IGNORED

Traveling to Khao Yai National Park

bob_ny

I'm checking into some of the tourist locations that I haven't ventured to in Thailand and was wondering if there are any board members who have visited this park.

It looks beautiful and looks like there are a number of things to take in while there.  It also appears to be a possible day trip from Bangkok.

Here's what I'd like to know:

I see there's a mini van that goes there from Victory monument, so getting there looks like it'll cost only a few hundred baht if I wanted to go that way.  (I'm assuming the cost will be less than 500 Baht.  If anyone's been on the mini van from Victory and knows the cost that would be helpful).

If I went with the mini van, would I be able to get around the park to see the falls, and some of the other sights easily?  I noticed there are carts pulled by oxen that we can ride, but is that the transport that's available all throughout the park?  Or would be only be able to hike?

I'm assuming if they have a min van from Victory, then they probably have a min van back to Victory.  Makes sense, but TIT.  Is that correct?

Some of the prices I've seen online from tour operators seem really steep, at 7-10,000 baht for a day trip.  Has anyone been on a full tour where they pick you up from your hotel and take you to a number of tourists sights along the way as well as guide you through the park at a lower price than what I've seen online?  And would you recommend the operator you used?

Anything else about the adventure will be appreciated so don't be shy.

Not sure about tours to Khao Yai, but I can tell you that there are some really nice places around that area. I drove there last February with my then TGF. She did tell me though that it is best to go just after the rainy season as that is when all the water falls are at there peak. Sorry couldn't help you out any further

"Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional"

:ILoveSex1:

Archived