IGNORED

double entry from London Embassy

penboy

How quickly does the Thai Embassy return a tourist application?

I'm doing two trips to LOS this winter, the 2nd entry will be on 12th Jan. Can I apply now for a double entry or do I have to wait a while. I know that the 1st entry has to be used within 3 months of issue, but not sure when 2nd has to be used.

somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but i think you have six months from issue to use the second entry

SN7tukw.gif

I went to the embassy in kensington on a Wednesday last year and collected my passport on the Friday....

Try to get there early to avoid a queue, closes at noon I think....

Not sure really the date question

A bit out of the way but the Thai Consulate in Hull will issue in approx 1 hour.

Got a triple entry there last week, hand over application form, passport and cash and 35mins later was walking out the door with the visa.

Don't think any of the other consulates in London etc have this 1 hour turnaround but Hull does it if your in a hurry to get LOS  :GoldenSmile1:

I sent my passport for a double entry visa on a Monday via Royal Mail special delivery

To the london Thai embassy

Passport returned the following Thursday

Total time 4 days

A bit out of the way but the Thai Consulate in Hull will issue in approx 1 hour.

Got a triple entry there last week, hand over application form, passport and cash and 35mins later was walking out the door with the visa.

Don't think any of the other consulates in London etc have this 1 hour turnaround but Hull does it if your in a hurry to get LOS  :GoldenSmile1:

Did you have a return  ticket or just a single also do you know when you have to use the last entry by?

thanks

No they don't ask for a ticket when issuing the visa. ( I didn't have mine booked incase there were "dramas" getting my triple entry) Spoke with a couple of guys there  getting visas who have used one way tickets before and no probs.

I know approx 4 years years ago Thai airways would not check me in with my one way at Heathrow and had to go online and book onward ticket to Singapore BUT  I didn't have any kind of visa in passport and was just gonna turn up at swampy and get the normal 30day entry as my work was booking onward travel to OZ for a work  stint so was waiting for that ticket.

Could depend on Airline but if they see a visa in your passport good chance won't have any probs with a one way ticket

At the Consulate they simply put the visa in your passport with a date of 6 months from the date of issue stamped on the visa then "up to you" when travel!!

As I was travelling within a few days I didn't ask if that 6 month date was the expiry of the visa i.e. your last entry must happen before that date or you must activate before that date 

Have read on here that the clock starts ticking from date of issue but not so sure about that, a quick call or mail to the thai consulate in Hull or any of the consulates/embassies would clear that one up.

Forgot to say had a return ticket of roughly 6 months when going thru swampy as given all the "hub-ub" lately with visas and entries didn't want any probs as have quite a few entry stamps from previous recent visits.

No hassle / questions at all with immigration going thru at swampy few days ago :GoldenSmile1:

Forgot to say had a return ticket of roughly 6 months when going thru swampy as given all the "hub-ub" lately with visas and entries didn't want any probs as have quite a few entry stamps from previous recent visits.

No hassle / questions at all with immigration going thru at swampy few days ago :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks for your help mate so i think i will wait till the week before and then just apply for my visa

Thanks

Archived