IGNORED

Marriot vs August Suites and state of the latter

pschroeder

I've just got back from Patts and spent the last 9 days of my trip in the August Suites. I got a great deal on a massive suite (2500Thb) the staff are great and the rooms are brilliant.

Also the area is perfect just set back enough to make it quiet but only 5 minutes from soi 7 and 8 and a short bhat bus ride from everything else.

Shaky.

Just had the last 7 days at August Suites, can't fault it apart from the breakfast is ordinary so never get it included.

Location is absolutely perfect for me, baht buses to everywhere I want to go.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Also like August Suites and stayed there quite some times already.

From my point of view, I can confirm almost everything, said above.

The cosy pool area - which I like. In peak season crowded every day, new towels since summer, but still the beds there are not too comfortable.

The room, huge and clean. The mould in some room I also experienced before. The "signs of wear and tear", yes I have seen too.

Some rooms have flat screens, other ones the elder TV.

The mentioned 'friendly' approach of the 'Lady who is the boss". This seemed to be better recently, though I liked the Gentleman much better, who was doing this job before.

The negative comment on the night shift staff I cannot confirm. If it was about the Lady, being there quite a while. Did not see her any more on my recent visit.

The breakfast I never tried so far, as I did not want to get up early for this.

Families, yes there are. Some Scandinavians, some Japanes and some Farang/Thai I experienced. But never many and never felt disturbed by that.

The location is perfect to me as well. Quiet, market in front, 7-11 near by, Soi Buakhao, Soi 7 and 8, Beach Road close and an easy Baht Bus Comnection.

Over all, I would recommend August Suites without hesitating. To compare it with Marriott is not possible in my eyes.

Archived