Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

200 baht or less

billybonkers2

Daveo, that building is next to a bar that blasts loud music all night long. Have they stopped doing that?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a guesthouse just before the gas station on Pattaya Tai, above 3rd road on the left hand side, they have decent rooms for 6000/month with AC but also fan rooms for 3000 plus utilities if you rent on a monthly basis. I believe that is one of the cheapest available and not a dump. Also 10 minutes to Walking Street and on the bahtbus route. Hope it helps.

Why bother?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Why bother?

Plenty of guys rent rooms for B6000 a month in Pattaya, nothing wrong with that.

A friend of mine had a great little 5th story airy room just off 3rd road, little thai kitchen on the balcony I think he was paying less than B6000.

He was not a cheap charlie he just did not need anything fancy

tony1.jpgtony 2.JPGI remember a few year's ago Tony's Campsite (same guy as tonys disco, gym etc) , 180bht a night

(not my pics)

One of the plastic collecters sleeps on the pavement outside the motorcycle shop cnr lenkee & 3rd. Could ask him to share?????

Sling him a 20???

Disclaimer.... yea I'm an Idiot

One of the plastic collecters sleeps on the pavement outside the motorcycle shop cnr lenkee & 3rd. Could ask him to share?????

Sling him a 20???

:GoldenSmile1:

too many street dogs

I'm sure u can get a fan and a toilet for 200bt a night . Just make a deal with the 5 bt toilet lady in any beerbar complex . Good luck .

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

• 2 weeks later...

Omg 200 baht a night i never see that before, its good thats possible for addicts on a tight budget.

I noticed in August that across the street from the Rest Stop on Soi Chaiyapoon there was a place advertising 160 baht rooms. Prolly no pool or no brekkie included though :GoldenSmile1:

I am loving this thread. I would love to see pictures of these places you guys know. Thanks Daveo for the post with a picture. I personally would not want to do a trip that rough but I appreciate someone trying. I am also wondering what the OP has as a daily buget for his trip and how long is he staying for.

Thanks for the great read!

• 1 month later...

200 bath...stay home and save money for next trip....

Exactly why you would put yourself through that with that sort of a budget just to get to patts?? Work a bit harder or longer and get some more $ behind you

Could you post more details about the hotel?

Thanks

It's on soi buakao about 100 meters from central pattaya road just behind V&M Terrace ... I had a girl who was living there on my last trip and the place seemed clean from what I saw from the outside but I haven't seen the room itself.

On the google maps picture, it's the orange building at the end of the small alley where the arrow points on the sign.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@12.9345897,100.8879978,3a,75y,356.03h,79.45t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sh0ZvPrpj050yUpQsnXBoJg!2e0?hl=fr

so the guys that come over and stay for incredibly low, low prices - how do they get here?  if they are not wanting to pay too much for a room and I am guessing food as well (eat at food stalls, etc) - do they end up hitching a ride on a barge?  and once here, do they end up hooking up with any girls?  maybe the bushmaster girls (forget the forum name of the real cheap, low, low price girls on the hill near the goCART racetrack on the side of Pratunmak Hill)... or do they cheap out on the room and food - and then spend MAJOR LEAGUE BUCKS on Walking Street AGoGo solid gold STUNNERS? And if they do, do they end up taking the girls back to their low, low CRAZY EDDIE priced digs?  Or maybe they work it out that they crash at the bar girl's room?  I met a guy when I first got here who said his budget for the entire year was $5,000 USD.  And he stayed in a real inexpensive room and he ate Thai food off of food carts, in markets, etc.  But he flew business class when he went back and forth to the States.  And he belonged to a relatively expensive fitness center, and he hung out there quite a bit - as it was a very nice environment and had free WIFI, etc.  So, he splurged in certain areas and went with very low, low CRAZY EDDIE prices in other areas... For some it is a challenge to see just how inexpensively they can live while here... to each their own... we shouldn't judge... but, unfortunately, we will be judged as there are some judgmental MOFO's out there in theWORLD - that is a fact...

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

In 2010 I stayed for a month at Ruaysamer apartment up soi excite orange yellowy building on the left it cost about 6000 for one months stay. it was cheaper for long term. The room had aircon and a fan, a shower, bed and a TV and fridge, a settee and small table and wardrobe. there was a back door which lead to a balcony drying area for the laudry. I stayed in the end room next door to an old guy called Bill who had lived in Pattaya for years.  There was washing and water machines downstairs.The only bad thing was that my bed had some sort of thing that would bite me even after washing the bedding countless times my friend had the same problem in his room though we could not see anything such as bedbugs. The Thai girls I brought back never complained about anything. The old guy who runs it was okay but his wife seemed a bit stuck up. The only other thing I did not like was there was no room safe. There are also lizards that climb on the outside of the front door .One night I came back drunk and one jumped on my shoulder and ran down my arm. It would be an okay budget place to stay if they got rid of whatever type of insect lives lives in the bed! but for that reason I have not used it since.

The best places I have stayed in so far are the China Garden andTrevers which I think is now part of the Cantaberry Cafe Empire and the Billabong. I would rank the China garden in first place.

I am sure there are decent places to be had for 6000 to 7000 baht per month but I prefer to sleep with bargirls only and not creepy crawlies.

• 2 months later...

160 Baht Guest House Soi Chaiyapoon, Pattaya

7506687154_2e7d25df16_m.jpg

DSC05102.jpg

Classy! Looks like a study desk with mirror included.

Apparently they even have internet available in reception.

old-computer-internet.jpg

Posted Image
X.

You can have extra income while in Pattaya. Last year I noticed a guy parking his black Mercedes after 12 am at the end of Walking ST. A girl I know told me that he is gay and apparently picks up guys  and pays the 1000 baht short time.

Daveo, that building is next to a bar that blasts loud music all night long. Have they stopped doing that?

Going on no complaints re any noise and being that I have not had anyone mention it I guess it stopped but not had anyone mention it for yrs so >?

We do now have a 4th floor room available at 200 per night or 4,500 per month plus electric and 250 baht water.

450 per month works out 150 baht per night, its actually booked at the moment to 3 U.S lads here for Muay Thai training.

The room is quite big as takes up most of the top floor, fan room no A/C, need to be fit to climb to 4th floor, has TV, King bed, hot water shower, toilet, free wifi, fridge, plenty of space for extra sleepers so would suit back packers.

You would need to be also heat tolerant as no A/C 

1421649308358small.jpg1421649285379small.jpg1421649297532small.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I have to ask as to why the OP would come to Pattaya? This is a party town, with money being blown on booze and hookers, with not much else to do around here. I can see backpackers going around  Northern Thailand, Cambodia etc, but Pattaya?

Archived