Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Air France Strike

insider

Yesterday got 2 emails (one for each flight) as follows;

Dear customer,

We confirm that a call for strike action has been issued by several airline pilot unions, for the period from 15 to 22 September.
We are maintaining constant dialogue with all the unions and talks will continue over the coming days. It is too early to have an exact idea of the outcome of these talks and the consequences of this strike action on our flight schedule.

If the strike does take place, the application of the Diard law will enable Air France to have an accurate estimate of the number of employees taking part in the action, 48 hours in advance.
Our flight schedule will be adapted accordingly and you will be informed of any impact on your flight on the day before your departure.

We would like to assure you that our teams are fully mobilized and will do their utmost to assist you and minimize the impact of this industrial action on your travel plans.

Nevertheless, without waiting, we are offering the following commercial facilities:

• You may anticipate your trip as from now and up to 14 September 2014 or postpone it between 23 and 30 September 2014 included, at no extra cost, in the same cabin on our website, or on our mobile sites.

• To postpone your trip after 30 September 2014, change your origin or destination, or if you no longer wish to travel, you can benefit from a voucher valid for one year on Air France or KLM. In this case, please contact your usual travel agent.

So changed my booking free of cost, to a KLM plane through Schipol, faster journey, more convienient time, even got better seat (loads of leg room) by making a small polite gripe about an admin fee i had to pay to change my airport taxi time. 

Could have got a ticket for the day before if i'd asked or even left same day (the anticipate your trip part)

If i'd booked this flight originally it would have cost £180 extra (not inc. upgraded seat)

Archived