IGNORED

Nana Hotel BKK!

sandman

Have booked into Nana hotel, Suk Soi 4, BKK for mid-OCT @B1490 per night incl buffet bkfst. Have not stayed this hotel since 2006. I feel that B1490 is NOT overpriced for the area & location, but that it might be for the hotel itself. Last time I stayed there, the bathroom had a constant disagreeable odor, even immediately after cleaning (maybe a dead rat in one of the drains). Really enjoyed the bkfst there.

hotel does not require any guarantee or deposit, so I suppose that if I am not pleased I can check out before the end of my booked period & just pay to date. 

I like to stay right in the middle of the mongering action, & I know of no BKK hotel which qualifies better than Nana. ( Would be pleased to receive any comments or suggestions on this point.)  I am a GOGO person, & there certainly are plenty available nearby, albeit expensive ones (less expensive than Soi Cowboy, I read). Biergarten available to me in afternoons. My one experience @ Thermae makes me reluctant to repeat. It was far too smoke-filled, & I have been reading that the FL's there are interested only in moneyed Asians.

Have employed the SEARCH function but have not found info on the current state of Nana's facilities. hotel does not enjoy a reputation for good upkeep. However, I am a peasant who grew up in a shanty, so I can handle bellow-average facilities.

So, is Nana worth B1490 per night to me? MANY THANX!

CHEERS!

Worth it for the location, and if you're lucky you might get one of the refurbished rooms.  Like this

nana.jpg

Retired

Very amusing Piece Corp.She is a cutie pie that's for sure.I am looking at staying in that area soon.Can that sort of cuteness be found on the Nana hotel perimeter or mainly clubs? Been previously to Bangkok Beat & Gullivers but that was about it.

just stayed last week in Nana, and going there in 2 weeks again.

you are right, not very well maintained, but ok.

if you have a problem with a room (i.e smell) they make no problem in changing you immediately.

I always stay on 5th floor, no view though, except the wall of next building.

good movie channels on large TV, good breakfast as you say, great swimming pool on 3rd floor.

Internet is not free, but you get 30 minutes free every day of your stay. If you buy a 24 hour card and remember to log off every time this card will last you 5-6 days.

all in all, and to answer your question, yes it is worth the money.

thaisabai

The Nana hotel is very tired indeed. However it is still very popular, mainly due to its location and the fact it has many repeat visitors.

There are several far better hotels, quality wise, on Soi 4. My personal picks would be

The Dawin

Heaven@4

Woraburi (if looking for cheaper)

I stay at the Woraburi if I am only in BKK one night as a bed is a bed but stay at The dawin for anything longer.

When I was a business traveller (others were paying) I always stayed at The Landmark and its worth considering for those of you with bigger budgets. Still the best breakfast buffet I have had in BKK.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Nana is an institution. Some guys like my friend love it.  The old nana disco used to be great fun, and the carpark a BKK novelty also.

Like LEK hotel in Pattaya almost stuck in a time warp. LEK has shag pile red carpets as I vaguely recall.  Both in brilliant locations if you are just drinking and fucking around.

I stay Soi 8 nowadays.

The Nana hotel is very tired indeed. However it is still very popular, mainly due to its location and the fact it has many repeat visitors.

There are several far better hotels, quality wise, on Soi 4. My personal picks would be

The Dawin

Heaven@4

Woraburi (if looking for cheaper)

I stay at the Woraburi if I am only in BKK one night as a bed is a bed but stay at The dawin for anything longer.

When I was a business traveller (others were paying) I always stayed at The Landmark and its worth considering for those of you with bigger budgets. Still the best breakfast buffet I have had in BKK.

Completely agree with Whitespider.  Nana hotel looks old, smells old and feels old.

And would also add Phachara Suites if you have a little bigger budget.

Because of it's history it is probably something you had to do, even just once.  With the parking lot and the (then) popular Nana disco it was Monger Central. Great breakfast buffet as well. I think Nana's infamous rep has diminished somewhat, and I'ld probably look for sth better in the area, but I'ld have no problems in staying there again for a few nights for old times sake.

