Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Patong/Karon/Kata beach vendors

gonzodagreat

After all this clean up Thailand effort by the Great leader, i want to confirm on Phuket beaches

a) are there chairs anymore to sit at?Cost?

b) are there people selling food and drinks on the beach?

c) its only the massages ladies/tattoo guy / fan sellers kicked off the beach?

If a or b are not there that is a step backwards in my opinion. I do think you should have an option of not using the seats but the food/beer/drinks were good!

Its one of the reasons i like a couple of days in Phuket over pattaya just due to the beaches.

After all this clean up Thailand effort by the Great leader, i want to confirm on phuket beaches

a) are there chairs anymore to sit at?Cost?

b) are there people selling food and drinks on the beach?

c) its only the massages ladies/tattoo guy / fan sellers kicked off the beach?

If a or b are not there that is a step backwards in my opinion. I do think you should have an option of not using the seats but the food/beer/drinks were good!

Its one of the reasons i like a couple of days in phuket over pattaya just due to the beaches.

Probably will depend on the area. The entire beach of Surin has been cleaned up and no more chairs or lounges on the

beach. Food and drink are available at the bars on the other side of the street but service in the sand doesn't appear to be available.

• 2 weeks later...

That makes it like a beach in Australia.....where you get sun burned because there are no umbrellars 

I have only been going to thailand for 4 years and i already miss the good old days.

It has been pretty much a clean sweep of all vendors on the main beaches, as the powers that be in Bangkok try to sought out the power behind the vendors. Methinks vendors will be back providing service by the time the high season kicks in toward the end of the year, albeit with some limitation on numbers.

Personally I have no need of their services, and prefer beaches where they are low key, or not present at all. Howver, each to their own, and if the vendors don't return to providing service on the main beaches, tourism will suffer. Many visitors, such as the OP expect them to be there.

I hope the umbrellas and loungers return for high season. Otherwise it will suck.a bit...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9506 mit Tapatalk

I hope the umbrellas and loungers return for high season. Otherwise it will suck.a bit...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9506 mit Tapatalk

I do enjoy the lounges and umbrellas at Surin beach. Not so sure next time if I'd take the 30 minute ride to Surin beach just to sit on the sand. Call me spoiled but I like a nice chaise lounger, umbrella and waiter. I understand this was all setup with permits on public land, I get it, but there must be some compromise?

• 2 weeks later...

Spot on. I'm not going to sit on a towel and get sunburned. I think they will make a comeback in time for high season. 

Archived