Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Opey De Place - Guest nationality restriction by hotel.

Lord Necros

A business decision. Similar to making the blacks stand in the back of the bus while white folks sat in the front - because that way the bus company could get white people to use the bus at all?

Anyway, not gonna argue racism with someone on the net. Its a hefty topic and people have their own opinions.

Just wanted to update the thread with the reply from Agoda. I raised a support ticket with them complaining about this specific feature. This is what I got:

Greeting from Agoda.com !

Thank you for your email.

Please note that this hotel operates exclusive contracts with other vendors to service specific markets and 
thus these rates do not apply to nationals of Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Should you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Agoda Customer Support Team

So overall this sounds less ominous and more in line with what some other members suggested (tie up with tour operators?).

Or it just may be the PC/manager talk explanation for this feature.

Either way, I will not be using this hotel.

There are far better options for me to use.

And I will be using booking.com more often.

owned by the same company... priceline.com, Agoda.com and booking.com   all the same company.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/207964-understanding-indians-guide-to-profiling-the-indian-traveller-correctly/?hl=indians

This is a great explanation of the various "types" of men that come to Pattaya from India.

The "trader" type seems to be the ones that create all the predictable reactions and attitudes we are all aware of.

Is it racist to not like these "trader" types?

I found this thread illuminating.

owned by the same company... priceline.com, agoda.com and booking.com   all the same company.

Yup Always better to avoid these guys altogether, only thing there good for is driving up prices anyways.

I've said it before, I Always deal with the hotel personally, that way I get a better idea of what kind of people I'm dealing with and so far, I haven't been to a hotel in Thailand yet that wouldn't give me a better deal than the agencies.

I use Agoda in part because it helps support the forum...  just booked two nights at the President Solitaire on soi 11 in BKK for 50 bucks a night...  pretty good rate, it is often 100 or more.

I use Agoda in part because it helps support the forum...  just booked two nights at the President Solitaire on soi 11 in BKK for 50 bucks a night...  pretty good rate, it is often 100 or more.

And your supporting a multinational that is rapidly cornering the market and driving up hotel prices. Why not just save yourself the money and donate that money if you wish to support?

And your supporting a multinational that is rapidly cornering the market and driving up hotel prices. Why not just save yourself the money and donate that money if you wish to support?

is that what you do?

good for you.

is that what you do?

good for you.

Nope I've invested the money I saved in supporting many poor Issaan families.  :)

I got the same feeling.Many "insider deals" ,50% discounts etc... but actually the hotels are getting very expensive.

You can book much cheaper with ebookers when using promo codes,but yes the selection of hotels is limited.

I noticed you can book direct on that hotel's website. It would be interesting if you could get a private booking there with Indian nationality. I can't try as I am not Indian.

you lucky bastard

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

It sure looks to me like the hotel is not banning a nationality at all. On the contrary, it is booking many of them as tour groups and, in return for getting the tour group business, has agreed not to book rooms for them at Agoda's discounted rates.

When I went to Korea, the hotel I stayed in had a note on the web "no Japanese." At the time, I assumed it was due to the way Japan treated Korea when they invaded and took it over before WWII. After seeing this I am now inclined to think it may have been the same kind of deal with group tours.

It sure looks to me like the hotel is not banning a nationality at all. On the contrary, it is booking many of them as tour groups and, in return for getting the tour group business, has agreed not to book rooms for them at Agoda's discounted rates.

This is exactly the reason.

The hotel or booking service gets guaranteed business through travel agencies or tour groups from certain countries, and as part of the contract agrees not to give rooms to nationals of those countries below the travel/tour rate.

Not racism.

This is exactly the reason.

The hotel or booking service gets guaranteed business through travel agencies or tour groups from certain countries, and as part of the contract agrees not to give rooms to nationals of those countries below the travel/tour rate.

Not racism.

Ok. So next time I will book my room I have to try it with Indian nationality. If I'm blocked , I know there will be lot of them. Thanks for the info.

Ok. So next time I will book my room I have to try it with Indian nationality. If I'm blocked , I know there will be lot of them. Thanks for the info.

and then what will you do?

hahahahahahaha!

and then what will you do?

hahahahahahaha!

I will book my old trusty hotel with lot of old man starting to drink beer and speaking language noone can understand 9am in the pool. I will fit the crowd perfectly as I don't mind their stuff and they don't mind mine :GoldenSmile1:

I will book my old trusty hotel with lot of old man starting to drink beer and speaking language noone can understand 9am in the pool. I will fit the crowd perfectly as I don't mind their stuff and they don't mind mine :GoldenSmile1:

What hotel would be youre "old trusty" one?

That's because you are not at the receiving end.

Honestly, this topic has been done to death. Obnoxious people exist across nationalities. The open minded get it, the bigoted try to justify.

Enough said.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I note the flag you are flying - of course everybody does not behave the same, but I have friends managing hotels and taking into account their horror stories about some guests' nationalities, I can very well understand that hotel's policy.

What hotel would be youre "old trusty" one?

Take a look at this thread: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/181765-hotel-dania-soi-buakhao/ You as being Norwegian propably would understand something the punters there are bantering after the whole day of drinking their favorite beer :GoldenSmile1:

another proof thats how rascist and dick brained these thais are.

its sad that they follow buddhism as the religion speaks just the opposite of what they do.

Archived