Breakfast buffets... Since i no longer travel with a family i've never been up early enough to catch one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breakfast buffets... Since i no longer travel with a family i've never been up early enough to catch one.

10 am Nana breakfast closes Andy ,   I can tell you its a challenge  !!    Over the years iv'e  probably made about 1 in 5 

Decent enough food though .

Mikeyboy 

10 am Nana breakfast closes Andy , I can tell you its a challenge !! Over the years iv'e probably made about 1 in 5

Decent enough food though .

Mikeyboy

Those must have been the times you walked in and the buffet was allready on :-)

Have booked into Nana Hotel, Suk Soi 4, BKK for mid-OCT @B1490 per night incl buffet bkfst. Have not stayed this Hotel since 2006.

It'll be like you never left.  

I stayed there 12 years ago, it was shabby then, & they haven't remodeled. it's for newbie idiots (like I was) or people with low standards. Virtually everyplace in the hood is better. In addition to those mentioned - Lohas Suites, Majestic Suites, Boss Suites, Aspen Suites, Paradiso, Monaco, & Solo2 are WAY BETTER and in the same price range.

i like Nana hotel, stay there everytime iam in BKK.

yes it is old and tired and in need of renovation, it is still good value though.

The Nana hotel seems to be getting mixed reviews, I have stayed at the Dawin just up the street a couple of times, very clean and neat rooms, no problem taking someone back either, and has a nice terrace at ground level at the front of the hotel where you can watch the hustle and bustle having your breakfast the following afternoon!

101_1287.JPGI always have 3 nights in Bangkok after Patts before I fly home and always stay in the Nana.

I've been using it for 13 years and will keep doing so.

Location is amazing and you can still pick up some good lookers in the car park   :GoldenSmile1:

Nana.

i wouldnt hesitate to stay there a few nights, but if i was planning a week or more i would definately find something else.

the hotel is simply the best mongering place in the world. The clientele make it grreeaat we all know the works. I love the place and can put up with slightly below par rooms for the buzz of it.

Don't forget your European condoms.

I always stay at Nana. I've gotten to know the staff and they treat me VERY well. Do lots of extra things for me. I like the faded glamour. They do have a marble lobby.          : )

If you want a great pool you can't beat it.

Plus because of the Japanese and Koreans the go-gos are looking for more money. Many is the time a price was quoted, then they quoted 500B cheaper for short time room. I tell them I stay at the Nana and I get the short time room price and usually we hang out in bed and watch TV after. Have a 19 year old beautiful, sexy, sweet, nice, caring. English-speaking girl I frequent there. Easy shmeasy.

Nana hotel

Now there's a relic.

Jumped up, snobby reception. For what?

Run down rooms.

All because they are across the road from the action.

Washed up disco downstairs, Old Farts corner in the lobby.

Better hotels to be found If you must stay in Lower Sukhumvit.

IMHO.

I stay half way down the soi at a similarly named Nana City Plaza for 900 baht and the staff are great!  they have cameras in the halls and always call to make sure the girl is sweet to get her ID on the way out.  If you want to check out early, they will lock your bags away on the stairs and monitor it with cams for free... rooms a bit tired but always quiet and always had a great experience there....

...Using the force, one bar at a time

I wouldn't put any body off Nana hotel ... yes its dated and a bit smelly but that's part of the charm , I read somewhere before my first time in Bangkok a guy saying every one should stay at Nana at least once just for the experience and do a bit of people watching in and around the hotel ... a great piece of advice .... for me Nana Plaza and surrounding area is the best in Bangkok ... The last few times I've been though I have stayed at the Majestic Suites just around the corner a little cheaper much better rooms but breakfast not as good but ok ...

What's wrong with the Dynasty?   Been a few years since I stayed there, but it was good value then.

What's wrong with the Dynasty?   Been a few years since I stayed there, but it was good value then.

+1

Right next door to NEP.

Side alley access if you don't like the "Walk Of Shame"

But if you pass through reception they will duly monitor the coming and goings, calling to confirm everything is ok before giving back I.D. cards etc.

Rooms in the new building are a bit pricier but nice, modern with cracking aircon.

Archived