IGNORED

New bikes spotted in Patts

gogo dog

Recently noticed two new bikes I had not seen before in the Pattaya showrooms.

The first is the Yamaha SR400. I've always fancied one of these old bikes but every one I have seen has been on a red plate. Seems Yamaha have started making them again but at B265,000 I won't be buying one.

sr400.jpg

The second is the Honda CB650F. It's a mid size in-line four in an upright/streetfighter style at B285,000. Looks smart in the yellow colour scheme.

cb650f.jpg

Not a fan of those deliberately retro bikes but the Honda looks very nice especially those 4 downpipes.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

@pepe its not really deliberately retro its more a re-issue, be interesting to see what "bling" that "new" model creates,

one things for certain the local bike market is growing rapidly

the range of models has gone thru the roof, compared with when I first came back in 06, when the biggest bike you could buy I think was a phantom 200?

still all those models are relatively low tech, have a look at those forks on the cbr

Member since Dec 06.

@gogo woofer, talking about the sr400

seems to me that thais in that market are not that price sensitive

and will buy them to be the first on the block with one

no matter the price

when I was up in loei a 3 of my thai mates had all bought these monstrosities, I even refused an offer to take it for a spin!

goldwing.png

Member since Dec 06.

@pepe its not really deliberately retro its more a re-issue, be interesting to see what "bling" that "new" model creates,

Fair point well made Layow. Yes it would be fair to say that I am less critical of an updated reissue than I would be of a completely retro styled new bike.

I'm not normally a fan of BMWs with 2 wheels but this is an exception http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/new-bmw-r1200r-confirmed/25529.html

Captureq.jpg

Captureh.jpg

Capturej.jpg

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

@pepe....

those designs just leave me cold, I haven't been able to catch on with that fairly recent look

its always amusing to me to see the butt ugly number plate hangers dangling in mid air ruining the look and flow

imagesSMB5EUEB.jpg

Member since Dec 06.

You'll like these guys then http://thebikeshed.cc/

The plates are put there by the manufacturers. Most people re site them somewhere better.

The new monster is in a particularly stupid place

Ducati-Monster-1200-S-2.jpg

RULES

1NQq.gif

hmmm well at least they see the problem

yeah its a government spec, luckily in los no one much cares if you stick them up under the rear guard/seat

doubt they get away with it in Australia, not sure, but most likely an un-roadworthy notice, a fine and certain amount of time to rectify it, and have to go to the rego office to get it cleared

Member since Dec 06.

Wouldn't mind a Yamaha T-max (enduro) myself.

yamaha-tcross-hyper-modified-2014-22-11-620x350.jpg

Nice bikes Yamaha SR 400s, second hand can be got for much less. There used to be a night market near Lat Prao Bkk on Saturdays that had many used bikes . Dont know if its still there. But watch the paperwork, take a reliable trusworthy Thai friend to do the sorting.

Not a fan of those deliberately retro bikes but the Honda looks very nice especially those 4 downpipes.

Not really a retro bike just an old bike that Yamaha have started making again. I guess it's had a few changes but it's pretty much the same as all the 30+ year old SRs you see on the streets in Thailand.

Not really a retro bike just an old bike that Yamaha have started making again. I guess it's had a few changes but it's pretty much the same as all the 30+ year old SRs you see on the streets in Thailand.

Yeah layow already pointed out my glaring error. I'd imagine disc brakes is one of those changes

RULES

1NQq.gif

I do, just spent the last hour on their website.

Great isn't it. Can you spot me in this pic? :) :)

http://thebikeshed.cc/2013/10/13/distinguished-gents-13/

DGRide13-1.jpg

RULES

1NQq.gif

The first is the Yamaha SR400. I've always fancied one of these old bikes but every one I have seen has been on a red plate. Seems Yamaha have started making them again but at B265,000 I won't be buying one.

attachicon.gifsr400.jpg

The second is the Honda CB650F. It's a mid size in-line four in an upright/streetfighter style at B285,000. Looks smart in the yellow colour scheme.

attachicon.gifcb650f.jpg

I'm hiring a new cb650f from Chiang Mai in a few weeks, can't wait to see how it handles!

still all those models are relatively low tech, have a look at those forks on the cbr

Yes, even the Zoomer-X has USD forks.

Great isn't it. Can you spot me in this pic? :) :)

Dapper looking bunch of bikers there, I'll get my microscope.

attachicon.gifsr400.jpg

attachicon.gifcb650f.jpg

What do you mean by being in a red plate?

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

What do you mean by being in a red plate?

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Red number plates are temporary plates issued to new or unregistered vehicles or used vehicles where the tax/duty has not yet been paid. The BiB take a much keener interest in vehicles with red plates.

Sent from my Cray XK7

@pepe

im going with this is you

Nope and nope :)

Who else but the guy at the front with his arm round the blonde hottie

Oh I wish but sadly no again! :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

I'm going with..............

...............not yet anyway.

Mr H sent me this video of the CB650F

Well he had his hazards on (some of the time) so I suppose it was OK.

Not 'mr h' riding it obviously.   :LOL2:

Just stole this from FB. 

10676354_1493840927531574_8679206471098805450_n.jpg

More interesting bikes featured here.............https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007170422693

Archived