Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jomtien Hotel recco's please

Trevor69

Hi addicts

I have stayed in Pattaya alone many many times and usually take my son 16 and daughter 22 for a holiday once a year to various destinations.We had a great time in Samui a few years back but i do miss my Pattaya FIX so i was looking for a compromise where i could enjoy a little dabble but also give them a good holiday free from the constant lady hassle therefore i chose Jomtien.

Could anyone recommend a hotel in this area with a nice pool good rooms and a restaurant or two on site.I am looking to pay in the region of 2000baht to 3000baht per room per night.Looking forward to your replies

Trevor

I've looked in detail at Jomtien over the last few months as I'm staying there next year as I plan to meet up with an old friend who has a Thai family,

In the end, I gave up on finding a decent hotel that I could guarantee was guest-friendly and have booked a Condo in VT7.

If you plan to do your dabbling away from the hotel, then my friend found Jomtien Palm Beach reasonable and Jomtien Garden OK. They do tend to be full of Russian/Chinese et al package tourists.

Dancewatchers have lots of a Condos in VT2A but I found them expensive and their communication brief ( no prices on website).

There are a few people renting condos in VT5 and VT7. If you're interested, I may be able to find a couple of sites.

There are also condos on Pratumnak which give the option of Jomtien or Pattaya being fairly close.

Good luck with your search.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I've looked in detail at Jomtien over the last few months as I'm staying there next year as I plan to meet up with an old friend who has a Thai family,

In the end, I gave up on finding a decent hotel that I could guarantee was guest-friendly and have booked a Condo in VT7.

If you plan to do your dabbling away from the hotel, then my friend found Jomtien Palm Beach reasonable and Jomtien Garden OK. They do tend to be full of Russian/Chinese et al package tourists.

Dancewatchers have lots of a Condos in VT2A but I found them expensive and their communication brief ( no prices on website).

There are a few people renting condos in VT5 and VT7. If you're interested, I may be able to find a couple of sites.

There are also condos on Pratumnak which give the option of Jomtien or Pattaya being fairly close.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the info davidge.I would be looking for a hotel with two roome rather than a condo as i will not be bringing ladies back.Jomtien Garden looks ok but is very cheap and i would wonder why this is the case.I shall take a look at Jomtiem Palm beach.

I have noticed the Rabbit resort which looks lovely and has great reviews but is more expensive.I think that i will do a little trip out there to have a look myself as i am staying in Patts in December.

Rabbit is a little bit out of the way. Stories on Trip Advisor of guests having to carry luggage a long way on arrival due to Beach Rd being closed during the day. Very expensive restaurant. The whole place is meant to be (deliberately) like a bit of a Jungle so rooms can be dark. The main thing that put me off was the responses of the farang (?) wife of owner. Along the lines of 'our place is so wonderful, how can you possibly say nasty things'. She also appears to like to tell guests off if she thinks they're too noisy or not behaving 'appropriately'.

I think my friend changed from using Jomtien Palm Beach to Jomtien Garden just to save a bit of money. Pool at Palm Beach meant to be very good. From what he's said, it is better than Garden. His regular Pattaya hotel used to be Flipper Lodge on Soi 8. Both Jomtien hotels are better.

I found mixed reviews about all hotels in Jomtien! Another reason I booked a Condo in the end.

I'll be interested to hear how you find Jomtien as I'm not there until next June.

Rabbit is a little bit out of the way. Stories on Trip Advisor of guests having to carry luggage a long way on arrival due to Beach Rd being closed during the day. Very expensive restaurant. The whole place is meant to be (deliberately) like a bit of a jungle so rooms can be dark. The main thing that put me off was the responses of the farang (?) wife of owner. Along the lines of 'our place is so wonderful, how can you possibly say nasty things'. She also appears to like to tell guests off if she thinks they're too noisy or not behaving 'appropriately'.

I think my friend changed from using Jomtien Palm Beach to Jomtien Garden just to save a bit of money. Pool at Palm Beach meant to be very good. From what he's said, it is better than Garden. His regular Pattaya hotel used to be Flipper Lodge on Soi 8. Both Jomtien hotels are better.

I found mixed reviews about all hotels in Jomtien! Another reason I booked a Condo in the end.

I'll be interested to hear how you find Jomtien as I'm not there until next June.

I am going alone in December but i am taking my son and daughter in July/August next year

I will take note of your comments on the Rabbit resort as my daughter is fairly loud and the tranquility would probably lead her to conflicts with the management lol.

I looked at Palm beach and Jomtien Garden.Both have very mixed reviews but hey for the money you are paying the facilities are all there.

If you do notice anything else that maybe suitable i would appreciate your feedback davidge and as i have mentioned i will have a look myself in December.

Ok.

Maybe your daughter would enjoy the view from the Rabbit Beachside restaurant. Very much on the gay part of the beach so lots of young gays and lady boys ;-)

Think jomtien is a bad choice,good for you and your son if he likes the girls but not for your daughter,i would be more looking at somewhere like Phuket or chang mai etc,somewhere and something for all of you.And luton town you support?should try supporting a decent team like watford)

Think jomtien is a bad choice,good for you and your son if he likes the girls but not for your daughter,i would be more looking at somewhere like phuket or chang mai etc,somewhere and something for all of you.And luton town you support?should try supporting a decent team like watford)

I think that Jomtien is a fairly low key base for exploring the islands of Ko Samet.Ko Chang and KO larn all of which i prefer to the commercialized Phuket.

There are also some great other attractions around such as the Crocodile farm,Floating market amongs't others.Another major plus for the area is that the hotels are much cheaper than in other tourist resorts in Thailand.

You really do not have to hit Patts at all if you do not wish to although i will probably make a few solo excursions.

COYH

Trevor,

I've stayed several times at the Silver Sand Villa hotel in Jomtien.  Two big pools.  Comfortable rooms, larger rooms with connecting door at the back area of the grounds, with balcony and view over the pool.  Quiet.  Decent restaurant as well.

www.silversandvilla.com

Would definitely recommend it for a family. 

CM

I might be ancient, but my dick still rises in the east.......the Far East that is!!!!

Archived