Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Lost passbook

chinaski

After 20 years I managed to lose my Kbank passbook and ATM card together (lost bag at airport Budapest) Anyone had same experience ? Currently in Belgium I will call to Kbank later to block all, November back in LOS

mobiel

Easy. Go to the police station. Make a statement about the lost. Go to the bank and get a new one. NB: maybe the police officier won t understand ask the bank employee to write What happened and vive the note to the police.

Thais: the nicest people money can buy.

Thanks, but I will have to call to block the account now, as people who have both the book and card could empty my account I was told.

mobiel

Ooh good luck!

My BK bank passbook ran out of pages so I went into a main branch in BK to get a new one. After initially being told 'cannot' I was eventually told 'can' but the hoops I had to go through were beyond belief. I must have signed something at least 10 times, went through 3 different people at 3 different desks. Took about an hour and a half. And that was for a full up book, dread to think what would happen if I lost one.

Conversely when I lost my ATM card I popped into a branch in Pattaya and walked out with a new one in about 15 mins flat!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Been happy with Kbank service so far, I am customer for more than 20 yrs, first time this happens though, and still +200.000 baht on that account

mobiel

Thanks, but I will have to call to block the account now, as people who have both the book and card could empty my account I was told.

mobiel

Yes, be careful but I guess you have a western name so the potential thai thief (it it's a theft and not a lost) cannot use it but the falang scammer  may use it !

By the way, I'm always surprised how easy it is to pay with a card in Thailand: just a signature no ID nor Pin code ask...

Phoned their customer service to block the ATM card, for withdrawal from the passbook a passport is required so should be OK. Thanks all.

mobiel

Ooh good luck!

My BK bank passbook ran out of pages so I went into a main branch in BK to get a new one. After initially being told 'cannot' I was eventually told 'can' but the hoops I had to go through were beyond belief. I must have signed something at least 10 times, went through 3 different people at 3 different desks. Took about an hour and a half. And that was for a full up book, dread to think what would happen if I lost one.

Conversely when I lost my ATM card I popped into a branch in Pattaya and walked out with a new one in about 15 mins flat!

Things seem a way easier in pattaya for everything included banks. By the way, I think (need to check), it's impossible to open a bank account in BKK as a tourist. 

Ooh good luck!

I recently got a new passbook at Bangkok Bank, my third one, and it was handled very quickly. I was at the teller window, making a withdrawal and the girl said I needed a new book. She walked me over to a desk where they promptly did the paperwork. When I was done the same teller called me next. I got my cash and was out the door.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Ooh good luck!

When my bank book is full.. i go to the bank, and the give a new one without any complicated procedure.. it costs my about 2 minutes... except there is a longer queue

Things seem a way easier in pattaya for everything included banks. By the way, I think (need to check), it's impossible to open a bank account in BKK as a tourist. 

I just opened a new account in bangkok about 3 months ago. I only have visa exemption stamp in my passport. (But i already had an account on another branch)... But also my first account back a few years i opened with a visa exemption stamp.... But not every branch will open it easily.. but i am lucky guy.. and never had a problem so far

• 3 weeks later...

Kbank is easy to get a new bankbook from. Just go down to soi 9 police station. Talk to the tourist police officer there. Tell him your story and he makes notes and bring you to a thai police officer. They make same report in thai. Go back to the tourist police officer and give him the case nr. They need to know what office you opened the bank account in as well. Go back to this office. Ask for a new bankbook and give them your police report. Goes pretty fast everything.

Not so easy steal your money without your pincode, signature and passport.

Ooh good luck!

Hmmm, strange. I changed passbook several times. Takes only a few minutes each time! Never changed desk or what you told above.....

Kbank is easy to get a new bankbook from. Just go down to soi 9 police station. Talk to the tourist police officer there. Tell him your story and he makes notes and bring you to a thai police officer. They make same report in thai. Go back to the tourist police officer and give him the case nr. They need to know what office you opened the bank account in as well. Go back to this office. Ask for a new bankbook and give them your police report. Goes pretty fast everything.

Not so easy steal your money without your pincode, signature and passport.

Blimey that doesn't sound easy. I'd rather do what I had to do than go through your experience!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Blimey that doesn't sound easy. I'd rather do what I had to do than go through your experience!

Yours was only a full book though.

If you lose it you've got to get the Police Report for any bank here.

Yours was only a full book though.

If you lose it you've got to get the Police Report for any bank here.

Ah yes true, was only a full book. Obviously the book is still key in Thailand. A lost debit card didn't require any police paperwork thankfully.

RULES

1NQq.gif

I noticed last time i opened  a second account at Kasikorn Jomtien Beach , that they besides the plenty documents and copys , they take a picture from me with similar PC camera same as at immigration border controle .. .Maybe for more security i hope in case loosing Book or card  ?

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

That explanation was only for those who lose or get the passbook stolen.

Otherwise if just wanna change passbook or like in your case full passbook it's usually takes only a few minutes for me to get a new passbook in Bangkok bank. 10 signatures you said, wow?! I did one or 2 maximum. Seems they were bored in your office and had to get occupied with something ;)

Yeah I dunno why either. It was a main office in Bangkok as well. Perhaps the fact my branch is in Phuket complicated things.

RULES

1NQq.gif

Yeah I dunno why either. It was a main office in Bangkok as well. Perhaps the fact my branch is in Phuket complicated things.

That important part you left out before!!! Now I understand why they said no first and all signing. Normal thai proceeding is that you have to go to your bank where you open your account. Ridiculous indeed but it's the whole thing with this passbook as well. As you noticed they can if they want. But like make a big deal out of it always.....

• 2 weeks later...

Never had problem renewing full passbook. If lost/stolen and your account is emptied and the police catch the culprit they need a report for the prosecution process.

Archived