IGNORED

TAT to extend tourist visas, launch new campaign

Sick Water Buffalo

TAT to extend tourist visas, launch new campaign
August 28, 2014 11:11 am
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is considering adopting some measures to maximise tourism revenue, including extending visitors' visas, as this year's earning is likely to be lower than targeted. TAT Governor Thawatchai Aranyik estimated that Thailand's income from tourism this year will miss its Bt2.2-trillion target and total around Bt1.9 trillion, divided into Bt705 billion from foreigners and Bt1.2 trillion from locals. At the same time, the number of foreign visitors could be about 25.5 million, a drop of 3.34 percent compared to the goal of 28 million.

The TAT is preparing to propose a range of tourism stimulus measures to the Tourism Ministry for consideration. One of the measures is the doubling of stay for tourist visa holders which would, for example, allow European tourists to remain in the Kingdom for as long as 60 days, as opposed to the current 30-day limit.

The TAT will also seek to maintain the visa fee waiver for Chinese and Taiwanese passport holders for a little longer. Thawatchai pointed out that Thailand needs to step up its game after many countries, especially Japan, have already exempted visa fees for visitors, leading to fiercer competition.

The TAT Governor added that Thailand's newest tourism campaign promoting the Thai ways of living will be introduced at the World Travel Mart 2014 in London, England this November while its official domestic launch is scheduled in January next year. The campaign is expected to help bring the country closer to its tourism revenue target of Bt2.2 trillion a year.

See underlined.  :Wassup1:

See underlined.  :Wassup1:

Don't European Tourist Visa holders already get 60 days?

The TAT is preparing to propose a range of tourism stimulus measures to the Tourism Ministry for consideration. One of the measures is the doubling of stay for tourist visa holders which would, for example, allow European tourists to remain in the Kingdom for as long as 60 days, as opposed to the current 30-day limit.

Only 30 days unless you pay to extend; not automatic.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Only 30 days unless you pay to extend; not automatic.

They're talking about tourist visas, not visa exemptions.   Tourist visa is already 60 days - pay to extend to 90 days.

They're talking about tourist visas, not visa exemptions.   Tourist visa is already 60 days - pay to extend to 90 days.

Don't think so.  They just called it a TV instead of VE.  But this has already been implemented this month.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Brits get 30 days on entry but I believe that those in the ASEAN group of countries get longer

Don't European Tourist Visa holders already get 60 days?

Obviously some idiot who knows nothing about visas wrote it, not that uncommon in this day and age. The writer is not talking about tourist visas but about the visa waiver scheme.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Brits get 30 days on entry but I believe that those in the ASEAN group of countries get longer

Filipinos and Singaporeans both get 30 days. I assume the same for other Asean countries.

Malaysian get 28 days if I am not mistaken

Hit me up for any kind of visa to stay in Thailand. Pay by installment.

Archived