piece of haggling dear, the hospital bill comes to 1300 baht !!.

lol great story! has your mrs got a sister i love a woman with a bit of fight in her!

• 3 weeks later...
lol great story! has your mrs got a sister i love a woman with a bit of fight in her!

Im sure this is silly question..

Does Baht Bus have route that goes up Naklua Road.

I have a special little piece of arse I need to see at Ryans Bar on Naklua Road...

:P:GoldenSmile1::10::10::CumOnFace::CumOnFace::Party5::Clap8::BJ1::BJ1:

Im sure this is silly question..

Does Baht Bus have route that goes up Naklua Road.

I have a special little piece of arse I need to see at Ryans Bar on Naklua Road...

:GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1::10::10::CumOnFace::CumOnFace::Party5::Clap8::BJ1::BJ1:

Just get the baht bus at North Pattaya round about at 2nd Rd. The cost will be 10B.

• 1 month later...

Originally I was paying 50B to use the buses untill this thai girl told me it was 10B, if you just hop off and hand over 10B and walk its usually ok, only once did the bus try shouting after me that it was 150B, I didnt ask him to go to a specific location I just hopped on with the thais then hopped off. When he shouted 150B I turned laughed and said mai cup, that means no thanks right? Cant blame him for trying

Is sex dirty? Only if it's done right.

- Woody Allen

Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning.

- George W Bush

Never drink water, fish fuck in it. Drink beer instead.

- Nice Guy 2010