IGNORED

Lax to bkk

Da cook

Lax to Bkk.................what about it,  don't understand your post,  are you talking about a certain airlines,  you really have to take a flight for Los Angeles...........driving is  a real pain 

it's a long, two flight trip, whichever airline and city you stop in.  depending on the airline and flight, you can land in BKK around midnight, or morning... most of the flights I have taken from Reno go through SFO, and I end up in BKK late at night...  love the other options that get me in mid day...  but flying from Reno limits my options...

which airline and fligh you taking?

not flown with them, flew with Air China one time, that was enough.

regardless of the flight/airline, you are going to Thailand, and will have a GREAT time!!!

:)

No experience, but it looks like a relatively short layover in Taipei, then on to BKK.

I flew China Southern in July, they had the new A380 airplane. Very nice airplane, had one of the lowest flight duration's and got me to BKK in the late morning. Also was the least expensive flights.  

China Air and Eva are pretty good.  Usually pretty short layovers in Taipei.  Lots of things in the airport aren't open that early, but TPE is a pretty comfortable airport(free wifi and things aren't quite as overpriced as BKK).  Love the 1am flights because you land in BKK around noon so have pretty much a full day to enjoy.  Easier to adjust to the time, as well.  Get on the plane, eat, sleep, wake up in Taipei in the morning.

I flew China Southern in July, they had the new A380 airplane. Very nice airplane, had one of the lowest flight duration's and got me to BKK in the late morning. Also was the least expensive flights.  

Had a good experience also with China Southern in Feb and can't beat the departure/arrival times...my advice is at check-in to request a seat in the upper level of the A380

Im considering flying to LAX and taking Thai airways to BKK. Ive flown Thai a few time through United, good airline. If I am right Thai airways is non stop from LAX to BKK. Does anyone know for sure? This may cost me a few hundred more dollars but it would be a shorter trip.

Im considering flying to LAX and taking Thai airways to BKK. Ive flown Thai a few time through United, good airline. If I am right Thai airways is non stop from LAX to BKK. Does anyone know for sure? This may cost me a few hundred more dollars but it would be a shorter trip.

The Thai Air LAX to BKK flight has a layover in Seoul now.  No more non-stop.

The Thai Air LAX to BKK flight has a layover in Seoul now.  No more non-stop.

F! Thx for letting me know.

F! Thx for letting me know.

I could be wrong, but I think Thai has one flight going each way to/from LAX that is a direct flight -- in other words, you stop in Seoul, but you do not change planes.

I talk China Southern all the time, upper level economy widow seat in the rear of the plane. Plenty of room with a side compartment for you personal storage.

All my 3 trips have been with China airlines out of LAX, they have one of the shortest travel times and I love the red eye at 1130 pm and gets you in to Bankok at 10ish am. I really liked flying with them and have no complaints about the flight or service.

But,my next trip is booked with EVA after I read about the poor safety record with China Airlines.

Not a direct flight if it stops somewhere.Seoul

A "non-stop flight" is one that goes to the destination without any stops in between.

A "direct flight" is one that stops, but you do not change planes before traveling on to the final destination.  Longer duration than a non-stop, but more convenient than an itinerary on which you have to change planes, because you don't have to get off, worry about your luggage making the transfer, etc.

In the couple of times I've flown to BKK, once was on China Air, and it definitely wasn't my favorite.

if it was much cheaper I'd probably still do it, but I remember feeling like the planes were old and there weren't nice things like personal video screens.

I flew Air China, never again you might be describing them, that was my experience, old 747's and 777's with projection screens on the bulkhead...

different than China Air tho...  I have no experience of them, or China Southern.

I really enjoyed flying EVA...  I also liked ANA and Thai...  all code sharing with United.

United is my main airline, and I have also flown to BKK on Delta twice.  

All via SFO or Seattle , originating in Reno.

Yes. Thx guys. Stopping once and staying on the plane does not help me.

I have taken the red eye china airlines flight out of LAX through Taipei. I would do it again. It was actually a comfortable economy seat. Great arrival time at BKK. If you get it through a discount site though watch out as you'll likely get no miles due to the fare class especially if trying to get them on Delta.

I have flown with United 5 times

They have really gone downhill

The connection through Tokyo Narita with ANA is terrible

Much better is Hong Kong with Thai (but that was from SFO)

Have heard good things about Korean Air through Seoul but not Star Alliance

Archived